• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(171833)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Oct 7, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
okhplantoreunitegermany.png

The rules of this AAR:
I will control all aspect of militairy operations and leave nothing for the AI to handle.
The start date is 1 January 1936, no mods only patch 1.2.

Here are my preliminary war aims:
-Re-occupation of the Rhineland
-The Anschluss of Austria
-Annex the Sudetenland
-Puppet Poland

The accomplishment of these four point will strengthen my position in Europe and create a buffer against the Soviet Union. Now the last and more important of issues is avoiding war with Great Britain.

PS: Spelling is not my strongest point, please forgive me.
I would also like to thank General War for teaching me how to add sreeshots​

Last edited:
Seems interesting! Are you going to achieve these mostly by diplomacy, or force? It seems more like the latter, given that you've called them war aims. Makes it more exciting. ;)

Part One

hoi33o.png
First I reshuffled my goverment, it took me a little while to figure out how to make screenshots, so this one is in '38, but it gives a general overvieuw.

I put Hjalmar Schacht in because of the 10 percent increase in IC, I also kicked out Goring because he was a incompetent fool, and last but not least i changed my Minister of Security.​

My first production runs were all infantry. My structure for my army will be the following:
Infantry Division: 3 Infantry Brigades
Armeekorps: 3 Infantry divisions
Heeresgruppe: 5 Armeekorps
I was very pleased to see a PanzerArmy already existing and that will grow as the game progresses. I put it under command of Kleist. I intend to make the Panzers a seperate branch of the army, so you will never find a Armeekorps having 2 Infantry and one Panzer Divisions.

After my Infantry was complete i re-militarised the Rhineland, and started building four paralell intercepters as i want to be in command of the air at all times. This has a few important reasons. a) I dont want to be bombed by enemy strategic bombers and b) I dont want my troops getting mauled by ground attack missions. c) It will put me in command of the sky so that my CAS can wreak havoc on enemy troops.
As my air strategy is based on single engine planes it was logical to get rid of Goring and put Grauert in his place.

For reaserch i noticed that germany is well ahead of most nations. So i started on the 'German' docterines. And a splattering of others i tought would be usefull. The rest of my reserch points (in total 19) went into armour or industrial reserch.

Diplomaticly i started influencing Australia, and a few other countries.
@Myth: Force seems the way to go here, i am planning on invading Poland before I Annex the Sudetenland. So Poland most certainly by Force. The rest I am not quite sure yet....

okhplanfinal.png

Here my plan for the invasion of Poland.​

Between '36 and '37 I created Heeresgruppe A&B led by Rundstedt and Manstein. They both have 5 Armeekorps with 3 divisions each. I also created a second Panzerkorps. This gave me 6 light armoured divisions in total. Since the beginning of '37 I had been lowering my neutralety.

The Plan for Poland was very simple, as Poland had not mobilzed(nor had I but my Panzers were regulars, and i had three year draft). The Infantry in the centre would sweep all before it and capture Warsaw. The Panzers and moterised forces in the South would capture Krakow and Lodz before swinging North. My airforce would attack Polish ground forces and keep the skies above my troops clear.
This left only the Kriegsmarine wich was orderd to patrol the Baltic.

The campaign for Poland went very smoothly and within two weeks Poland had capitulated:
okhpolandispuppet.png

Poland 2 weeks after Capitulation​

I puppeted Poland for three reasons: a) To seem not so belligerent. b)To not have a boarder with the SU and c)To not have to put garrisons everywere. This makes a nice end to Part one.

Last edited:
Is the fact that you're going to be invading the USSR from Poland going to cause problems? I remember in HOI2, I tried this strategy but the bitter peace event wouldn't fire because everything was Polish and not German. I just want to make sure that doesn't happen to you.

So far so good.

Part Two

hoi317.png
hoi318u.png
hoi321.png

hoi318.png
hoi320.png
hoi322q.png

My technological advances​

Technology: I am running far ahead anyone else (I hope), as i am walled almost everywere against 1940+ techs. As the year is only 1938 I think I am doing ok. My armoured theory and my single enigine plane praticals are very high. (sorry the screenshots are to small)
I am thinking that it will be ineviteble for me to go to war with Britain so I have been thinking of making a poor man's navy. It would consist mostly of Naval Bombers, and a few modern BB's and DD's. In the mean while some important Diplomatic events have occured.

Diplomacy: First of all the Belgians joined the allies, on the one hand I was thrilled because it gave me a 'Schlieffen' style assault posibility without breaking any country's neutralety. On the other hand I felt a bit frightend by the tought mighty Belgea invading the Rurh.
The second event was a alliance between Czechoslovakia and Denmark, and they both Mobilised. :eek:
I was in shock of this because I was afraid that when the Vienna Award came that Denmark might DOW me. Luckely none of this happend. After the Award things went very fast for the Axis with Portugal, Hungary and Japan joining! Thier militairy might tough limited was a great moral boost.
hoi316.png

The Czechs fall before my might!
hoi331f.png

The mighty Axis Army's!

With all my war aims complete it was time to enter 1939, the year of decisions!
@Kaiser Benjamin: Yeah, that tought freaked my out aswell, I wonder if the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact will even happen!

I think the European states are early beginning to notice that Germany is a blad country. :D

Part 3

Final War Aims

-Get rid of France
-Finish Great Britain
-Invade USSR​

These aims are for the rest of the game, i will have to force myself to finish in the west before I start in the east. I have to get rid of Great Britain before invading the USSR.
To invade Britain I will need transports, of witch I have none. I will also have to boost my airforce, especially naval bombers. That will be my way to get rid of the Royal Navy; Major air strikes on fleets out of port, and on naval bases. To monitor the Royal Navy I will also have to build some big RADAR stations.
The timeframe for all of these grandiose plans is summer 1941. This is slightly late, but it will give me the option to attack France -still unmobilised- and then get rid of Britain in the same summer. Once I have accomplished this I will strike the USSR.
My plans for invading the USSR are simple, a major encirclement operation; All my armour will head for Moskow, as that is the most important for succes, a concentration of all armoured forces in one area. After capturing Moskow my armour will swing North and capture Leningrad. This will ceate a huge pocket against the boarders of the Baltic states. After this operation the USSR will be finshed, I will then only need one more year to capture the South.
Ambicious as these plans are, I hope they will leave me in control of Europe in 1944/45.

HMS_Warspite%2C_Indian_Ocean_1942.jpg

Just one thing can stop me, a failed invasion of Great Britain....​

Part 4

Due to the little amout of replies I changed style slightly, hope you guys like it!

18 June 00.45
German Ministry of Foreign affairs.
By the way the man moved trough the hallway it was clear he was satisfied; The year of 1939 had been a calm year, and now on this beautiful June evening he could finally give the boss some good news.
Constantin von Neurath looked up as he saw the attache for the Yugoslavian embassy in Berlin enter his room. He liked this man, he was hard working and even tough he had been having hard times at home he worked hard and complained little. v. Neurath told the man to make himself cofertable and waited in expectation what he had to say.
"Sir, I am sorry to interupt at such a un-Christian time but I have some great news." He spoke fast and continued immediatly: "The Yugoslavs have finally caved in to our offer!"
"Really? Did you have to sweeten the deal?"
"No, the deal stands as it used to, we give nothing and recieve everything."
"Good."

hoi350.png

Yugoslavia enters the Axis

20 June 13:00
Ulrich Grauert was none to pleased with the new developments: Over 1700 Naval bombers had been ordered by the Navy, and when he, the chief of the airforce objected he had been silenced.
Not only did he not like the idea of the Navy getting their own private air force, but German technicians had done little to no reserch in this field, and the Luftwaffe had no training facilities to train over 10,000 new people. Hjelmar Schacht had disagreed with him and now the bombers were running of the production line.
He had however gotten one thing done, the navy would have no operational control over thier bombers, that would fall where it belonged with the Air Force!

The ENIGMA machine clattered as the message was recieved:
To: OKH, OKW, OKL
Italy has Declared war on Greece and we have anwsered the call! We have declared WAR on Greece. From now on we are in a state of War with the state of GREECE

Directive No. 1
For the prosecution of the war​

1. None of our armed forces of any kind will be dispatched to GREECE.
2. We will mobilse fully, and troops will be started to be deployed on our border with BELGIUM and FRANCE.
3. Airforce units will be re-based and placed under Bitburg HQ command:
(a): 5th Air fleet to Bitburg
(b): 9th Airfleet to Aachen
(c): All naval aviation units to North Sea ports.
4. The code name for the initialisation of CASE D is Herman von Salsa
The code name for the exicution of CASE D is Amerika

As the commanders of the Whermacht went about the mountain of work cut out for them. A message was recieved at Krupp with a stunned silence, the message was short and to the point:

To: Krupp Werken, Berlin HQ, Hienkel Werken, Berlin HQ, BMW, Berlin HQ, ect.
Directive No. 2
For the Economic mobilisation​

1. In the light of the war with GREECE all industries are asked to do thier part. In practice this will mean that all Industries go into WAR time prodution mode as laid out in CASE EM.

hoi354.png

3 February 1300
German Ministry of Foreign affairs.
The Boss was sitting in his chair contemplating, he had already informed The Reich Chancellery about the latest developments. He knew this would make Germany's position in Europe harder. The Netherlands was Germany's main supplier of Iron and Rubber, and now that they had signed a pact with France Germany was no longer guarenteed a supply of these critical resourses.

hoi355.png

Part 5

15 April 1940, 03:00, Aachen, HQ, I Panzerkorps
Guderian opened the enveloppe and found one name printed on the yellow militairy grade paper: Herman von Salsa
Well he tought to himself this is it. Walking to the operations room he ordered his chief of staff to spread the word to the formations on the ground. 'Hurrying Heiz' had three Panzer divions at his command. His orders were to strike into Luxembourg and out flank the Maginot line with a close envelopment. To his North Geyr von Scheppenburg would attack the Belgians at the frontier.

These tought however were premature; the code word Herman von Salsa was the code word issued when the troops had to move to thier jumping-off points. Only at the word Amerika would the invasion of The low country's and France be started.

Four hours later the ENIGMA clattered and only one word was printed of the peace of paper. Amerika

Actually, I liked your style of writing, I just didn't have anything useful to add. Anyway, I'll continue to follow this AAR.

Part 6

IRONFIRE
hoi360.png

Here is my basic plan: A great assault trough Belgium and France. A general samller offenssive will smash Holland. My OOB is:
45 Infantry Divisions
12 Panzer Divisions
15 Moterised Divisions
As France nor Belgium nor Holland had mobilised it was more or less a strole tought the park. My Panzers delt the hammer-blow: breaking trough the allied lines. Then the moterised infantry and infantry swarmed trough.
hoi363.png

The primery attacks went well and I decided to have my Panzers envelop the Maginot-line while my moterise infantry would smach trough the centre and take Paris.
hoi366.png

hoi372.png

As my troops moved trough AFlanders and the Somme regions the French pulled back troops. This gave the option of breaking trough un-occupied Maginot-line provinces. All the while the luftwaffe rules the skies! my stuka's were quick to intervene where neccesairy and my BF 109's smached any attemp by the RAF and French airforce to bomb my troops.
hoi374p.png

When my troops captured Paris I orderd them to keep on going to Bodeaux. my only little problem was that most of my tanks around the Maginot-line had run out of fuel. And were not in suplie.
hoi380.png

France surrenders and Holland and Belgium have been captured in less than one month.
What I leaned from this campaign is that especialy my tanks need thier supply lines up and running! The other thing I noticed was that the AI is incompetent in the extreme, especially when it comes down to naval warfare as you will see.....​

Didn't try it myself, but from a logical point of view the air supply would in itself demand quite a lot of supplies. Keeping an airplane flying is a lot harder than keeping a truck running and the latter can transport more supplies when compared to it's own weight.