• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Edmon

TheEdmon on YouTube
34 Badges
Jul 11, 2014
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
This guide will help you to uninstall BattleTech cleanly if you have issues or have mods which have not uninstalled properly or have broken since v1.1. This method has been known to fix issues even if you've not modded (but have had issues since v1.1.).

One does not simply Right Click > Uninstall BattleTech.

Here is a video for making the regedit described below:

Note, you may also find data in the following location on windows 10:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\

[Moderator edit]
Please excuse me @Edmon for editing your post, but I wanted to get this information all in one place!

- another way of getting into AppData in Windows Explorer is to click on View up the top, and tick the box "view hidden items".

- a further measure has been seen to be needed to clear old modification and other game data in some cases. This should be done after the uninstall process Edmon describes, before installing again:
Open up RegEdit.exe, navigate to 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH'. Now delete the 'CachedSettings_h2706256392’ key
Note this too is potentially dangerous, ask for help if you are not confident in this!

- here are equivalent file system locations for GoG users:
The equivalent of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\USER_ID\637090\
is
C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\

The equivalent of
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\
is
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\BATTLETECH\

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\ is the same for Steam and GoG versions.

What the GoG equivalent for turning off Steam cloud sync is I do not know, I'm sorry. Hopefully GoG users do or can find that!
AndrewT

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
This would have helped me but when I get to the step for the final directory file to find, when I get to AppData, the HarebrainedSchemes folder isnt there, as in it doesnt exist. What do I do since it is not there?
You can see AppData itself though? Because that is a hidden folder, you need to enable viewing of hidden items in File Explorer to see it.

Hi my battletech tech crashed today so far i have tried validating the files uninstalling reinstalling validating the files again and i still can't start a new campaign anyone with any ideas?

when i try to start a new campaign the game just freezes on the loading screen

I think you must have missed steps as the mods are still loading there:
Data.DataManager [ERROR] ManifestEntry is null for [chassisdef_direwolf_HK] [ChassisDef] - resourceIds are case sensitive, so be sure to check that too

If the game has ever run on this computer, it really has to be there ... how bizarre! I have no explanation for that I am sorry.

This would have helped me but when I get to the step for the final directory file to find, when I get to AppData, the HarebrainedSchemes folder isnt there, as in it doesnt exist. What do I do since it is not there?

Please check \Appdata\*
*\locallow\
*\roaming\
*\local\

IT can be in any of these, depending on windows version and if you have roaming profiles enabled.

If it's in locallow, then that's the one you want to nuke :)

So is there any actual actions going on from company side? I mean this is utterly horrible stuff. Even from Paradox standards.

I mean I really love the games you guys do. I mean apart from ADOM, your stuff is pretty much only games I play. And the quality especially during first 6 months is just atrocious. And this is new low.

I mean I've had this for month or so. And it's been taking about 15 minutes, several steam&computer restarts and file syncs to get it running. And re-isntall takes 3 hours, so I don't want to do it on daily basis. And today I've tried to get it running for 30 minutes. I've been SW engineer for 16 years and this is worst I've stuff I've seen released ever.

GET. YOUR. SHIT. TOGETHER.

So is there any actual actions going on from company side?
Yes. If you looked through the forum, you would've seen a post just this week from them on the subject of bugfixes.

I mean I've had this for month or so. And it's been taking about 15 minutes, several steam&computer restarts and file syncs to get it running. And re-isntall takes 3 hours, so I don't want to do it on daily basis. And today I've tried to get it running for 30 minutes. I've been SW engineer for 16 years and this is worst I've stuff I've seen released ever.

GET. YOUR. SHIT. TOGETHER.

Cool. I've had the game for almost a year now. I regularly have it running for hours at a time without problems. Feel free to open a bug report with the appropriate files to provide additional data to HBS (the developer).

I hope you have a great day and hopefully the upcoming 1.5 release contains the bugfixes that help the game run well for you.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

A general reminder;

Modding the game is Not supported.

Save files from a game that is modded will not be compatible with vanilla.

To perform a clean install back to vanilla due to modding requires the detailed steps
listed in this very thread. A mere delete and re-download will not do.

Official game updates make no compatibility promises for Mods since modding is Not supported.
So when updating due to a new game patch mods must be reinjected as they were in a specific manner to get back up and running or risk breaking things. Mod authors may require time to update their mod to the new build an well. See the modding subforum for more info.

Rolling back to a previous official patch is possible.

However if one is indeed looking for actual support for non modding related instability and apposed to what this thread offers, ect one ought to post ones own thread in the support subforum with all of the requisite attached files so that support staff can actually see what is occurring and help.

Thank you.

Could you please help me (again)?

After clean uninstall procedure and following your guide (Installing Roguetech with FP & v1.4), I get this error code:

Uncaught ModTek exception!
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'BattleTech.Data.MetadataDatabase.WriteInMemoryDBToDisk'.
at ModTek.UI.ProgressPanel+ProgressBarLoadingBehavior+<RunWorkList>d__20.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I don't know what to do except deleting everything during the uninstall procedure, but this message keeps coming again and again! Getting RT running is such a pain in the back! :-(

Thank you in Advance!

Attachments

• ModTek.log
    1,4 MB · Views: 82
Modtek is broken temporarily.
The guys are on it and we should get a new modtek as soon as they can.