• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time Zone Standard__________Time Daylight Time
Pacific Time Zone PST (UTC−08:00)_____PDT (UTC−07:00)
Mountain Time Zone MST (UTC−07:00)_MDT (UTC−06:00)
Central Time Zone CST (UTC−06:00)____CDT (UTC−05:00)
Eastern Time Zone EST (UTC−05:00)____EDT (UTC−04:00)​
The US is currently on Standard Time (as of the 4th of November).

see thats what i thought and why i am confused.
last live stream was some time as this one today.
and when i got on it just before noon eastern it was just winding up having started at 11 eastern, 8 pacific.

so just want a confirmation that this one is REALLY gonna be on at noon eastern.

see thats what i thought and why i am confused.
last live stream was some time as this one today.
and when i got on it just before noon eastern it was just winding up having started at 11 eastern, 8 pacific.

so just want a confirmation that this one is REALLY gonna be on at noon eastern.
The last time they forgot that we had just switched from Daylight Saving to Standard Time.
It really will be 12pm Eastern 9am Pacific!

I'd really love to hear this from Mitch ... "...oh, we did the Hatchyman just to make Hatchy happy - mission completed." :p

Hell, it would make me feel better because I can't help but call the HatchETman a "Hatchy". "Okay, I'm going to take the Hatchy over here." "Let's see if the Hatchy can use its hatchet in this melee attack." ...

QUESTION: Tell the truth now, was the Hatchetman a method to appease Hatchy?

Excited about expansion and Flashpoints, though a bit confused. I’ve completed the current campaign and am pleased with the lance I’ve assembled as well as my bank account. Will all that be lost with Flashpoint and the upgrade and will I have to start from scratch? I had half hoped I would be able to continue playing with my established lance in Career Mode and through the Flashpoints. But the more I try and read, the less I think this is likely. Instead I am getting the understanding that I’ll be forced to start all over if I want to do career mode. What’s up and what’s down?

Thanks

Although I have not installed or tried it, the mod RougeTech adds a lot of things I would enjoy in the game. Is there a chance that BATTLETECH will move more in that direction? (A bigger sandbox, MORE mechs, MORE equipment,

Release 1.3 opens up the "sandbox" with it's Career mode & I am really looking forward to that! And more of all things that were in TT Battletech would be awesome.

BTW, THANK YOU to all involved. I have & continue to enjoy this game.

Excited about expansion and Flashpoints, though a bit confused. I’ve completed the current campaign and am pleased with the lance I’ve assembled as well as my bank account. Will all that be lost with Flashpoint and the upgrade and will I have to start from scratch? I had half hoped I would be able to continue playing with my established lance in Career Mode and through the Flashpoints. But the more I try and read, the less I think this is likely. Instead I am getting the understanding that I’ll be forced to start all over if I want to do career mode. What’s up and what’s down?

Thanks
Career Mode requires a fresh start.
You can continue playing with new Flashpoints appearing from the end of the Campaign with your current bank and mech bay.

Career Mode requires a fresh start.
You can continue playing with new Flashpoints appearing from the end of the Campaign with your current bank and mech bay.

Thanks so much for replying! What of expanded star map? I seem to get that career mode takes place throughout the inner sphere, if I don’t do career mode, will i also have access to any enlarged playing field?

Thanks so much for replying! What of expanded star map? I seem to get that career mode takes place throughout the inner sphere, if I don’t do career mode, will i also have access to any enlarged playing field?

Career Mode will have the same star map as the Campaign Mode, just fully unlocked from the start.

@0:58

Awesome stream as always.

The one thing I learned...Allying yourself with the Capellans means almost everyone will hate you lol. :D

That and, Black Market/Factions stores are pretty sweet.

Again... quick notes... this was typed out live... all mistakes are mine but here are the points...

Faction enemies/allies are fixed... the enemies or allies of a Faction will not change.

Black Market Stores
Join black market
Price varies based on reputation
You can't just show up - you have to be approached - you have to pay for access it is random
Totally random but mostly rare high end stuff not a lot of ammo or heatsinks

Alliances
Reputation must be 100 to ally
Rep changes are permanent. Immediate loss of Faction rep that must be built back up again
Faction Stores are rare

Steiner stores are in Davion space (kind of embassy outpost thing)
Kurita store is on a Pirate planet
Kurita and Steiner are hard to become allies with because they are rare.

Flashpoints build up slowly to around 5 or so available at any time on average.

Faction Stores
Mechs and Weapon Manufacturers are associated with Factions. Loose association but not Canon Locked and fixed.

Store system are more predictable less random in general

Time passage change finishing missions no longer advances the clock one day.

FLASHPOINT are a deck as long as not finished it will go back into the deck. Finish a Flashpoint it will completely go away.

When a Flashpoint expires it will return

How common are the new Mechs? Not very common. Not rare but not common because there are many other mechs available. If you own FLASHPOINT they will appear in stores, normal missions, FLASHPOINTS.

Question and Answer
Download size: Unknown

Flashpoint Editor
No Map Editor still Unity side

Kiva wrote all of the Alliance Flashpoints

FLASHPOINTS are easy to assemble.

Major Factions, and other characters (some we know) will give FLASHPOINTS

Morale ambiguity is more heightened in FLASHPOINTS. Decisions are can be tactical or Morale.

Prussian Havoc... no completely brand new mech.

No difficulty ramp up... difficulty is static in Career Mode. Each system has a fixed difficulty. Took each of the starting locations.
Made a path of least resistance on the map to be able to move around to areas with lower/higher difficulty.

Random starting pilots in early twitch demo was wide. It has been narrowed down considerably. Appears to 3/3/3/3 plus a slightly better Player Character.

Flashpoints will recur IF you don't finish them.

FLASHPOINTS can be completely random. What is shipping is ALL hand built. If there is one enemy in a special mech then it will occur.

BIOME and MAP can be specified... along with Mission detail.

Urban Warfare will contain FLASHPOINTS.

Future content will contain FLASHPOINTS

No other variants of Mechs will be released in FLASHPOINTS

Starting with Argo because ALL the game systems are tuned around the Argo System. Fun trumps fiction!

FLASHPOINTs System allegiances are FIXED. No

Game doesn't stop at 1200 days.

FLASHPOINTS do not get recycled. Once complete... they will not recur.

LOcalization: It is coming! The Beta of German, French, and Russian. Targeting around 1.3 release. Might need to be staggered.

Infantry... maybe... in the future... anything can happen in the future. Again, we have considered everything.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
WorldTimeBuddy.png

If FLASHPOINTS do not reoccur after completion, how big is the pool of flashpoints? If you don't want to give an exact number, in general I assume that it will be large enough to keep interest until more are released?

If FLASHPOINTS do not reoccur after completion, how big is the pool of flashpoints? If you don't want to give an exact number, in general I assume that it will be large enough to keep interest until more are released?
Back-of-the-napkin math:
30 hours of content advertised.
30 minute mission average
3 mission average flashpoint (guesstimate)
= 20 flashpoints

You can fiddle with the numbers to see what you come up with (e.g. 45-minute mission average + 2-mission flashpoint average = 20 flashpoints, 20-min missions + 3 mission average = 30 flashpoints, etc).

Missed The Stream. Didn't say anything on account of contracts with a limit on the tonnage?

No, but the flashpoint showed off at one point last month I think would have been real hard to do with 4 Atlases or 4 King Crabs. Maybe 4 Highlanders, but that's rough and you'll probably lose one.

Back-of-the-napkin math:
30 hours of content advertised.
30 minute mission average
3 mission average flashpoint (guesstimate)
= 20 flashpoints

You can fiddle with the numbers to see what you come up with (e.g. 45-minute mission average + 2-mission flashpoint average = 20 flashpoints, 20-min missions + 3 mission average = 30 flashpoints, etc).

I'm a network engineer, not a mathematician.