BATTLETECH - Mech randomly explodes at end of mission

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DuckmanSTG

Recruit
5 Badges
May 2, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
One line summary of your issue
Mech randomly explodes at end of mission

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I just completed the Abandoned Factory mission on Linhauiguan and upon killing the last mech when the drop ship came in for pickup one of my lightly damaged mechs just explodes. It wasn't over heated and didn't take any damage on the last turn. 100% destroyed. Every component but the head.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Play the above mission.

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
Yes, just played it again and the dropship is definitely landing on the mechs. My POV was locked before and I looking at the back side of a hill so I couldn't see what was happening.

Don't necessarily think you're doing something wrong, there are numerous discussions regarding the dropship landing on the last mech to fire or the markers being very hard to notice, resulting in wrong place wrong time.

Try to confirm if your mech that got squashed was the last to fire or if you can spot it was standing on or in between the landing markers.

Still happening. This is marked as a bug right? I was doing a base capture mission, there was no indication of where the ship was going to land. My mech was simply the last one to fire, the mission was already over, and the animation of the drop-ship coming in completely destroyed my mech and killed the pilot. It was a glorified cut scene. it should not be able to kill anything.

It does seem like a clear bug, although I frankly don't remember seeing this thread before!

Unfortunately it looks like there will be no more patches for this game, as the last one was more than a year ago now.

Sorry about that!

All spaces that will be affected should have a red indicator and a warning description if you mouse over them. There was a bug that had the forest description override in some instances, but they fixed that a while ago.

I believe these only happen on capture base missions and it is generally possible to tell which area the dropship will land in before it arrives. You may be able to find a mod that removes the dropships landing. It wouldn't impact the mission. I don't know of any mods for this specifically.

• 1Like
Reactions: