• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arsat

Recruit
51 Badges
Oct 21, 2018
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Majesty 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Ancient Space
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • War of the Roses
One line summary of your issue
Coronation Day Bug

What platform are you running the game on?
GoG

What operating system do you use?
Win 10 Pro

Which version of the game are you running?
current

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Shadowhawk Pack, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
for me the game hangs in the coronation day loading screen. Always.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
With me it has now helped from German back to English to put... whether that now helps forever and THE problem is I do not know.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Upvote 0
You may as well update that nVidia driver to late Feb 2023

If that doesn't help, please attach the game log file taken just after this problem next happens, thanks.

The latest graphics card driver is installed.

in general, you will probably always find loading problems with google at the mission

I have inserted the log... Just please reload the game completely new in german and the error should come then.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    119,1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The errors in that log don't appear to relate to the player language setting. Are you saying all players using German in the game get this problem?

I can reproduce the error 100%.

If I play in English, the first tutorial mission starts.
If I play in German, I am stuck in the Coronation Day loading screen.

I have tried this 4 times now.
As I said, if I can reproduce the error 100%, then please do not just go by the logs ... Just go into the game, start over in German and see for yourself if it works or not.

Possl it is also a bug with GoG Galaxy and in Steam it runs.
To do this, you would just have to try it...

I started up my Steam game in German to test this. After clicking through character creation when starting a new campaign, The mission loaded. It did pause longer than expected on the black screen with white text that said something like the Arano Palace ... 8:53AM but after I left it for a minute or two, I was then brought to the loading screen and could start the mission. The tutorial mission played through fine. The title screen with Cordia City and the 13:22 timestamp appeared, and also faded out very slowly, in about 60 seconds. But then the next mission loaded. I didn't play through it, but I do wonder if your issue is isolated to the GoG version. Or maybe you're not waiting long enough for the title screens to fade out?

Last edited:
I think I should write about this first... I have been an established tester since 1999... that's why I tried to reproduce the error right away.
Yes Coronation Day Arano summer palace 8:53 is exactly the screen where it hangs in German.

No in english the first tutorial mission is loaded immediately. In German I waited a good 10 minutes without anything happening (twice!) and the game is not frozen in time. The task manager has clearly indicated that it is still running

Then it seems to affect only Gog, but again that would not be my problem as a user.

Since would probably be necessary for you a Key for Gog... Ask boss... because somehow you have to test that as confirmation.

PS : I have on Gog all DLCs... should not normally be the problem, but I'd rather say it right away.

Edit : or should I just send you the german translation files ? Because such an error could also come from a wrong symbol in the text... No idea how far GoG intervenes in the translation or whether Steam and Gog translation files are the same... A ! (as an example) in the wrong place can also lead to an error.

Attachments

• strings_de-DE.csv
    5,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for testing and providing additional feedback. I do not have a GoG key for Battletech and cannot get one. Perhaps someone else that plays through GoG would be able to replicate the problem, but even if that were true, that still wouldn't help you progress. I'm glad you have a workaround of using English during the tutorial, at least.

This is of little help to me now and I also bought the game to play it in German.

As a moderator you are part of the support... the question is now problem roll off on GoG or has your mail support been given more options to help?

PS : That you unfortunately do not have more ways to help is just a pity... I like people who make an effort and that you are apparently

Last edited:
FYI development for this game ceased more than 3 years ago, so if this is a game bug I'm afraid it cannot be fixed. I rather doubt GoG can fix it either as they are not responsible for the game itself, just their Galaxy client.

That said it seems weird this has taken over 3 years to surface!

I think I should write about this first... I have been an established tester since 1999... that's why I tried to reproduce the error right away.
Yes Coronation Day Arano summer palace 8:53 is exactly the screen where it hangs in German.

No in english the first tutorial mission is loaded immediately. In German I waited a good 10 minutes without anything happening (twice!) and the game is not frozen in time. The task manager has clearly indicated that it is still running

Then it seems to affect only Gog, but again that would not be my problem as a user.

Since would probably be necessary for you a Key for Gog... Ask boss... because somehow you have to test that as confirmation.

PS : I have on Gog all DLCs... should not normally be the problem, but I'd rather say it right away.

Edit : or should I just send you the german translation files ? Because such an error could also come from a wrong symbol in the text... No idea how far GoG intervenes in the translation or whether Steam and Gog translation files are the same... A ! (as an example) in the wrong place can also lead to an error.
I can confirm this SLOWLY fades out. It looks like it freezes but after about 1-2 mins it does load the mission. There is something going on because it's very slow. Try hitting the escape button or clicking. It keeps doing it each time there is a transition.
1683091270451.png

Last edited: