• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Coffee_Ritual

Recruit
Feb 27, 2021
One line summary of your issue
Cant change resolution

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Currently I cant change the resolution past 1280x720, before I was locked out I change some in menu settings (textures) for higher performance. I tried verifying steam files, nothing changed. tried a clean manual uninstall by deleting all directories. Nothing changed still stuck at 1280x720. Tied to manually change resolution by going to run regedit and switch the with and height. This fixed the issue until I changed the textures around and it went back to 1280X720. I have no idea how to fix this, maybe its a file I need to manually edit? any help would be great! (currently no mods installed just DLC and base game) ( video drivers are updated)

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    170,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Just to be clear you were able to use higher resolutions until you changed some other video settings, is that right? If so I'm not sure why that has had that effect on you.

I think the settings are held in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\S0\settings_local.sav but that is not a cleartext file. You could try just renaming it.