• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Edmon

TheEdmon on YouTube
34 Badges
Jul 11, 2014
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
This guide will help you to uninstall BattleTech cleanly if you have issues or have mods which have not uninstalled properly or have broken since v1.1. This method has been known to fix issues even if you've not modded (but have had issues since v1.1.).

One does not simply Right Click > Uninstall BattleTech.

Here is a video for making the regedit described below:

Note, you may also find data in the following location on windows 10:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\

[Moderator edit]
Please excuse me @Edmon for editing your post, but I wanted to get this information all in one place!

- another way of getting into AppData in Windows Explorer is to click on View up the top, and tick the box "view hidden items".

- a further measure has been seen to be needed to clear old modification and other game data in some cases. This should be done after the uninstall process Edmon describes, before installing again:
Open up RegEdit.exe, navigate to 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH'. Now delete the 'CachedSettings_h2706256392’ key
Note this too is potentially dangerous, ask for help if you are not confident in this!

- here are equivalent file system locations for GoG users:
The equivalent of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\USER_ID\637090\
is
C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\

The equivalent of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\
is
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\BATTLETECH\

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\ is the same for Steam and GoG versions.

What the GoG equivalent for turning off Steam cloud sync is I do not know, I'm sorry. Hopefully GoG users do or can find that!
AndrewT

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I am not seeing one of the common errors here, I am seeing some "filename unknown" errors.

I would try using the steam verify install function and see if any files are replaced.

Additionally, check your harddisk for damage, you said your machine crashed... maybe there is a problem.

You can use "Crystal Disk Info" to find out the status of your disk, I'm not allowed to link you directly due to the rules on this forum, but it should be easy to find.

If you see "-Crystal Dew World" you've got the right one.

Hi,

here is my output.log file.

Already a big thanks for your support!

... Tried to start again, still nothing...

Edit: included Dxdiag, I'am still on the old graphic driver i know...
Please go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\ and delete the profiles.dat file .

It may be under Local, LocalLow or Roaming, depending.

NOTE: this is not a general diagnosis thread. Please post your own new thread in future, thanks.

I currently have version 1.6.2 and have launched several career games.
I have not come across any of the flashpoints and can not find the urban environment in the biome drop down menu.
I am thinking of doing a clean uninstall but I can’t find the following files on my Windows 10 computer.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\

When I look for the file I can’t proceed past the AppData to find the LocalLow file.
Any help is appreciated.
Also please keep in mind I am extremely computer illiterate.

I currently have version 1.6.2 and have launched several career games.
I have not come across any of the flashpoints and can not find the urban environment in the biome drop down menu.
I am thinking of doing a clean uninstall but I can’t find the following files on my Windows 10 computer.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\

When I look for the file I can’t proceed past the AppData to find the LocalLow file.
Any help is appreciated.
Also please keep in mind I am extremely computer illiterate.

In the Appdata folder, there are three folders "Roaming" "localLow" and "local".

Check all three for the Harebrained folder.

There should simply be a folder called Harebrained, if it is not there in one of those folders, then move on to the next step of the uninstall procedure.

Finally found the Harebrained file.
I was searching for the AppData instead of typing it in after my username.
Finished following your directions and uninstalled the game.
The reinstall did not fix the fact that I can’t find Urban in the biome drop down menu and I have no idea what triggers a flashpoint.

In the campaign, new features are not unlocked until the campaign is completed, including flashpoints.

In a Career, you should see both almost immediately.

Start a Carrer and pass 60 days, if you see no flash points and you don't see the Urban biome, your DLC is not being recognised for some reason.

Great guide!
Does anyone know how to do a clean install of Battletech/Steam on Mac?

No issues finding the game directory and the saved games folder. But the HarebrainedSchemes folder is trickier.

Great guide!
Does anyone know how to do a clean install of Battletech/Steam on Mac?

No issues finding the game directory and the saved games folder. But the HarebrainedSchemes folder is trickier.
~/⁨Library/⁨Application Support⁩/⁨unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech⁩/

I'm just starting all over. Some of the earlier mods did minor tweaks, and the big mods caused the game to just stall loading.
I figure Ill start fresh, and then hack my way through getting the more useful mods to work. I'd itchin' to take on the Clans.

This guide will help you to uninstall BattleTech cleanly if you have issues or have mods which have not uninstalled properly or have broken since v1.1. This method has been known to fix issues even if you've not modded (but have had issues since v1.1.).

One does not simply Right Click > Uninstall BattleTech.

Here is a video for making the regedit described below:

Note, you may also find data in the following location on windows 10:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\

[Moderator edit]
Please excuse me @Edmon for editing your post, but I wanted to get this information all in one place!

- another way of getting into AppData in Windows Explorer is to click on View up the top, and tick the box "view hidden items".

- a further measure has been seen to be needed to clear old modification and other game data in some cases. This should be done after the uninstall process Edmon describes, before installing again:

Note this too is potentially dangerous, ask for help if you are not confident in this!

- here are equivalent file system locations for GoG users:

AndrewT
Thank you AndrewT for putting this together. And Edmon for the video.

Unfortunately for me, this didn't help. I still get crash @ startup. However, now it seems Unity isn't creating the crash log; at least I've been unable to find it.
Regardless, I still hold out a little hope that if I upgrade my video (currently Intel UHD 630 integrated), I may yet again experience the magnificence of BattleTech dominance.
BTW, does anyone have a suggestion as to what video card to get? I want to go with a GTX 1650/60S, but I don't think my puny power supply can energize it @ only a pittance of 200W. I think a new computer may be in my future.

Does anyone know how to do a clean uninstall from Xbox games pass for PC?

I just have the base version and after 50+ hours of trouble free gaming it has started crashing to desktop within minutes of launching, even from the title screen. Have reinstalled with no joy.

Does anyone know how to do a clean uninstall from Xbox games pass for PC?

I just have the base version and after 50+ hours of trouble free gaming it has started crashing to desktop within minutes of launching, even from the title screen. Have reinstalled with no joy.

Hello,

I recommend making a new thread in this forums section, providing the relevant information requested, and then someone will be along to help you.

Timaeus

• 1Like
Reactions:
I apologize in advance for posting here but I'm not sure where to look for help recently I installed new hardware on my PC then every time I try to start the game I get an error demijd disk the game keeps trying to update but after a few seconds it keeps pauses again if this is not the right place help please direct a bunch of the correct formula thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the spelling

I apologize in advance for posting here but I'm not sure where to look for help recently I installed new hardware on my PC then every time I try to start the game I get an error demijd disk the game keeps trying to update but after a few seconds it keeps pauses again if this is not the right place help please direct a bunch of the correct formula thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the spelling

Greetings Gredata.

Please create a thread in this forum section (by clicking the yellow "Report Bug" button" and providing the relevant requested information) and someone will be able to help you.

Timaeus