BATTLETECH - Infinite loading on 'Prepping for Combat'

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SaberKat

Recruit
18 Badges
Feb 23, 2020
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
One line summary of your issue
Infinite loading on 'Prepping for Combat'

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Game hangs on loading when prepping for combat. Makes it to the screen with the dropship but then just hangs there with the loading wheel in constant motion but never slowing to indicate that the data is loading. Happens sometimes every second contract you take. most times on the first contract.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Load up the game. accept a contract and try to deploy for combat

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• DxDiag 2021.txt
    74,3 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    126,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
An unusual crash report at the end of that log, not really sure what to make of it I am sorry! It could be a game bug, although it must be a rare one if so.

This is just affecting one particular campaign or career file, is that right?

I see in that dxdiag you've had some Windows Bluescreens (BSoD) - were they associated with this game and problem? Or something else? I mention them because they are almost always hardware or driver faults.

You may as well update that nVidia driver, a new one came out the other day:

It's during the campaign. I may sometimes get to do one contract, then by the time I go to accept the second one it hangs on the loading screen.

The Blue screens are not associated with the game. They have happened at random when I'm off doing something else, but never for the game is running.

What I mean is, is it confined to one particular campaign, or it happens in any new one you might start as a test?

A little before the actual crash there is an error for a missing manifest entry:
ManifestEntry is null for [mechdef_marauder_MAD-2R_Guass_Sniper]

That isn't a mechdef that is normally in the game. I assume it is modded in? Infinite loading screens are a common modding problem if the game can't find a file that is requested.

Maybe try without the mod and see if you are still having problems? To fix the mod you would need to make sure it is adding all of the relevant entries to the manifest.