• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ColonelJarJar

Sergeant
4 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
UPDATE: The length of each round has been changed to 14 DAYS!

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors. I am organizing a new Stock tournament with some unique rules called BATTLETECH - Mech Medley. Here is the description:

This tournament will use DISCORD as its primary means of communication.

Mech Medley is a Single Elimination Stock tournament with some special rules.

During each round participants will play a Best-of-3 match against their opponent with the following restrictions:

90 second timer.
One game will have a 15m budget.
One game will have a 20m budget.
One game will have a 25m budget.
No Pilot may be used more than once across all three games.
No Mech variant may be used more than once across all three games.
Stock Mechs only.
Partial Lances are allowed.

In other words you have to outfit three lances without any duplicates!

Further rules:
No hugging the map edges to avoid rear shots (or other nonsense).
Since this is best-of-3, a single game that stalemates can be resolved as a draw if both players agree to it. If you and your opponent finish all three games and the score is 1-1-1 (or somehow 0-0-3), the onus is on the two of you to determine a match winner in a fair and equitable manner.

At the beginning of each round I will randomly select a map for each budget. All 15m games for round 1 will be played on Map A, all 20m games on Map B, etc. New maps will be selected for each round until all 12 have been used.

The tournament will begin after 16 people have signed up. Each round will last a total of 14 days. Participants should roll a die for each game to determine who hosts. I know 3 games is a lot but I feel that 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to get everything done. If you happen to advance to the next round before the round is finished, feel free to contact your next opponent and play ahead.

PM me on Discord if you have any questions or you run into any problems.

Tournament signup: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/LnAFPYj3Qn
Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/63naBcx

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, I really like the "One and Done" style of Mech and MechWarrior usage. : )

All signed up. :bow:

"MechWarriors, MOUNT UP!"

Yeah. I made the rules so that people are forced to field some of the less popular mechs and spread out their best units.
I have long found that pushing past comfort zones is a good thing... and can be very FUN indeed. : )

Since my very first BATTLETECH Backer PvP match more than a year ago now, I have had Wildfire in like 99.9% of Multi-player Lances. Thanks to your manner of tourney I will need to decide if I break up the Gang, distributing my favorite Lance among two forces, or do I stick with a tried and true Lance, and now do my best to cobble together a Second Lance. I really am enjoying testing it all out. :bow: Thank you!