• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two questions:

1. As part of the backer beta, should I delete the backer beta from my steam library prior to game launch day? or will this not be an issue?

2. I still don't have my battletech avatars, what do I have to do to get them? I've already backed this game to the tune of $100USD (nevermind, they finally showed up)
I use Steam too.
And I am leaving my Backer Beta game tight where it is in my Steam Library. : )
As I understand it at Launch, our BATTLETECH game keys will unlock an entire new game that will then be added to our Steam Libraries.

To get access to your BATTLETECH Avatars have you tried syncing your Steam account?

Or do you mean the newly released Avatars?

Last edited:
I use Steam too.
And I am leaving my Backer Beta game tight where it is in my Steam Library. : )
As I understand it at Launch, our BATTLETECH game keys will unlock an entire new game that will then be added to our Steam Libraries.

To get access to your BATTLETECH Avatars have you tried syncing your Steam account?

Or do you mean the newly released Avatars?

The forum avatars showed up, so that part has been resolved.

As to the beta install, i've seen before where beta users have had issues getting games to install and perform properly if they haven't deleted beta installs etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was going to be an issue or not. Guess we'll find out in 4 days :)

I loved the 1988's Battletech,

Is there going to be a something like that game's starport "arena" in the single player story? basically somewhere to fight for cash

also, are there some elements of RGP in game? I think the original went too far with things like human weapons/ armor. but some RPG elements or bars, cities, etc can quite enrich the game

I loved the 1988's Battletech,

Is there going to be a something like that game's starport "arena" in the single player story? basically somewhere to fight for cash

also, are there some elements of RGP in game? I think the original went too far with things like human weapons/ armor. but some RPG elements or bars, cities, etc can quite enrich the game
There will be a Mercenary Command SIM as part and parcel of the BATTLETECH Solo-Campaign. : )

The picking and choosing of Mercenary Contracts, the negotiating for contract terms, charting a course for our Dropship, and working through the wrinkles and immersive nuances of BATTLETECH's Event System will ALL breath Big and Stompy Life into our gameplay. :bow:

The "Solaris 7 Arena" portion of BATTLETECH's Multiplayer Mode will not be in BATTLETECH at Launch. Though HBS does hope to continue BATTLETECH's development post-Launch so who knows what heights of BATTLETECH development yet await us in the future. : )

I remember on the original Mechwarrior (talkin 286/386 processor days) first thing I would do was sell all my mechs then buy passage to Solaris just so you could get excellent meds and heavies for cheapie cheap.

A Solaris 7 arena setting would be fun to visit whenever one needed quick cash

*edit* Forgot to add. BACKERS! CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS I already have my new key and it worked on Steam perfectly, just gotta wait for the embargo to lift but I'm already ready for preloading tomorrow.

Apparently Steam is the only Pre-load, GOG and Humble you will have to wait till the 24th.

Don't care really tho.. my trigger finger is itchin like mad!

And the best part? It goes live 2 days before my birthday. Seriously couldn't ask for a greater gift lol

thanks a lot, I just bought it... I really hope it is well balanced, both money and tactical combat wise
I mean, we don't end filthy rich after a few hours game play
and that we don't end just using heavy/ assault mechs for every mission

Hello, I am pretty new to online gaming, but have been playing CBT for 20+ years.
I have a Mac and purchased the digital Battletech package, I just noticed that the Digital package does not support Mac and Paradox Launcher doesn't support Mac yet.
What to do next, I already have my Key and can't download it

I knew Linux wasn't going to be supported until 2-3 months after launch, don't remember seeing anything about Mac though. Additionally, only Steam pre-orders can pre-load, everyone else has to wait till tomorrow (not sure how this will be for Euro gamers since timezones, i'll let Paradox answer that one)

So I guess I would say wait till tomorrow and see what's up? You can also probably shoot an email to Harebrained Schemes and see what they have to say about it)

Scratch that, I just looked on Steam, Mac is definitely supported at launch (not sure where you're getting the information saying it isn't.) Game will not unlock for play for another 17 hours.

*edit* Here are the Mac system requirements, as seen on the steam store page (you have to click the mac tab at the sys req part at the bottom, it's default pc info)

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 775M (2 GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Multiplayer is compatible between Windows and Mac versions.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ Pro 580 (8 GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Multiplayer is compatible between Windows and Mac versions.

Why is a turn-based strategy game so resource-intensive? Why are the minimum requirements for Macs higher than for PCs, despite Macs generally having less VRAM as a rule?

Why is a turn-based strategy game so resource-intensive? Why are the minimum requirements for Macs higher than for PCs, despite Macs generally having less VRAM as a rule?

I don't think the requirements are that much higher for Macs compared to Windows. They both require (minimum) 8GB of RAM. The graphics requirements aren't that dissimilar either. You're looking at 1GB graphics card for Windows vs 2GB _mobile_ graphics card for Mac. The CPU may just be tied to the OS version and what is available. Also, I sincerely doubt that the Mac requirements take Hackintosh configurations into account and are likely based on what configurations are available from Apple.

I'm going to _try_ running BattleTech on my mid-2012 MBP. The only non-conforming aspect is the graphics card where I have a 650M with 1GB and an Intel HD 4000 with 1.5GB. Everything else on my MBP is above the minimum spec. I also have a Windows laptop that exceeds the recommended specs for Windows (because way back when I realized that gaming on my work laptop would be sub-optimal)...

No one should take Hackintosh configurations into account because they are unsupported third party boxes that Apple could decide to brick with any update.

2GB of graphics memory has been a top-of the line MBP feature until very recently. I also have a mid-2012 MBP with 1GB and am disappointed that I will have to play in my PC partition rather than on the same hardware in the Mac OS. Especially since I have no issues running other turn-based strategy games with all of the graphics options on. It seems extreme and poorly-optimized for the genre.

No one should take Hackintosh configurations into account because they are unsupported third party boxes that Apple could decide to brick with any update.

2GB of graphics memory has been a top-of the line MBP feature until very recently. I also have a mid-2012 MBP with 1GB and am disappointed that I will have to play in my PC partition rather than on the same hardware in the Mac OS. Especially since I have no issues running other turn-based strategy games with all of the graphics options on. It seems extreme and poorly-optimized for the genre.

Like I said, I'm going to try and run it on my MBP. The Backer Beta ran on my MBP, albeit slowly. It could also be an artifact of the game engine implementation and, as such, out of the hands of HBS.

First. check your drivers, make sure they're up to date.
Second. sorry, can't help with Ultra Wide, try a little patience.
Third. Game works fine for me bruh, not a single problem at all, working as intended and looks gorgeous.
[Mod Edit: Disrespect]

I was not aware there would be a Linux version, and thus, I have been avoiding all posts on Battletech (I don't even know why I checked this FAQ). This changes everything. I'll now need to have a look at it, and possibly get it once Linux support is added, as it seems a nice setting at least. Maybe add the info somewhere on a post on the first page, I might not be the only one to be surprised.

Linux was included in the kickstarter as a platform (not a stretch goal), I backed it on kickstarter because of this and the fact that HBS had produced a number of good Linux titles in the Shadowrun series already.

I have to admit though I am chomping at the bit to play this; trying my best to avoid any and all spoilers on youtube so I can play the story myself when it comes to Linux, hopefully closer to 2 months than 3 :)

If they want any help Beta testing a Linux client I will jump at it :D

I tried playing some last night I have had 2 crashes( but that planned for since release day) I preordered ( though steam ) and i have not seen the shadowhawk stuff yet I am only p[laying lightly on the single player side at this time. )

Does anyone happen to know how our wallpaper is delivered to someone who pre-ordered (non deluxe) but is not a backer? It says delivered at launch but I haven't received any information about it. I have gotten the Shadow Hawk skin however, so I do know that portion is accounted for.

Someone left the Marauder off the list of mechs in the game.
;___;

Does anyone happen to know how our wallpaper is delivered to someone who pre-ordered (non deluxe) but is not a backer? It says delivered at launch but I haven't received any information about it. I have gotten the Shadow Hawk skin however, so I do know that portion is accounted for.

From what I understand, it should be in the game's directory; have you tried looking in there?

can I shift from playing on my Mac, to playing on PC without buying game again?

Good question and something I've been wondering, if nobody answers before I get a chance to try I'll let you know.

Someone left the Marauder off the list of mechs in the game.
;___;

It wasn't deliberate. Well it was, but it wasn't done out of spite. Once the lawsuit against PGI has been settled we will know one way or another if the unseen will return.