• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eadsbee

Recruit
Apr 28, 2018
One line summary of your issue
No MechWarrior Chatter

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have no in game MechWarrior Chatter. I'm running the game on steam. I have toggled the MechWarrior Chatter box on and off, during game play and in the menus before entering game play. It does not work in skirmish or campaign. In audio settings, I have made sure the volume for voices is all the way up. I have made sure I have the latest Realtek audio drivers installed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. In addition, the audio messages that pop up on the left side of the screen while on a mission do show up, but are not read aloud. The sound effect that plays shortly before spoken audio is supposed to be played does play, but nothing is played afterword. No dialogue for characters during the menus play either.

Steps to reproduce the issue
I'm uncertain how this issue could be reproduced.

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
Well, I gave up. I got rid of my 5.1 setup anyway. I now use 2 speakers and don't have this problem anymore. Still, it's a shame they still haven't fixed this bug.

I have a 5.1 setup and the cut scenes don't have audio, I assume surround support is permanently broken (not going to be patched) in this game?

When I switch to 2.0/2.1 I don't have any issues. Except the large issue of not getting 5.1 which is super annoying. :(

I too have been having issues with the Mechwarrior chatter cutting out lately. I took a long break from the flash-point release to Heavy Metal, therefore I don't know if this is a new issue or not.

I have a Steel Series Arctis Pro + Game DAC and drivers are all up to date.

Good headset, so no prob there. :)

Actually I'm getting chatter and I have 5.1 selected for my 5.1 speaker setup. BUT, the last cutscene had no audio, so maybe different issue?

And, now the next major cutscene worked... so odd. Maybe just the first one is bugged?

Last edited:
I use a Razer Kraken Tournament Edition Headset with a USB Audio Controller device. For me, the solution was to set audio to Stereo in Razer Synapse Software then deselect the THX toggle button on the USB Audio Controller device. So much better with the chatter back on!

Exactly, you have to switch to 2.0 / 2.1 Sound or Stereo, then it works fully normal. If you don´t have an 5.1 Sound-System (like connected it to an Subwoofer with 4 Speakers in a Home-Cinema) then it´s the only choise with the 2.0 / 2.1 Soundsystem.