BATTLETECH - 2nd Part of Yangs Big Deal Flashpoint (Campaign Mode) crashes to desktop

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VoodooLou_Kerensky

Corporal
4 Badges
Mar 15, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
One line summary of your issue
2nd Part of Yangs Big Deal Flashpoint (Campaign Mode) crashes to desktop

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10

Which version of the game are you running?

What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, Shadowhawk Pack, Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
As soon as the mission starts the game crashes to the desktop

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Accept mission, assign mechwarriors to mechs that are locked, deploy, wait for begin mission button to light up, click it, see mechwarrior images at bottom of screen but nothing of the map itself and game crashes.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    100,6 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    191,4 KB · Views: 0
  • ac9f5534-9760-4ad9-bd90-95157d6cc187.sav
    923,4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
There is no crash recorded in that log, wa it taken from just after this problem happened? If not can we get one that was please?

You are a little low on memory, 10gb in this system and the game's minimum is 8gb - make sure you unload every other app you can before you start the game.

There is no crash recorded in that log, wa it taken from just after this problem happened? If not can we get one that was please?

You are a little low on memory, 10gb in this system and the game's minimum is 8gb - make sure you unload every other app you can before you start the game.
Yeah I did a drop specifically to get the info. I started a career to see if I had any issues there and had no problems, and Ive even dropped the contract for that Flashpoint and restarted it, did the 1st part of it and no problems. It has only been with the second part of the Flashpoint that any issue has cropped up. I'll give it another go and will let ya know what happens.

It crashed hard this time. So much of a crash monitors went into power save mode. Oh and the Flashpoints name is Yang Viratens Big Score II.
The 2nd output_log.txt is from the same folder as the error.log file

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    175,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    39,4 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    175,5 KB · Views: 0
As I suspected:
DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 2097152!
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

82% physical memory in use.
10180 MB physical memory [1784 MB free].
7563 MB process peak paging file [7562 MB used].
I think that's saying your Windows paging file is only 7.5gb; for our other Unity game Cities Skylines we are recommending 32gb! Whatever it's max size is set to please increase it dramatically. And unload every other app you can before starting the game.

Good luck with that!

• 1Like
Reactions:
As I suspected:

I think that's saying your Windows paging file is only 7.5gb; for our other Unity game Cities Skylines we are recommending 32gb! Whatever it's max size is set to please increase it dramatically. And unload every other app you can before starting the game.

Good luck with that!
Thanks Much! That did the trick. I set both my HDD's to 32GB page files. As far as shutting down background programs...that was already in effect. That being said the amount of bloat Win10 has is exasperating. Remember when you could pare down your start up processes to 20-30 processes? Boy howdy do I miss those XP days. I dont use Cortana nor do I have an xbox or a tablet or a smart phone, and if I did I wouldnt link them with my PC.
Thanks again for the advice! We can color this one Fixed!

Last edited: