BATTELTECH - Game refuses to launch and produces an error log.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sawyer Anderson

Recruit
80 Badges
Apr 27, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Ancient Space
One line summary of your issue
Game refuses to launch and produces an error log.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have attempted to load the game both with and without admin privileges and in compatibility mode for vista and 7 as i run windows 10. I have never had problems with a game from paradox before so this is quite unfortunate since I am a fan of the franchise.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Unsure as I said I run windows 10 along with admin privileges and the game refuses to even boot up i have provided all three logs below.

Upload attachment

Attachments

• error.log
    27,3 KB · Views: 28
  • output_log.txt
    13,6 KB · Views: 95
  • crash.dmp
    202,8 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Hello abe545 and Sawyer Anderson!

Thank you for buying the game and for getting back to us with your issues!

So i see that you are using Intel(R) Integrated Graphics solutions for graphics and gaming. This means that you do not have a dedicated graphics card. Unfortunately, this game requires more graphical power.

If you look at the Minimum Requirements Page, you will see that you need at least an Nvidia GTX 560ti or an AMD HD 5870 (https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/) in order to play the game.

Best,

Jonathan
PDX Lab

Last edited:
Hello abe545 and Sawyer Anderson!

Thank you for buying the game and for getting back to us with your issues!

So i see that you are using Intel(R) Integrated Graphics solutions for graphics and gaming. This means that you do not have a dedicated graphics card. Unfortunately, this game requires more graphical power.

If you look at the Minimum Requirements Page, you will see that you need at least an Nvidia GTX 560ti or an AMD HD 5870 (https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/) in order to play the game.

Best,

Jonathan
PDX Lab

That's quite unfortunate as I'm obviously down a card due to the last one finally dieing on me after years of service. May I ask why the game will not just run on the integrated graphics card in the meantime besides possible poor design.

Most games have a minimal requirement hell Skyrim had it and I was still capable of running it on a sub-par computer at the time no graphics card i-3 etc.

I guess that's what I get for jumping on the bandwagon before reading the minimum requirements. As my current finical situation with regards to college prevents me from purchasing and shipping a graphics card into the middle of nowhere fucking Alaska.

Guess i'll have to watch the campaign on youtube and refund it thanks for the assistance

Hi Sawyer,

I am sorry to hear about your dismay. Currently GPU prices are sky high, with some respite on the way. This game does have a lot of geometry and effects, which can be demanding on systems. Many titles that come out now do need a dedicated GPU.

Some of our new games, like Surviving Mars or Cities, can actually work on Intel Integrated Graphics and we have run some tests that show that. However, they are sims, so the action is more passive onscreen.

Upcoming patches may be able to make Battletech playable on higher end Intel and / or AMD integrated graphics. But there is no set date for that yet.

I like Alaska! I went hiking there couple of years back, in Denali...in April. That was jumping the gun weather wise (got a cheap flight ticket) and I froze lol! But such a cool place.

Sorry about your game experience - feel free to refund of course.

Jonathan

That's quite unfortunate as I'm obviously down a card due to the last one finally dieing on me after years of service. May I ask why the game will not just run on the integrated graphics card in the meantime besides possible poor design.
It's not poor design of the game if that's what you refer to. Intel video systems are intrinsically weaker and slower than proper dedicated GPUs from AMD and nVidia. There's nothing software can do about that.

It's not poor design of the game if that's what you refer to. Intel video systems are intrinsically weaker and slower than proper dedicated GPUs from AMD and nVidia. There's nothing software can do about that.

I never said it was 100% poor game design. As someone who is actively moving to get a BSCS i was simply asking why the game was not planned ahead of time for those whos cards have died and those who simply can't afford cards. It seems like a major gap in planning.

Edit: after seeing lab coats other response it looks like that is being looked into but there is no set date so I'll hold off on the refund for now in hopes you guys can figure it out once again thanks for the assistance.

I never said it was 100% poor game design. As someone who is actively moving to get a BSCS i was simply asking why the game was not planned ahead of time for those whos cards have died and those who simply can't afford cards. It seems like a major gap in planning.
That planning consisted of deciding not to support such hardware, and setting the minimum requirement accordingly, I expect. Focussing one's efforts. It's not always possible or a good use of development time to make a game work on low-end hardware.

I don't think we've released a game in over 5 years that's supported on Intel video, except maybe KoPP2.

Hi All, I found the solution for all my "game not running" problems....delete ANYTHING to do with AMD!! It's true, I uninstalled my AMD drivers and just used the motherboard GPU on the laptop and the game runs perfect!