BATTLETECH - Game Causes BSOD (WHEA_ uncorrectable_error) during missions.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sock Muppet

Recruit
44 Badges
Nov 24, 2020
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
One line summary of your issue
Game Causes BSOD (WHEA_ uncorrectable_error) during missions.

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10 Pro

Which version of the game are you running?
1.9.1-686R

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Playing the campaign missions (at least) causes the game to crash the entire PC (BSOD) seemingly randomly. There seems to be no pattern I can discern other than the crashes occur during campaign missions. I've only played the game for 5 hours total and have experienced 5 crashes.

to the best of my ability, I have checked all my hardware for faults (burn spots, fans working, anything out of sockets, etc.) and cant find anything. HWMonitor shows that none of my components are over heating while playing the game and CPU, GPU and Memory aren't suffering any kind of issues. nothing is overclocked.

AS the game BSOD the is no crash file to attach.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Playing the game and just waited for the inevitable crash. happens as early as 10 minutes into playing.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    101,7 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    25,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4adbb760-0401-40c5-8d09-b68e165bf9f2.sav
    374,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This is certainly a driver or hardware fault:
Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 0x124_0_GenuineIntel_BANK0_MSCOD0003_MCACOD0005_PCC_UC_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen

I suspect memory, but you should get the machine checked out at a trusted computer shop.

Sorry that's happened to you!

Thank you for getting back to me.

Memory hey?

Is there anything specific you could glean from those attachments regarding that? Just that if I do take it in to the computer repairs people I'd like to know if i need to direct their attention to anything more specific than just memory.

I tried updating everything and running stress tests on my graphics card and processor and running memtest and it said everything was fine.

I've played games like Warhammer 2: Total war and Mount and blade 2: Bannerlord both of which require more from my computer than BattleTech and they run fine for long periods with no crashes, to desktop or BSOD.

PS. i did have a crash to desktop while testing BattleTech but I stupidly deleted the crash report by running ccleaner which deleted it, i don't know if that helps. Also I've attached updated versions of the previous files.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    105,7 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    28,6 KB · Views: 0
  • d9c7aadc-a55f-4244-a956-7f9aedd11bed.sav
    390,2 KB · Views: 0
I can't tell what hardware is faulty from game log files or a dxdiag, I'm sorry! Memory was just a guess from what I read online, such as in that link I posted before. Other candidates (in rough order of probability, IME) would be CPU, motherboard, GPU, or PSU. An experience computer repair technician would know more certainly from that BSOD message, I'd expect.

It's not impossible it is some driver but I think that's fairly unlikely.

I can't tell what hardware is faulty from game log files or a dxdiag, I'm sorry! Memory was just a guess from what I read online, such as in that link I posted before. Other candidates (in rough order of probability, IME) would be CPU, motherboard, GPU, or PSU. An experience computer repair technician would know more certainly from that BSOD message, I'd expect.

It's not impossible it is some driver but I think that's fairly unlikely.

Hey thanks for putting up with me,

One last thing though along a different thread.

I completely wiped my PC and re-installed windows. You See The BSOD's started happening outside of BattleTech so... yeah something was wrong on my end.

The BSOD's are no longer happening now, BUT BattleTech still crashes to screen after a while (30-45 minutes).
So finally I have a real Output log for you, one with an actual crash report and a Dxdiag.

PS. I'm fairly sure the BSOD's weren't related to BattleTech, possibly exacerbated by it, but not caused. I'm thinking this might be something different.

EDIT:

Okay So It blue screened again. This time on a fresh install with nothing else but steam and battletech on the PC. Im gonna have to take it to someone.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    103,5 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    122,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yep, sorry that's happened to you!

One further thing I'll mention is those 2070 GPUs have had a bit of a troubled history, hardware-wise. Especially if that was an early purchase in the production run, your tech might want to start there first.

Good luck!