• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
24OCT UPDATE: Paradox is helping us get the word out about our BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights! See you there!

fridaynightfights.jpg

FNF tweets.png

13SEP UPDATE
: You are each cordially invited to our Third BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights (FNF) starting tonight at midnight (EDT.). Feel free to drop by and join us on the FNF Channel on the BATTLETECH Unofficial Discord Server.

This week we will release an update version of the Unofficial HBS BATTLETECH Tournament Leaderboard. This Leaderboard will be joined by a "Top 50" Leaderboard for the Inner Sphere Wars BATTLETECH League. As well as a "Top 100" BATTLETECH Multiplayer Leaderboard that is a combination of both the Tournament and League Leaderboards.

This week also saw the conclusion of Valhalla's Tournament of Champions. A physical prize will be awarded to the Tournament Champion.

See you there!

09SEP UPDATE
: This past Friday's iteration of BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights again surpassed my expectations. I will again be hosting our Third BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights this coming Friday.

Thank you to all this who dropped by our DISCORD channel, dropped into a BATTLETECH Lobby Match, or checked out our BATTLETECH Lance Commander Academy. The Academy ciriculeum will again include the following on Friday:

BATTLETECH 101 Lance Composition ~ explore tailoring a Lance to a desired play style
BATTLETECH 201 The BATTLETECH Stability System and YOU ~ mitigate against being Knocked Down, and explore tactics to Knock Down your opponent
BATTLETECH 301 Jump Cavalry: Fire and Mobility ~ BATTLETECH's TacSIM breaths Big and Stompy Life into Cavalry Tactics. Explore whether "Jump and Gun" is for you.
BATTLETECH 401 FULL UP COMPETITIVE GAME but with Talk-Through ~ we play an actual 20m Stock Match, but I'll freely provide an in-game running commentary and discussion of my Intentions, Tactics, Schemes of Maneuver and Combat Choices.

Any questions or comments are welcome in the thread below or via PM.

And as ever, good luck and good gaming.

05SEP UPDATE
: The following embodies my hopes for this Friday's iteration of BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights:

Rulz of Friday Night Fights (FNF)
1.) Any and all Paradox or HBS VIPs are Guests and are to be accorded every courtesy. FNF is not a Q&A. FNF is not a townhall. PLEASE, NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE GAME. FNF is where we ALL come together in fellowship and camaraderie to enjoy BATTLETECH gameplay. Help any Paradox or HBS VIPs feel at home in our Community. Guests who feel at home are more likely to stay a bit later, return for a future Event or even tell their friends they might like to drop by too.
2.) Please treat everyone with respect. Our's is a Respectful Community.
3.) Please be responsible for your actions and words. Our's is a Responsible Community.
4.) Please be welcoming and considerate of others. Our's is a Welcoming and Considerate Community.
5.) Have fun and be kind to one another! BATTLETECH is a game, enjoy it and have FUN.

It is my hope that everyone abides by these RULZ. But since "hope" is not a method, I and select others will have DISCORD Moderation Permissions to help enforce these Rules.

Any questions or comments are welcome in the thread below or via PM.

And as ever, good luck and good gaming. See you Friday Night!

27AUG ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS:

PREFACE
: I began BATTLETECH as a Single Player gamer.
The Solo-Campaign and Skirmish Mode held me enthralled. Then later I joined our Multiplayer Community, and now enjoy both BATTLETECH's Single and Multi-player Game. With what is described below, I would like to offer you this same opportunity with the best possible chance possible of finding a fun match. Currently it can be difficult finding open matches in the BATTLETECH Lobby. It is my hope that this proposed focus on Friday Nights will assist gamers in finding better BATTLETECH gaming opportunities. :bow:

BOTTOM LINE UPFRONT: I would like to see our BATTLETECH Community (Single-players and Multi-players) come together on Friday Nights and share in some friendly Big and Stompy BATTLETECH gaming. But no one time would work for us all spread across the world as we are. So I propose that we look to our own Friday Nights and as we can, come together and enjoy BATTLETECH.

harebrained_mission_by_spooky777-dcb92a1.jpg

(*my ever-appreciative thanks to @SpOoKy777 for the above Work of MechArt / DeviantArt / Patreon)

PROCESS: Currently we have 296 BATTLETECH gamers in our Paradox BATTLETECH Group and we have upwards of 244 BATTLETECH gamers in our World-class DISCORD BATTLETECH Community. Understandably, many BATTLETECH gamers have membership in both groups.

I would like to leverage both organizations and offer all BATTLETECH gamers something new ~ "BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights." I'll post Friday Night Fight Announcements to the Paradox BATTLETECH Group Calendar and send notifications through the Paradox BATTLETECH Group Alerts and Email Chains. Our HBS BATTLETECH Unofficial DISCORD Community has already set up a BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights DISCORD Channel for us to use on Fridays to meet, greet and organize matches.

BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights will be held in the spirit Harebrained Schemes made possible for us... friendly matches.

I am not organizing a tournament here or a league, I am working toward identifying Friday as a time when BATTLETECH gamers know they can come together and game in all of BATTLETECH's Big and Stompy glory!

Friday Night first settles into place for our fellow Oceanic BATTLETECH gamers, so I suggest beginning 6:00pm (GMT+10 or thereabouts) so Friday Night our Oceanic Gamers kick off some BATTLETECH gaming that will roll across the globe bringing Big and Stompy goodness to one and ALL. I'll be dropping into our BATTLETECH Game Lobby through out the day on Friday 31 August, starting with Oceanic's "Friday Night," then making it a point to come back during the Asian, Euro and Americas "Friday Nights" as well.

If you have not yet checked out BATTLETECH Multi-player, these "BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights" will offer you the chance to do this that, hopefully with the greatest chance of finding the best, most enjoyable Multiplayer Game possible. As you meet and greet fellow gamers on the DISCORD Channel it is my hope you'll find like-minded and like-skilled gamers with whom you may see again on future BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights.

If you have not checked out BATTLETECH Multi-player lately, hopefully this gives you good reason to do so once again.

It'll not be ideal and it won't work for everyone, but if just a handful of gamers find a fun match even just a bit quicker, I'll judge this effort a success. : )

If you have any questions or comments, please include them below.

And as ever, good luck and good BATTLETECH gaming!

Last edited:
First: good initiative! I will try to join sometime, but most Fridays I'm out xD

And second: is this map part of the game and I've never noticed the HBS logo?? (I guess it's promotional or fan-made material, but it nevers hurts to ask.)

First: good initiative! I will try to join sometime, but most Fridays I'm out xD

And second: is this map part of the game and I've never noticed the HBS logo?? (I guess it's promotional or fan-made material, but it nevers hurts to ask.)
There are many Biomes and Maps in BATTLETECH, but the above Work of MechArt is not one of them.

This pic is a true and original work of Art from @SpOoKy777. It is not a screen capture from the game itself. Though @HBS_CaptKerberos Is always on the look out for BATTLETECH Biome and Terrain ideas... so who knows! : )

If you look closely at the above Work of MechArt you'll notice that the Lance advancing into Battle is BATTLETECH's Solo-Campaign Starter Lance ~ the Blackjack, Shadow Hawk, Vindicator and Locust (of course some prefer the Spider, but the Locust "Portia" has always been a particular favorite of mine.) No doubt this choice of subject contributed toward the above pic being mistaken for an actual BATTLETECH Biome/Map/Screen Capture.

Any time you can jump in the BATTLETECH Lobby and catch a match, it will be appreciated. Our's is a Great Community and fast approaching our first game expansion. The future surely is bright!

Great idea! I look forward to destroying each other
And thank you Good Sir for your assistance in setting up a DISCORD Channel for us. The ability to drop on in to our very own BATTLETECH DISCORD Community, Meet, Greet one another and then Launch on into a BATTLETECH Match is the absolute Heart of what I have planned here. Thank you for all your efforts on behalf of that DISCORD Community.

We'll see how much of all this comes to fruition, but I'll be looking for an even dozen Matches myself throughout the entire day/night on Friday. And I'll be playing in different Modes during my dozen Matches on Friday. Full Up Compettive if my opponent wants to test their mettle against the best I can bring, or straight up BATTLETECH Lance Commander Academy where neither of us will win, but I'll do my best during a half hour of gameplay to impart every trick and tip that I can.

It is my dearest hope that more gamers take me up on the later than the former. Working toward a more informed player base having more FUN, more often is about the best BATTLETECH Community Goal that I can think of at the moment.

So just like the song "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere," this Friday will see it always being BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights Somewhere! With at least myself in our DISCORD Channel looking to set up matches in the BATTLETECH Lobby for a dozen BATTLETECH matches, I hope you'll join me.

A dozen matches.... I had better lay in a supply of Red Bull now! : )

Last edited:
As sad as I am that I have YET to play a MP match since release, I'd love to partake.
I always run into the problem of an ever changing work schedule, and I can't remember the last time my day (single) off was a Friday. I usually end up with a Tuesday or Thursday off, and I always work weekends.

As sad as I am that I have YET to play a MP match since release, I'd love to partake.
I always run into the problem of an ever changing work schedule, and I can't remember the last time my day (single) off was a Friday. I usually end up with a Tuesday or Thursday off, and I always work weekends.
Just send me a PM letting me know when you have some time to game in the next week or two and I'll do my best to link up with you and we can have a friendly match.

Better yet, maybe you'll like to spend a half hour testing out some aspects of the BATTLETECH Lance Commander Academy I mention above. : )

I am putting together a stand-alone thread for later today/tomorrow, on the BATTLETECH Lance Commander Academy that hope to run some iterations off on Friday night.

Just let me know, and as ever good luck and good gaming! :bow:

@KhazadDhum , I'm not as veteran as @Prussian Havoc but if at some point, not necessary Friday (starting next week, this one kind of impossible for me) want to try a match, you can tell me too. In case time zones between you too makes it too complicated ;)

For me, usually the problem is the Comstar disconnections... :S

Well my schedule literally changes every week, and even the schedule I'm given is subject to change. For example today is my day off, and I've already been called 3 times to see if I can come in on my one day off this week to work another extra shift. I'm already working 6 days a week, and have been for the last several months. The day before yesterday I was scheduled to work one location, and that got changed to another location several hours earlier than expected.
Just how things work at my company I'm afraid, so any "plans" I make tend to get put on the wayside extremely often. I also can only "plan" one week in advance....ish. I get my schedule for the next week on every Friday, and it'll usually change at least once or twice by Monday.
Making plans for anything is pretty much a waste of time for me I'm afraid. I had to tell them all my uniforms are in the wash, and then they still called me twice to come in.

Nicely done PH

I encourage all to make out to the inaugural Friday Night Fight!

See you on the field!!!
Yes indeed! One and ALL should feel free to drop on into the FNF DISCORD Channel, say "Hi!" and drop on in to a Big and Stompy match. : )

Upon closer inspection of the TimeandDate.com's World Clock it appears that "Friday Night" will begin in Kiritimati, Christmas Island, Kiribati, in just under 12-hours.

So it is officially T-minus 12 Hours until our inaugural BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights kicks off! : )

In other words, beginning in just under 12-hours it'll be the 6:00pm start to Friday Night somewhere in the world for the next 26-hours... yes 26-hours. You, see the International Date Line is not actually a line, it cuts through wide swaths of the Pacific.

For the purposes of this event Friday Night lasts 6-hours from 6:00pm to Midnight.

So effectively this event will run from 6:00pm Local Fridat night in Kiritimati to Friday Night at Midnight in Baker Island. For a total event duration of 32-hours.

Yes, BATTLETECH Friday Night Fights are just as inclusive as I can make it! :bow:

Last edited:
Ugh, that goes right while I'm getting off work until the time I wake up tomorrow. I could possibly stay up later, but it's going to be a stretch.
If I understand it correctly it is now 12:11 pm so that would have put the 12 hour countdown at 11am for me, and I get out of work tonight around 10:30pm....half hour or so to get back. Actually I might be able to participate near the start if my math is correct, and if we get out on time, and if traffic permits. Lot of "ifs", but I'll try to be online.

Here's a good question that no one has addressed yet that I am aware of...….version mismatch.
I am not running the beta 1.2 patch yet, will it be possible to play against someone with that version with only the live 1.2 (without the skill tree fixes)?
I think that would help a ton to figure that part out in advance, or if we should all try to update to the beta.

Ugh, that goes right while I'm getting off work until the time I wake up tomorrow. I could possibly stay up later, but it's going to be a stretch.
If I understand it correctly it is now 12:11 pm so that would have put the 12 hour countdown at 11am for me, and I get out of work tonight around 10:30pm....half hour or so to get back. Actually I might be able to participate near the start if my math is correct, and if we get out on time, and if traffic permits. Lot of "ifs", but I'll try to be online.
That would be awesome!

And while the more the merrier as we kick it off, the whole point is that we'll be rolling this Big and Stompy BATTLETECH Party through EVERY timezone and EVERYONE's Fright Night! : )