Battletech on Steam Deck (GOG Linux Version via Heroic Launcher)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AsciiSmoke

Recruit
Sep 21, 2022
Hi all,

Recently got my Steam Deck and thought I'd delve into some of my GoG games with Linux versions.

Battletech is the first one I've tried so far but sadly I can't get the game to run. When I start the game up, I just get a black screen, when I move the mouse cursor (using the right trackpad), I can see the text 'press escape to skip' in the top left hand corner. The deck doesn't have an escape key per-se, but there is a shortcut for it (Steam button and left on the dpad). This doesn't work for some reason and neither does any other button press.

Has anyone managed to get it running? Is there any possibility that the game might receive a small update to work on the deck?

Since development has ended, I don't expect that the game would be updated to work on Steam Deck, but it might be worth creating a post in the Bug Reports forum as well as asking in the Steam forum for Battletech.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I saw a post on Twitter of someone getting it to work, but I know no details than that.

Edit: [Link] It is possible, but probably finicky. Possibly better than my previous HP toaster rig :)

• 1Like
Reactions: