BATTLETECH - Loading screen, States refreshing saved games, infinate.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eandmir

Recruit
Nov 24, 2019
One line summary of your issue
Loading screen, States refreshing saved games, infinate.

What platform are you running the game on?

Steam

What operating system do you use?
Win10
Which version of the game are you running?
1.8.0-629R
What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint,
Urban Warfare,
Shadowhawk Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The loading screen states refreshing saved games infinitely. Unable to exit the settings page inside the game. Installed and uninstalled several times. Followed guide for clean uninstall. Never used mods.
Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Starting the game.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

Attach screenshot / video

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88,2 KB · Views: 30
  • output_log.txt
    18,8 KB · Views: 62
  • BattleTech Screenshot 2019.11.24 - 04.01.25.16.png
    BattleTech Screenshot 2019.11.24 - 04.01.25.16.png
    5,1 MB · Views: 35
Upvote 0
So far this has always been an antivirus app getting in the way, most commonly BitDefender. If that's what you have BattleTech.exe needs to be added to its exceptions list AND to the Safe Files feature in it.

So far this has always been an antivirus app getting in the way, most commonly BitDefender. If that's what you have BattleTech.exe needs to be added to its exceptions list AND to the Safe Files feature in it.

Sir, Tried that before I even made this post. I don’t have bitdefender I use ESET. Been playing this game from release till now and no issues till 1.8. I have added it and even entirely disabled the ESET program leaving the computer uncovered and still won’t pass. It appears looking at the output log it’s searching for a file and hitting a null value. I am open to suggestions and more trouble shooting. Thanks for your help.

Output log didnt load in the original post.

One section of errors I think:
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/libc
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/libc.dll
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/libc
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 1)

Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libobjc.dylib
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libobjc.dylib.dll
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libobjc.dylib
Fallback handler could not load library E:/Steam/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/BattleTech_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libobjc.dylib.dll
Attached unity initializer to BattleTechGame

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Eric\Documents\My Games\BattleTech" is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x0005e] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0008f] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00036] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0008f] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create()
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00036] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
at BattleTech.ModSupport.ModLoader.Init (System.Action callback) [0x00226] in <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0>:0
at BattleTech.UnityGameInstance.Reset () [0x0011a] in <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0>:0
at BattleTech.UnityGameInstance.Awake () [0x0003e] in <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
ActivateAfterInit:ActivateAndClose()
ActivateAfterInit:Update()

Very last section:
Uploading Crash Report
Unity [ERROR] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at BattleTech.Network.Services.HBSServiceManager.get_Instance () [0x00005] in <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0>:0
at BattleTech.Network.Services.HBSServiceManager.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0>:0
(Filename: <e1836ad313454eb4828ce697e61d02e0> Line: 0)

I have the exact same issue on my gog version with all 3 DLC + Shadowhawk installed. Never had issues bevor updating to 1.8

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    19,7 KB · Views: 14
  • DxDiag.txt
    23,6 KB · Views: 33
Sir, Tried that before I even made this post. I don’t have bitdefender I use ESET. Been playing this game from release till now and no issues till 1.8. I have added it and even entirely disabled the ESET program leaving the computer uncovered and still won’t pass. It appears looking at the output log it’s searching for a file and hitting a null value. I am open to suggestions and more trouble shooting. Thanks for your help.
It is common for AV apps to block a new version of a game even if they let the old version through; to them the changes in the .exe could be malware.
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Eric\Documents\My Games\BattleTech" is denied.
And I think this makes it pretty clear that is your problem. ESET must allow BattleTech.exe to write to that folder. AND if you also have Windows Defender enabled, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list feature in that app.

I have the exact same issue on my gog version with all 3 DLC + Shadowhawk installed. Never had issues bevor updating to 1.8
You don't mention the AV app fixes that have been discussed in this thread, which have been the cause each time. What do you use?

i use
Endpoint Protection Client

My problem is that i dont have admin for this program
I don't know what to suggest then, the game must be able to write and access those folders. I suppose you can't disable that AV app either?

Why is the "STEAM" version of this game problematic with savegame?

1. I get stucked refreshing save games if Steam Cloud is disabled.
2. And if Steam Cloud is enabled, Steam would download/create save files into "...\637090\remote\C0\SGS1" folder
1606392628836.png

but I could not load/delete them from within this game.
1606391906376.png

nor can I delete them from Windows' File Explorer as Steam Cloud would refresh/download them again and again.

Gezz! I am stuck with zombie files! this suck!

Last edited:
I don't know why you are seeing that. Are those campaign or career saves? How many are there?