• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Acording to reddit, there is a quest in the farm that is very easy to miss (I suppose it gets available only after you solve one of the leader's quests) and only doable before you appoint a leader to the Wound. I missed this in my first play and didn't solve the water problem. Now I have done it but not finished my main quest yet, I will see then

Acording to reddit, there is a quest in the farm that is very easy to miss (I suppose it gets available only after you solve one of the leader's quests) and only doable before you appoint a leader to the Wound. I missed this in my first play and didn't solve the water problem. Now I have done it but not finished my main quest yet, I will see then
No, I definitely did that sidequest. I caught all the perps and their methods and everything.

Yep, I played again, did that sidequest, problem not solved. I think they are talking about the water filtration problem, the drinking water problem.

I know that both times, I didn't give either Wagstaff or Jaspos props for their water solution. Perhaps you have to do that? Actually, I still have a save, I will try that now.

Okay, without realizing, I did two things differently: I did not take leadership myself, I handed it fully to Reef-Talon. And I gave props to Jaspos for his water solution. One or both of those has given me the correct ending.

In my first playthrough, I gave the book to Wagstaff and supported Reef-Talon with myself above, and the problem was not solved (and didn't do the garden quest). In the second, I did the garden quest, and didn't supported any of them (History of the Oldwalls questline), and also supported Reef-Talon in the end. Again, problem was not solved... So perhaps Jaspos is the key?

I think you misunderstand what I did, so I'll try to be super clear. Both times, I did both Jaspos and Wagstaff's sidequests. I did the garden questline. I stopped both Jaspos and Wagstaff's beastman exploitation. Both times, I did the History of the Oldwalls questline with Mel instead of picking sides. The thing I did differently was in the very last conversation. When you're giving the pros/cons of Jaspos and Wagstaff, I said that Jaspos's water solution was the least of the two evils. I think that you hypothetically could go with either and it would solve the water problem. The first time, I didn't say that either of them was the lesser of two evils water-wise.

Got "While never vocal supporters of the Beastwoman's guidance, Jaspos and Wagstaff continue to provide purified water, each by their own discrete methods. Over time, the Wound becomes somewhat less polarized, and the two men even manage to enjoy the occasional friendly conversation."

For Forge-Bound's and Tidecaster's quests I told them not to lie to a Fatebinder (in a different fashion), then resolved the farm problem (reported both) and chose Reef-Talon as the leader of the settlement, while criticizing the other two candidates.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but how do I get to do both Jaspos and Wagstaff's sidequests? After I'm assigned the quest from Wagstaff, Jaspos won't speak with me anymore.
Anyway, after having to deal with those two stubborn bastards and their "sustainable" solutions for water supply, I get the feeling I would have liked more to just spill their blood and kill them all.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but how do I get to do both Jaspos and Wagstaff's sidequests? After I'm assigned the quest from Wagstaff, Jaspos won't speak with me anymore.
Anyway, after having to deal with those two stubborn bastards and their "sustainable" solutions for water supply, I get the feeling I would have liked more to just spill their blood and kill them all.
You need to clarify your intentions toward the Wound with one leader before talking to the other.
If you talked to both and decided the fate of the settlement after that, only the one, who heard it, gives his quest. (Figured it out by trial and error).

One thing I noticed was that making Reef-Talon the leader of the Wound resulted in the water being purified by Wagstaff and Jaspos, but making Reef-Talon my deputy in the Wound resulted in her not finding a solution to the water problem. No factor changed other than her ruling the Wound herself or for the Fatebinder.

I also wonder whether getting Reef-Talon to master her healing power is something that affects the ending in this regard? I haven't tried multiple variations of that.