• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How stable are the new world Prussian Countries? I know that California is basically South Africa (But with Native Americans) but what of the others?
For the most part they are stable. I can do a quick run down:

Texas is the smallest of the "mainland" nations and is also the most stable. Democracy is a pretty big deal in Texas. Even though one of the major reasons the New World declared independence was the illegalization of the slave trade, Texas was one of the first to go back and ban it again. Since Texas always had a large French Frandist population (the capital is called Normanton for a reason), its constitution is filled with pretty liberal things, even for 200 years later.

Next is Cuba, which owes its stability to its small size and pretty homogeneous population. Its second "war" for independence was a lot lower profile than the first and they were able to build off the Texan model. Cuba and Texas are very close. They have a relation not unlike that between the US and Canada of our own time line. They often act together when they can.

Yucatan is next, also because it is racial make up. It had no issue with the independence -> union -> independence transition because it was autonomous in between. It left because Mexico and New Prussia had such a big issue figuring out their own relationship. It was definitely a "spare tire" in that Union.

Mexico is fourth. The population is no-where near as homogeneous as Cuba (which is almost entirely white) or even Texas (which is 90/10 white/native). It sits at around (60% white and 40% native). Most of the major cities are multicultural, there was no big deal with segregation (like in California) because they had been mixing and living next to each other since the 1500s. Both groups played a major role in independence. New Prussia refers to the southern part of Mexico which is mostly white.

Fifth is Jamaica which is one of two that are not majority white (the other being California) and is about (80% native and 20% white). It is probably one of the poorest of the colonies as well. However, there isn't much division in wealth. This was because as a colony Jamaica's lands were mostly owned by people who lived on Cuba. So when Cuba seceded and won its independence, the owners had already dealt with the loss of their lands. When Jamaica was finally freed in 1840, there wasn't much of a "ruling" or elite class. Prussian governors from the inter-freedom period left and returned to Prussia in 1840.

Sixth is Haiti, which is almost split 50/50, though that won't last long (it will soon be native majority). It has major issues with division of wealth as well as sitting in prime hurricane territory. It is probably the most "rebellious" of the group, often distancing itself from the other politically and diplomatically. It used to have a good relationship with California but that has since chanced.

Despite everything, California is not last. Partially because it is so homogeneous (80% native, 20% white). The wealth is still mostly in the hands of the whites, but that has been changing slowly as the government tries to make work and education more accessible to everyone. Most whites who had a problem with the new government left, most ending up in Mexico but many actually returned to Carpathia and Prussia.

Last is the Antilles, which have only become a democracy in 1987. Before that they had issues with civil war and military dictators. The wealth divide is very, very in favor of the whites, who are about 70% of the population and control almost 95% of the wealth. Part of the problem is that under previous administrations each island was essentially an autonomous republic. But recently they have tried to centralize. For the natives they feel this means submitting to the whites and for the whites they feel this means giving handouts to the natives. Generally it is assumed that another civil war is not far away.

Racial Make-Ups*:
Texas: 73% White / 9% Native / 13% Mixed / 5% Declined to Answer
Mexico: 47% White/ 45% Native / 6% Mixed / 2% Declined to Answer
Yucatan: 81% White / 6% Native / 11% Mixed / 2% Declined to Answer
Cuba: 94% White / 1% Native / 5% Mixed / >1% Declined to Answer
Haiti: 37% White / 49% Native / 13% Mixed / 1% Declined to Answer
Jamaica: 7% White / 84% Native / 3% Mixed / 6% Declined to Answer
Antilles**: 51% White / 35% Native / 14% Mixed
California**: 17% White / 79% Native / 4% Mixed

* Circa 2024, "Mixed" is generally considered "white" for the purposes of the law.
**The Antilles and California require citizens to state a race, thus there is no column for declined to answer.

There is a big leap from Mexico to Jamaica and again from California to the Antilles. For a general comparison think of it this way:
From Texas to Mexico we are talking first-world stability: these are large, functioning democracies with huge economies.
California, Haiti and Jamaica are second-world countries: large economies and new or slightly corrupt democracies. You can vacation here in safety.
On the Antilles varies. On white islands, you might as well be in Cuba or Texas, on native islands you'd more or less be in a tropical Gaza. Tread carefully.

Edit:
For those who are late there is a map on the last post of the previous page. Check it out.

Last edited:
Very, very interesting. And don't take such a short reply to be disinterest, it's just that your answers are very in depth and thus do not leave much room for questions. :)

It's really hard to comment beyond saying, "Good job, keep it up!" Because there really is nothing else to be said, you write so well and make your stories and history believable. Know that just because people aren't commenting, doesn't mean they aren't enjoying it!

Your AAR is honestly the biggest thing keeping me on this forum.

Is anything in these updates based on an actual EU3 game, or is everything from your notes (i.e. not just the post-1820 events)?
Actual EU3 updates start in December (or sooner, who knows?). Up to now it has been notes filling the gap between CK and EU3. I've been saving them for the actual AAR.

Well you DID say you have a lot of maps.

Thanks Capiatlist
No problem. :D

Your novel, I guess, is either going so well you don't mind taking a break or so poorly you're surfing the 'net looking for something to ease your frustration.
A combination of both, actually. I am well ahead of the word count goals, but in a rough patch narrative-wise. I'll get through it. ;) I actually got 2,000 words written yesterday for the novel alone.

It's really hard to comment beyond saying, "Good job, keep it up!" Because there really is nothing else to be said, you write so well and make your stories and history believable. Know that just because people aren't commenting, doesn't mean they aren't enjoying it!

Your AAR is honestly the biggest thing keeping me on this forum.
I tend to rate my worth as a human being through the "views" counter rather than the "comments" counter. 125,000 > 1200. ;)

Glad to keep you around, but I hope you find something else to like as well.

Actual EU3 updates start in December (or sooner, who knows?). Up to now it has been notes filling the gap between CK and EU3. I've been saving them for the actual AAR.
I meant the updates like the last two that deal with cultures and things like the various Prussosphere states in the New World, I was wondering if Texas and California etc. delcared independence from you in EU3 in whatever year the AAR says.

Asd always intriguing
Thank you.

I meant the updates like the last two that deal with cultures and things like the various Prussosphere states in the New World, I was wondering if Texas and California etc. delcared independence from you in EU3 in whatever year the AAR says.
No, unfortunately. The closer you get to 1820, the more becomes "made up". After 1820 it is entirely made up. At the time, the colonial revolter system for MEIOU was almost non-existant. There were a few events like local colonial uprising stuff, but they never really gained any steam. So I quit really playing EU3 around 1780 and just watched Europe evolve a bit more.

Last edited:
Hello kind Sir. I am a new comer and have been reading this for, at least one month (I read both Homelands and Bastions, except for the introduction and the mini-updates/culture updates) and it was all worth it!!!! Great AAR!!! Fantastic, simply fantastic!!!! I love all the in depth of the entire story!!! Good luck on your quest for this "Tera-AAR"!!! Can't wait for the next update!!!!

Edit: I do not know what is wrong with your Ink Well, but every time I try to go there, Chrome says there might be a Malware on the link.

Hello kind Sir. I am a new comer and have been reading this for, at least one month (I read both Homelands and Bastions, except for the introduction and the mini-updates/culture updates) and it was all worth it!!!! Great AAR!!! Fantastic, simply fantastic!!!! I love all the in depth of the entire story!!! Good luck on your quest for this "Tera-AAR"!!! Can't wait for the next update!!!!

Edit: I do not know what is wrong with your Ink Well, but every time I try to go there, Chrome says there might be a Malware on the link.
Thank you and welcome aboard!

First, you shall not be waiting long for an update, I am just about to start one.

As for the inkwell, I have notified the administrators, but we have no idea what is causing it. I doubt it is my personal page.

Thank you and welcome aboard!

First, you shall not be waiting long for an update, I am just about to start one.

As for the inkwell, I have notified the administrators, but we have no idea what is causing it. I doubt it is my personal page.

Call me needy, but I am really starting to stress!!!! I need the a new update!!!!!
(Maybe the fact that I have a test tomorrow is not really helping me cope with this desire(Holy crap this sounded so lame!!!!!))

May I ask, what is your update schedule?

Call me needy, but I am really starting to stress!!!! I need the a new update!!!!!
(Maybe the fact that I have a test tomorrow is not really helping me cope with this desire(Holy crap this sounded so lame!!!!!))

May I ask, what is your update schedule?
Heh. So glad not to be at the Uni anymore... or maybe not...

My "schedule" (if you can call it that) is generally once a week, but that rarely happens. Especially because I am mentally recovering from writing 50k+ words in 30 days. I do have an update started, though.

Small little change made to the entry on the Germans. I just realized I've been spelling "Lotharingia" very, very wrong for like four years. So instead of fixing it I've just left it as is.

Lothgaria comes from Lotharingia through a process of translation, vowel deletion and metathesis.

Lotharingia was picked up into Classical Arabic as "Lotharigia" as the "ng" sound does not exist in Arabic. The "i" was eventually made into a schwa before being deleted from the word making "Lothargia". Eventually metathesis took over and flipped the "g" from the beginning of one syllable to the next, making "Lothgaria". This name for the Lowlands fell out of use for centuries but was re-adopted after WWII as a neutral name for the region (no pro-Dutch or pro-German connotation).

I am working on an update still, so don't fret, but this was rather... embarrassing to say the least.

Where did you get the bit that "ng" doesent exist as a sound in Arabic? This is completely untrue.

Where did you get the bit that "ng" doesent exist as a sound in Arabic? This is completely untrue.
By the lack of the ŋ symbol on this table.

Double checking with modern Arabic, I cannot find an instance of "velar nasal" nor "ŋ", which strongly hints that it might exist in loan-words, but it is not native to "standard" Arabic (if there can even be such a thing).

If you can correct me that would be great (I'll just come up with a new excuse to change it).

Last edited: