• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why such hatred for vanilla?

All our best games were vanilla.

that was more because of the players then the map tho.
and that is in no small part because we where all inexperienced bunch, the community was alot bigger so you often had new faces or people didnt always play with the same people.
here you already know how another guy will play in many cases and what to expect, that wasnt the case in those days.

times pass and you have to move on, in the vanilla case that is the same.

Last edited:
in any case just show up tomorow 14.30pm for the game
we will play eitherway but make sure you have a eu2game set up with ump and try to have ftg ready to

if we find 1-2more we go with ump tomorrow (and we can try ftg with those that want after session)
if we dont find 1-2more we will give ftg a try (if it works we can play ftg ump from then on)

WATK is nothing but more and prettier. The excesses nobody's solved aren't worth either. Maybe if Peter had designed a 1520 for it, but alas.

I have, as I said, little interest in another stab at WATK, so I'm afraid I'll sit out u less something miraculous occurs in the night. If you folks come back around to vanilla, give me a loud shout. Otherwise, I suppose we'll meet again in EU IV.

(Drake and John on Alpha Centauri, or the fjords finally, I suppose, sooner I hope)

well hg you could join us for ftg it has the vanilla map

and hey barca, not really but tbh its up to yourself to keep diplomacy flexible shouldnt be forced by moving countrys

I'm not worried about keeping my diplomacy flexible, I just think a DU style game would be a great way to avoid the eternal alliances and huge cold war style blocs of countries that tends to happen. Players should be flexible and alliances should be fluid, but it rarely turns out that way.

Maybe it would be awful and everyone would quit by 1500, but I've always wanted to try it once :)

I'm not worried about keeping my diplomacy flexible, I just think a DU style game would be a great way to avoid the eternal alliances and huge cold war style blocs of countries that tends to happen. Players should be flexible and alliances should be fluid, but it rarely turns out that way.

Maybe it would be awful and everyone would quit by 1500, but I've always wanted to try it once :)

Actually, I personally quite enjoyed the last DU type campaign.

But the rest doesn't seem all that charmed....so what can you do?

it would be a intresting idea and i wouldnt mind giving it a go, however you got a issue where we barely have enough people for 1game a time
so i wouldnt mind playing the game tc suggests and a du at some point after this game but if a few arent up for it you already face the issue of to few people so you have to consider that.

in any case ump this time, after that i'm more then up for either a du or a inter(whatever)game or a comb of both asfar as i'm concerned, but if we cant find the people for this game i wont bother sticking arround for any others either tbh

FTG is For the Glory?

Does it work?

btw game starts next week

any change we can convince you to join dane ?

FTG is For the Glory?

Does it work?

we tryd with 4 but had issues with delian his slow computer, gonna try next week saterday but need more people to do a proper test really

FTG, vanilla map historical? What's the start date?

If so, I suppose I'll play afterall.

FTG, vanilla map historical? What's the start date?

If so, I suppose I'll play afterall.

well show up saterday for the test and help us out there, its vanilla map and we either use 1419/1492 or a modefied fantasia (all in europe much like a randomized game)

Proving that FTG is functional on a large scale (larger than 3 players at least) is the ultimate goal for the Saturday test. Any campaign will have to come after that's been established. For HG, it has the benefit of the fact that very few of the maps have been made compatible with the new patch, and likely never will.

Personally, I'd prefer an unmodded FTG game over UMP-EU2, though I'd also prefer an EU2 Interregnum (unmodded map, so maybe HG would like that too) over either of those! :happy:

I'll be there Saturday or whenever for a test run.

My very strong preference is 1492 historical. Fantasias/randoms are interesting enough, but historical is usually better (and if it's going to be random, might as well be on the new map-another new map alternative I'd be happy to try would be playing in Asia). And 1419 is never balanced/never a good idea-nobody's fault, as Europe in 1419 has inherent imbalances in an historically deterministic game.

I might join if you guys play a later game, something starting around 1800 cet or later. The current time is early for me on a sunday :p

Oh, and I'm definitely game for a DU.

I might join if you guys play a later game, something starting around 1800 cet or later. The current time is early for me on a sunday :p

problem is 1800 cet is 1am already for ampo so a bit tricky