BATTLETECH - How to Fix your Infinite Loading Screen Since the Patch [Modding problems]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CorVexen

Recruit
15 Badges
Apr 27, 2018
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
One line summary of your issue
How to Fix your Infinite Loading Screen Since the Patch

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Howdy Everyone

If your launching the game since the patch, and now face an infinite loading screen clicking on any of the main menu options, such as skirmish, new/load campaine, or multiplayer .....

AND you had a mod installed when the patch dropped

Then you've come to the right place to get that fixed.

Steps to reproduce the issue
AndrewT here on the forms dropped the kernal that became a fix for this issue. Heres what i had to do to get things running again.

Launch your game.
Get it to infiniate load.
Close it.
Open the Output_log.txt located in the folder E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data for the steam install.
Scroll down to the bottom to find out which files are being called for from the server side Profiles.Dat file. it will say they are NULL or not found.

and then re-add them to your shinny new ManifestVersion.json file located in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data
doing a clean install will not fix the problem, because profiles.dat on the server is spazing out that your manifest file isn't the same.

Now with your Manifest file matching what it was before the patch was installed, relaunch your BATTLETECH and behold the glory of your lance of 4 mechs getting shot to scrap by 12 assaults.

man, 2 days away was too long.

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
I've tried all of the above; I've tried fresh installs, and modifying the local profile.dat file to load the standard (no mods) data... oy. The only thing that's actually gotten me playing is deleting profiles.dat and either starting a new campaign or loading past saves without logging in.

Last edited:
I have the infinite loop but i do not have any mods. what is the fix for this. i have tried reinstalling and it did not work
Same here. I have just bought the game, so it's a clean install. Will not run at all. Gets infinite loading screen at every attempt. No error messages, nothing, it just sits there. NOT HAPPY.

I have the infinite loop but i do not have any mods. what is the fix for this. i have tried reinstalling and it did not work
Same here. I have just bought the game, so it's a clean install. Will not run at all. Gets infinite loading screen at every attempt. No error messages, nothing, it just sits there. NOT HAPPY.
The. You have an unrelated problem to the on in this thread, please make your own fresh threads in the forum and attach there the output_log.txt showing the issue. Thanks.

I had that issue and this is what I did. The game had been dropped into Off Line Mode when Steam crashed on day. Manage on/off line mode didn't have a log on for On Line Mode. So I selected Created a New Account . This got me to paradox , and I made a new account. Then exited paradox site. Then went back to Paradox , and Logged In with the Old Account. Now the game runs the old campaign's saves [worked for me]...

My problem is the old mods are incompatible with the update. (Weapons Plus and JK Variants specifically) which means even if i try to reinstall them, they no longer play well together and older versions hang on the FPS counter screen.

I've tried completely wiping everything, coming back in, and even tried reinstalling older versions of the mod.

So is my game completely borked?

Maybe we can get an option on our profiles to wipe server-side data?

Last edited:
Yeah so you can't even start a new campaign... I mean I love the game but am pretty f***ing upset about this sh**...
I can't reinstall the old mods and can't play a new campaign without it... either this company is actively trying to convince people not to mod or they are just bad at making games... (by comparison to other companies, cause clearly I don't know how to make one :p)

Reactions:
Yeah so you can't even start a new campaign... I mean I love the game but am pretty f***ing upset about this sh**...
I can't reinstall the old mods and can't play a new campaign without it... either this company is actively trying to convince people not to mod or they are just bad at making games... (by comparison to other companies, cause clearly I don't know how to make one :p)

Look for your output_log.txt
That, at least, should tell you which files the game is looking for.
Then just plug in some 'dummies'. (Copy a similar file, and rename it to what the output_log is looking for.)
That should get the game working again - and then while in-game (logged into Paradox profile and with Cloud saves turned on), delete all campaign saves (feel free to make backups first), go to skirmish mode and delete any and all custom mechs in the Mechlab, as well as any custom lances. Then go and start a skirmish fight on all 4 settings (Battle, Clash, War, Unlimited) with stock lances. Check the OpFor, too - they should use a stock lance as well. And ... y'know, for the heck of it, go ahead and change your profile icon, too. You can change it back later.

Then exit the game.
Now go delete those dummy files you made earlier.
Verify File Integrity - or go ahead and do a full uninstall / reinstall.

... now your new shiny clean install should work, at least.

That's way too cumbersome, honestly - but ... eh, it's all I got, and I know it worked for a few people.

Look for your output_log.txt
That, at least, should tell you which files the game is looking for.
Then just plug in some 'dummies'. (Copy a similar file, and rename it to what the output_log is looking for.)
That should get the game working again - and then while in-game (logged into Paradox profile and with Cloud saves turned on), delete all campaign saves (feel free to make backups first), go to skirmish mode and delete any and all custom mechs in the Mechlab, as well as any custom lances. Then go and start a skirmish fight on all 4 settings (Battle, Clash, War, Unlimited) with stock lances. Check the OpFor, too - they should use a stock lance as well. And ... y'know, for the heck of it, go ahead and change your profile icon, too. You can change it back later.

Then exit the game.
Now go delete those dummy files you made earlier.
Verify File Integrity - or go ahead and do a full uninstall / reinstall.

... now your new shiny clean install should work, at least.

That's way too cumbersome, honestly - but ... eh, it's all I got, and I know it worked for a few people.
Dummy files worked for me.

Thanks.

One line summary of your issue
How to Fix your Infinite Loading Screen Since the Patch

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Howdy Everyone

If your launching the game since the patch, and now face an infinite loading screen clicking on any of the main menu options, such as skirmish, new/load campaine, or multiplayer .....

AND you had a mod installed when the patch dropped

Then you've come to the right place to get that fixed.

Steps to reproduce the issue
AndrewT here on the forms dropped the kernal that became a fix for this issue. Heres what i had to do to get things running again.

Launch your game.
Get it to infiniate load.
Close it.
Open the Output_log.txt located in the folder E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data for the steam install.
Scroll down to the bottom to find out which files are being called for from the server side Profiles.Dat file. it will say they are NULL or not found.

and then re-add them to your shinny new ManifestVersion.json file located in E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data
doing a clean install will not fix the problem, because profiles.dat on the server is spazing out that your manifest file isn't the same.

Now with your Manifest file matching what it was before the patch was installed, relaunch your BATTLETECH and behold the glory of your lance of 4 mechs getting shot to scrap by 12 assaults.

man, 2 days away was too long.

Upload attachment
im still having this issue. Sometimes the game gets its shit together an hour into loadif and actually lets me play the game but this happens whether im online or not, whether the game is modded or not. Ive only made some light tweaks and still nothing. The game doesnt even load up to the new, continue or load screen unless i close and restart the game like five times and even then, it wont load my campaigns or let me start a new one without sitting and loading for two hours.

So I pretty much tried my best and still could not make it work. Reinstalled every mod I got after a fresh install of the game and still infinite loading screen. I know this will come as not of a big deal to other people but this is a unique experience for me. A (mostly) singleplayer game I can't play anymore because some file can't be cleared - this is just sad.
I loved this game but this is ridiculous. This is not even a new bug when searching for it in google and still no way to fix it except time consuming file checking.

Hopefully there will be an easy way to just clear your profile in the (very near) future.

Ive found a way around it but it requires some work on your part. You must unistall, and then go into your steam library folder and then delete the remaining data manually. Then re install. This should solve the issue.