• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Beyond amazing. @Prussian Havoc any chance you'll be able to record these sessions too?

Best Regards, D
Hmm... that is indeed an interesting and possible way to go. : )

I've got a number of Academy Chat Logs now and am considering the distillation of these down to what would ammount to "Cliff Notes." I just don't know if it is worth the time and effort.

Instead, I am much more interested in taking what gaming time remains to me this week and learning/practicing how to use my recently downloaded Open Broadcaster System Suite and learning how to Twitch Stream and YouTube post. If I get this down well enough and later find someone willing to stream Academy session, I just might start up an Academy Library Collection.

Time is my biggest challenge at the moment as I've a number of commitments over these next couple of weeks which will take precedence.

But thank you for sparking the Academy Library idea! :bow:

Instead, I am much more interested in taking what gaming time remains to me this week and learning/practicing how to use my recently downloaded Open Broadcaster System Suite and learning how to Twitch Stream and YouTube post. If I get this down well enough and later find someone willing to stream Academy session, I just might start up an Academy Library Collection.

Time is my biggest challenge at the moment as I've a number of commitments over these next couple of weeks which will take precedence.
I've used OBS myself for BattleTech... it seemed pretty straightforward and you can see early results here:
(YouTube links are OK, right?)

I even picked up a webcam for overlays, although I didn't use it in that video. I'd be perfectly willing to record a video with you, although I suspect it would work better with someone that has more to learn than I do. But yeah, time is always an issue. And my Internet connection is absurdly slow by today's standards, so that might get in the way as well.

I've used OBS myself for BattleTech... it seemed pretty straightforward and you can see early results here:
(YouTube links are OK, right?)

I even picked up a webcam for overlays, although I didn't use it in that video. I'd be perfectly willing to record a video with you, although I suspect it would work better with someone that has more to learn than I do. But yeah, time is always an issue. And my Internet connection is absurdly slow by today's standards, so that might get in the way as well.
Thank you, Good Sir. :bow:

The single YouTube link came through very clear indeed. : )

Webcams provide overlays? Like the small inset Live-Feed of the Streamer himself and some static "border dressing?"

Thank you, Good Sir. :bow:

The single YouTube link came through very clear indeed. : )

Webcams provide overlays? Like the small inset Live-Feed of the Streamer himself and some static "border dressing?"
Yes. You can capture the main video onscreen while using the camera to capture your face. You might want to ask @Edmon about this in DM.

Yes. You can capture the main video onscreen while using the camera to capture your face. You might want to ask @Edmon about this in DM.
Right now I am interested in nailing the Audio and am looking into investing in a good headset/attached-mic. While I may work up to a Webcam / Onscreen Persona ( :) ) I am much more interested in bringing in a "White Board" / Split Screen capability to better enable the BATTLETECH Command Academy aspect of what I hope to achieve with these streams.

Thanks to our very own @HBS_Eck, I have just about all my OBS Output, Audio and Video settings ready to go.

I have time to get this right, as I currently intend my first livestream broadcast to be the Fright Night Fight Event just prior to FLASHPOINT being released. : )

Oh, that reminds me...

That video I recorded is using the audio from the webcam I got... I was actually surprised that it gave reasonable quality at all. Logitech c920, FWIW.

Oh, that reminds me...

That video I recorded is using the audio from the webcam I got... I was actually surprised that it gave reasonable quality at all. Logitech c920, FWIW.
Thank you for the recommendation. I now have the Logitech c920 and Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone into my Amazon cart. I’ll still conduct some more comparisons but I like what I found on both.

To build a palette of BATTLETECH Military Symbology, I’m looking at using: https://www.symbol.army/about/en.html

Can anyone recommend a Screen-in-Screen Twitch-streaming Whiteboard program?

Thank you for the recommendation. I now have the Logitech c920 and Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone into my Amazon cart. I’ll still conduct some more comparisons but I like what I found on both.

To build a palette of BATTLETECH Military Symbology, I’m looking at using: https://www.symbol.army/about/en.html

Can anyone recommend a Screen-in-Screen Twitch-streaming Whiteboard program?
As I understand it, OBS can capture any window and composite it into your stream. So you just need a whiteboard program that you're comfortable with and don't need to worry about Twitch compatibility.

To use it well, though, you'll likely need a multi-monitor setup. One monitor for the game, one for the whiteboard, and (preferably) one to see what the stream you're sending out actually looks like.

Any effort at Battlefield Visualization imo begins with a map, or better yet a map and a series of overlays (for example the Slope-assessment Heat Maps linked below.)

Upon this map, various forces can be depicted. Given Terrain, Force Composition and Force Disposition, various assessments can be made with respect to the Spatial and Temporal interaction of those forces, both Friendly and OpFor:

Overlay Example 2.jpg

Thanks to Team HBS we can now look to bring a whole new level of Battlefield Visualization to BATTLETECH!

And thank you very, very kindly Good Team HBS for providing these to us. It is greatly appreciated. :bow:

Here are the links to 12-sets of two BATTLETECH Multi-player Arena Maps (the first is an overhead Image, the second is a Slope Analysis Heat Map):

ALPINE RIVER IMINT
ALPINE RIVER Slope Heat Map

BIG LOCH IMINT
BIG LOCH Slope Heat Map

CANYON IMINT
CANYON Slope Heat Map

CENTRAL MOUNTAIN IMINT
CENTRAL MOUNTAIN Slope Heat Map

DEATH VALLEY IMINT
DEATH VALLEY Slope Heat Map

PLATEAU VALLEY IMINT
PLATEAU VALLEY Slope Heat Map

RED CITY IMINT
RED CITY Slope Heat Map

RIVER CROSSING IMINT
RIVER CROSSING Slope Heat Map

ROCKY CRATER IMINT
ROCKY CRATER Slope Heat Map

SPLIT RIVER IMINT
SPLIT RIVER Slope Heat Map

STILL VALLEY IMINT
STILL VALLEY Slope Heat Map

THE STACKS IMINT
THE STACKS Slope Heat Map

With the above maps, much is possible. The barest example is below:

Map of The Stacks - Tactical Example.png

Last edited:
Somehow, I missed this thread when inisially posted! Either way, this is an great initiative. I know I certainly need to make use of the Command Accademy at some point... :)

Somehow, I missed this thread when initially posted! Either way, this is an great initiative. I know I certainly need to make use of the Command Academy at some point... :)
I would very much enjoy that, MissDeliana. :bow:

Work continues as we look to make best use of the maps recently made available to our BATTLETECH Community:

a1orm6K.png

~ the above was done up in MS Paint as a Proof of Concept, I'll be settling on better presentation software for the BATTLETECH Command Academy "Playbook."

Thought?

Suggestions?

I like it...

Maybe add some lines of advance -->>>
Or cause that might make the screen a bit cluttered and "busy"
Add some numbers to your balloons for Turn Number.

During the current Friday Night Fights Event / over this weekend, I'll be taking the following ROCKY CRATERS imagery and instructing a page from it's "Playbook" using actual data from my current Inner Sphere Wars match with @Poptimus Rhyme Wallace.

Copy of Rocky Craters - Image.png

Thank you @TheVenge for your remarkably well crafted and produced YouTube BATTLETECH Lore Series. And thanks again for agreeing to my request that they serve as part of the Academy's curriculum. : )

new BATTLETECH 601,
History/Lore Series: Breakthrough and Exploration ~ from Modern Day through the discovery of the Kearny-Fuchida Drive and to the establishing of the Inner Sphere:

new BATTLETECH 602, History/Lore Series: Hegemony and War ~ Terra's reach for Empire, the Age of War and its pervasive use of Weapons of Mass Destruction leading to the Ares Convention:

new BATTLETECH 603, History/Lore Series: Golden Age ~ Birth of the Star League and nearly 2 centuries ofpeace and prosperity. Fall of the Star League, the Exodus and formation of ComStar:

new BATTLETECH 604, History/Lore Series: Succession Wars ~ Marked by death, destruction and atrocities on a scope beyond anything known during the Age of War. The first through third Succession Wars ravage the Inner Sphere's Techno-Industrial Capacity. The Rise of ComStar's Political and Martial Capabilities:

new BATTLETECH 605, History/Lore Series: Change and Renaissance ~ The foundations of the FEDCOM and the Federated Sun's War of Davion Aggression. Recovery of the Helm Data Core leads to accelerated recovery of the Inner Sphere's Techno-Industrial Capacity. Rise of the FEDCOM and its War of 3039:

new BATTLETECH 606, History/Lore Series: Revival ~ ComStar's Explorer Corps and the Outbound Light. CLAN INVASION. Death of ilKhan Leo Showers and the stage is set for the Battle of Tukayyid: