• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sharazad

Corporal
20 Badges
Apr 16, 2017
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
One line summary of your issue
Crew chatter bug on Surround sound

What platform are you running the game on?

Steam

What operating system do you use?
Win 10
What version are you running?
1.2.1-345

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The Background Crew chatter in the Argo / Leopard does NOT play unless you are using "Stereo" setting on your PC's default Sound settings.

You get a Comm-Bleep then Silence, then a Comm-Bleep

Steps to reproduce the issue
Enable Surround Sound on your PC, Quadrophonic, 5.1 etc Wait for Background chatter, Or Leave a System

(The main way to see if this works, is the Docking speech wont play. As mentioned you'll get a Comm-bleep, silence then comm-bleep.)

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info (Mac)

Attach Output Log
Windows:
Mac OS:
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

Attach Crash Log

Attach save file

Attach screenshot / video

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    75,7 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Yep, still the same bug, still no fix :-(

And still no reaction from the devs.....,

This is a really annoying bug and I hope it will get fixed.

See ? This bug report is just being ignored....

There's rarely an immediate response to bug reports unless more information is needed or there's an existing workaround.
I don't want an immediate reply, but some reply about progress on this bug would be great. Surely this bug can't be that hard to track down..

I don't want an immediate reply, but some reply about progress on this bug would be great. Surely this bug can't be that hard to track down..
That's what I meant. There's almost never a response like that. There's usually nothing said until it gets patched.

More communication would be awesome, but that's just not how they've handled bugs since launch.

After I restarted a mission that ended badly for me, i no longer have mechwarrior chatter or even some of the voice overs. I even think that the sound effects are missing in a few, normally heard, times.

200+ hours in the game & this is the first time that a problem was not resolved by simply restarting the game or even my computer.

After I restarted a mission that ended badly for me, i no longer have mechwarrior chatter or even some of the voice overs. I even think that the sound effects are missing in a few, normally heard, times.

200+ hours in the game & this is the first time that a problem was not resolved by simply restarting the game or even my computer.
Are you running sound in a configuration other than default stereo (like surround sound as mention in the OP)? If not this would be a different issue, and probably deserves its own thread.

Are you running sound in a configuration other than default stereo (like surround sound as mention in the OP)? If not this would be a different issue, and probably deserves its own thread.

Everything is in its default config as it has been since I started playing the game. I will move this conversation to a new thread as you suggest.

Well, perhaps my situation falls under the category of "operator malfunction." :(

As I began following the forums video about the complicated uninstall of BT, I discovered that my Logitech 5.1 speaker system had the "matrix" mode engaged on the volume controller.
upload_2019-1-20_15-43-21.png

This mode is meant to "create 5.1 surround sound from 2 channel sources." When engaged, the "matrix" mode shuts down or shuts out all mechwarrior chatter.

While in game, I played with this mode and noted that chatter was restored when the mode was off.

For three damn days I have researched & messed with this problem only solve it with the touch of a button...literally. *oh the shame*

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-20_15-41-31.png
    upload_2019-1-20_15-41-31.png
    515,9 KB · Views: 17
Nice for you. Problem is, this is the only game where I have this problem. All other games work fine with my 5.1 setup.