BATTLETECH - Completed priority mission but it's still offered, story will not advance

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

konahuanui

Private
19 Badges
Dec 2, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
One line summary of your issue
Completed priority mission but it's still offered, story will not advance

What platform are you running the game on?

Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10
What version are you running?
1.3.0-413R
Do you have the Season Pass / Flashpoint installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I completed the Tyrlon priority mission. It appeared to complete without issue: met objectives, I extracted, passed through the post-battle salvage screen, etc.

Checked contracts again and Tyrlon is still offered. I started it to see if it would load up and it did. I quit the mission, loaded a manual save from after completing it the first time, and ran some side missions to see if it would clear on its own, but it hasn't - I've done four side missions now in two different systems but the story has not advanced beyond Tyrlon.

I have not tried completing Tyrlon a second time. If it's possible to manually advance to the next story mission I would prefer that.

I have not modded the game in any way.

Attached screenshot is my list of saved games. Note how I have manual saves in the Tyrlon mission, then manual saves in the Tyrlon system post-mission, than an auto save from launching Tyrlon a second time.

Happy to upload a save if you give me instructions on how to find those. Checked through my steamapps folder and my windows user dir but didn't find anything.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Not sure if I can reproduce, this is the first time it's happened.

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info (Mac)

Attach Output Log
Windows:
Mac OS:
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

Attach Crash Log

Attach save file

Attach screenshot / video

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88,3 KB · Views: 43
  • bt saves.jpg
    bt saves.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 15
  • output_log.txt
    32,5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you have to clear it out of your mission queue before continuing :( all the posts I have read in line have indicated this — once it is gone, you are free to do the json file had!

I think you have to clear it out of your mission queue before continuing :( all the posts I have read in line have indicated this — once it is gone, you are free to do the json file had!

Gotcha, so basically the second play-through of SMITHON DEFENSE will clear it from the mission list, but basically it will come back again if you don't do the edit to the next non-campaign mission you pick. Do I have it right?

Half way right. The second play through will clear it it. After it gets cleared out, the game gets in a state where it will never give you the next campaign mission. To get around that, you'll edit the next non-compaign mission you pick, to force the game back into a good state.

Crap, I actually thought maybe the 1.5 release had fixed it, since the Smithon mission did not show up, and went on to play another mission (had to travel to another planet anyway) ... or was it missions. I could always load a previous save I suppose. In any case, thanks for your help!

PS> I also finally got to a black market (after paying 2.5m credits to join some time ago) only to find out things were ~10,000% more expensive. A lot of people are complaining about this (seemingly) bugged portion of the 1.5 release, but there is an easy workaround for now, thankfully.

Hi yall,

I was able to solve this by loading back to a save where I did not have this contract yet accepted. I flew to the planet, (as I had earlier done) but this time I waited for the financial report to come (and a new auto-save to be created?) before accepting the mission. Worked like a charm.

I am having a similar issue: Liberate: Itrom is always available.
I finished it once, but no scenes at the end that advance the story. It just finishes like a regular mission. And is available again.

I secured all 3 silos.

note: in a previous attempt, I originally sent all my mechs east and took charlie silo (maybe something triggered?). my 2 assault mechs went all the way around the rim to attack the bravo silo, and got stuck up on the rim. I failed to capture bravo silo. I saved. then I went to a previous save 'begin mission' and attacked left to right: alpha, bravo, charlie, and captured all 3. that's when the mission completed (no debriefing scenarios). I haven't tried editing the .json files, or completing the mission a 2nd time.

v. 1.9.1-686R
Windows 10
Steam

Good Luck