BattleTech: Clan Invasion Box Set Kickstarter coming today!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marauder3D

Major
7 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Ladies and Gents:

If you enjoy tabletop BattleTech, CGL is running a Kickstarter for a new Clan Invasion Box set. It should be up at 10 AM Pacific and 1 PM Eastern time today.

If you've been lucky enough to check out the new Beginner's Box set or the Game of Armored Combat box set, you know these are fantastic for getting folks interested in the game. You may want to check it out, because there might also be some unseen sculpts up as well!

Best,

Mad

Up and running Now - already blew past starting goal
Got My pledge in
Edit: 20 mins and reached all stretch goals 100K US$ will need to add more stretch goals

Last edited:
I'm really happy there are Inner Sphere lance packs being added in addition to the Clan Invasion box set and lance packs.

hamer2.PNG
hmmr.PNG

crusdr.PNG

Yeah Crusader one of my favorites

At this rate, I wonder if they are going to run out of their pre-made stretch goals in the first day...

I wonder why the Grasslands map pack isn't an add-on like the base game is. It appears to be the only thing missing.

And here I thought I was finally done collecting minis*. Now it turns out they're planning on making more IS redesigns along with the Clan mechs and Unseen.

Also, the $5000 level is "The Full Kerensky." :D

* I know, nobody's ever done collecting minis.

Honestly, they might price me out with all these "stretch goals" that just add more add-ons to spend money on... When considering actual game content, I'm often all-or-nothing when jumping into a game. hmmm.

Hrmm... Interesting. Anyone know at what level of pledge you need to be able to get add-ons? At the very least (since I don't really want the cards, rules or maps (since i don't use 'em)) I am interested for the sake of the figures. So I'd be tempted to a minimum pledge value and a load of add-on star/lance bits and maybe the set from the last boxed set.

Hrmm... Interesting. Anyone know at what level of pledge you need to be able to get add-ons? At the very least (since I don't really want the cards, rules or maps (since i don't use 'em)) I am interested for the sake of the figures. So I'd be tempted to a minimum pledge value and a load of add-on star/lance bits and maybe the set from the last boxed set.
You can do any pledge level (even the first at $1) then manually increase your $ amount to what would cover the add-ons you want. Later they will send a pledge manager where you allocate the extra money to the add-ons.

Honestly, they might price me out with all these "stretch goals" that just add more add-ons to spend money on... When considering actual game content, I'm often all-or-nothing when jumping into a game. hmmm.

Nichino, if you are jumping into the TT game for the first time, the Beginner's Box is great and has some simplified rules for $20. Grab it, paint the two minis, and see if it suits you.

If it does, then go ahead and back the kickstarter, because I see quite a bit of value here. Lots of free fiction, good lance packs, etc. I just think the Beginner's Box is a great way to see if table top suits you. For a TT game, BattleTech is a bit slower than many other games out there, and some people (young whippersnappers) are accustomed to a faster paced experience!

And here I thought I was finally done collecting minis*. Now it turns out they're planning on making more IS redesigns along with the Clan mechs and Unseen.

Also, the $5000 level is "The Full Kerensky." :D

* I know, nobody's ever done collecting minis.

Did you see that ALL of these plastic minis are new redesigns? How much work is Anthony Scroggins doing over there? Is that even feasible?

Nichino, if you are jumping into the TT game for the first time, the Beginner's Box is great and has some simplified rules for $20. Grab it, paint the two minis, and see if it suits you.

If it does, then go ahead and back the kickstarter, because I see quite a bit of value here. Lots of free fiction, good lance packs, etc. I just think the Beginner's Box is a great way to see if table top suits you. For a TT game, BattleTech is a bit slower than many other games out there, and some people (young whippersnappers) are accustomed to a faster paced experience!
Yea, it's really tempting, but if I wait, I can decide later to buy any of the things I want at ~25% discount and free shipping... this is going to ship in multiple waves at full shipping costs... but I want to help their kickstarter... decisions decisions...

I don't really care for any of the exclusive stuff thus far mentioned, or the Clan items. I only really want the 2 original box sets, most of the Inner Sphere lance packs and the Inner Sphere pilot card deck. (Plus the Grasslands map pack that is not part of the Kickstarter.)

True about the fiction though, it will be $1-5 each story when released into the wild... so Warrior level is still the most tempting...

Did anyone anywhere compile a list of every mech unlocked?
I saw they had a survey with a list but that's only every mech above the 500k goal level, not every mech including the base campaign.