• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11486)

The Ancient Mariner
Oct 31, 2002
Visit site
Bhutan. Battleships. Don't usually see those in the same sentence.

Playing as Bhutan, 1936 scenario, my sole goal will be to construct a battleship.

Doesn't matter if I get annexed right away.

Note that this will be less story-like than most AARs.

Steele

January 1, 1936

The outlook is bleak. Bhutan is impoverished, weak, and most importantly, landlocked.

Lets take a look.

jan1936.jpg

Research: Basic Naval Armament and Armor, estimated tiime to complete 600 days.

Construction: New factories in Bhutan. ETC, 360 days.

Steele

I'm assuming that by interesting, you actually mean boring?

Its gonna take two years to research a single tech...

Steele

Last edited:
I want to see you defy the might of Colonial India.

January 11: France has seen fit to boost our military potential, by teaching us the Motorized Warfare Doctrine. If only we could afford trucks...
February 14: Yemen, another of our great friends has also bossted our military might, by teaching us the Specialized Warfare Doctrine.
March 13: Our neighbors in Nationalist China have made a pact with the COmmunist Chinese to help deal with Siam.
May 5: South Africa, another charitable nation, has helped us analyze our experiences from the Great War.

June 1, 1936

The outlook is still bleak.

jun1936.jpg

We are only 2 percent completed with Basic Naval Armament and Armor. Perhaps a friendly nation will help us out. Perhaps not.

Steele

July 21: Oman has given us the concept of a 'Flying Circus.' If only we had planes.
October 6: Oman has come forward again, this time with further analysis of the Great War.
October 24: The United Kingdom, our Lords and Masters, have taught us the proper Combat Unit Transport Procedure. Hopefully, we can someday contribute to his Majesty's fine armies.
November 8: Oman, once again, has contributed information and technology, this time information on how to launch aircraft from ships. They call it 'Naval Aviation.' Not only do we still lack aircraft, we also don't have any ships.
November 11: Nepal gave us the concept of a Naval Base Defense policy. If we had navy bases, this might be useful.

January 1, 1937: Our ndustrial output increased, as a payoff from last years investment.

Bleak, as usual.

jan1937.jpg

Steele

I am finding myself complelled to watch out of sheer curiousity.

Are you using Vanilla HoI, or one of the Mods? MDow

You should edit the saves so you have claims on the British path to the sea. Maybe they'll give in :).

DoW Tibet and annex them. The only thing standing in your way is several low infra provinces, since they have no army. Could boost your IC by a whole 4 or so points!

Wouldn't the dissent hit slow him down seriously though?

Anyway, after "Nukes for Nepal" I suggest you do "Transports for Tannu Tuva", landlocked by their allies, should be interesting. :D

Wow! Lots of enthusiasm here.

Didn't really expect that. This started out as a pet project, but I've been galvanized into succeeding. However many tries it takes.

The plan so far is this:
Annexing Tibet.
Annexing Afghanistan.
Annexing Persia.
Begin construction.

Whether or not that plan will work, I don't know. At first, however, I will do this with no mods, no editing, nothing. If that doesn't work, then I will consider changing.

After this, Nukes for Nepal, and Transports for Tannu Tuva, I think I'll die of boredom and/or futility. If that's possible.

Thanks for the luck. I will be needing it.

An update will be following sometime later tonight.

Steele