BATTLETECH - No New Contracts - Only 1 Contract ever spawns on previously visited planets after 12 months away (Career Mode)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 30, 2022
One line summary of your issue
No New Contracts - Only 1 Contract ever spawns on previously visited planets after 12 months away (Career Mode)

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?
1.9.1-686R

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I'm trying to get help with a bug I found after installing the DLCs, though they might not be the cause. In my older saves I can return to a planet after a year and the contracts are basically all back, but now if I leave a planet no new contracts are generated except one. This is on my current saves and old saves now have this problem.

To test it out I loaded a current save, flew around the map, and the planet I was on only has 1 more contact that when I left, now having 3 instead of 2 after 300 days. I did the same thing for an old save with similar effects, but can still visit older planets with regenerated contracts. This has only happened in career mode for me, but I can see if it exists in campaign mode.

I have just the base game and official add-ons installed. I had the add-ons installed while playing a previous career mode and missions regenerated, although after activating the add-ons this problem became apparent. I tried to utilize the complete uninstall on the forum, but this did not help. Unfortunately, this issue persists on new and old career mode games.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
I have not fixed the issue and it has not gone away after re-installing the game.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    75,3 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    637,2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
One line summary of your issue
No New Contracts - Only 1 Contract ever spawns on previously visited planets after 12 months away (Career Mode)
In case anyone else needs a solution.

Edit the json file so that 7 contracts spawn a week instead of 0.5 - this will generate 7 new contracts every time you re-enter a system (after a week) instead of the 1 I was receiving previously. I've left and returned to a system multiple times to test out the fix and it seems to have stuck.

Go to ...\Steam\userdata\[steamID]\637090\remote\C0
Locate the SimGameConstants.json file and open it with notepad. You should probably save a copy of the original somewhere before editing it, because it can crash the game if you add a comment or do anything else beyond certain limits.
Change the following:

"ContractRenewalPerWeek" : 0.5,
to
"ContractRenewalPerWeek" : 7,

I hope this helps.