• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sir! I am truly and honestly am Impressed by your insight! Indeed, Those losses had impacted the USA war-effort against the CSA! The Mexicans really REALLY won that war, getting close to 100%. I wasn't really watching the war but I'm pretty sure the US landforces were decimated. I won't divulge the outcome until the next chapter because that kinda IS the next chamber. I'm also thinking about steping up the rate to 1/2 week, instead of approx. 1 week.

Also thanks for the comments, Thank you everyone for the comments. Even if I don't activily acknowledge them. They really do make me want to post more and better chapters.

Thanks for everything! Keep reading!

Chapter 6 - The Three Wars

The period between 1861 and 1863 saw events that would have shaken even the late Mr. Irving's faith in humanity and this Age of Reason. Major wars broke out across the World. In Mexico, The Europeans moved after the Mexican Government decided to terminate it's national debt. In the Southern States in the United States, There was a was a great civil war and In Denmark there was a second war pitting the Danes against the all the Germany peoples.

The Mexicans, who fared so well against the Yankees earlier, could not stand against the combined European forces of France, Great Britain and Spain. Even Nova Scotia sent a token force to help in this conflict, but she made no gains against the much better trained Mexican Army. In a few short Months, the Mexicans had lost much territory, especially to the British, which they lost many former Yankee Colonies near the British City of Victoria. They also lost some of the Former Texan regions in the coastal region to the Spanish and To the French they lost some of the Pacific cities of San Diego and Los Angeles.

The second Danish-Prussian war was much like the first. Althought the Danes would have been overrun in a matter of days against the vastly superior Prussian Army they could contend with such a great land power such as Prussia and her German Allies because of the vast ammount of Allies who were waiting to come to the Danes' aid. Sweden, France, Great Britain and Especially Russia who was particularlly key in the first Danish-Prussian war. Indeed, Once the Tzar's war machine started, there was no stopping it until it ran out of steam and Russia has a great deal of Fuel at it's disposal. The battle was one long fought but the Combined Austro-Prussian Forces couldn't resist Russia's constant pressure from the East and the British Navy in the West. Eventually they capitulated and ceded most of the provinces in the land that once was Poland. In the jubilation of this Victory over the German invaders and their constant lust for the province of (Shewlvisgs) the Danes and Swedes ratified a sort of treaty, much like Britain's own Act of Union, Amalgamating the Kingdoms of Denmark and Sweden into one State. This Union would be called "Scandinavia" and she would be remembered as one of the most Prestigeous countries in the world. Infact she held greater prestige than that of Great British. Which was, and still is, considered to be the greatest country under Sun but that was simply for a combination of Her navy and her Factories.

The Third great war was one of most concern to our story, It was the Dixie War of Independence. Both the Yankees and the Dixie fought long and hard over the matter of Dixie Independence. It was a family dispute of the Gravest nature and as anyone with a disfunctional family would know that fights between brothers can be most serious indeed! Oh so few wars can be claimed to be fought to such a scope as this one with raid roads and grand artillery and mounds of men dying on either side. In the end, It was not Dixie or Yankee that decided the outcome of such a grand war, but The Mexicans and their ballot had been cast in the Texan-Mexican War. The losses suffered in the Earlier Campaign against Mexico deprived the Yankee North from having the man power to fight the Braizen Far Southereners and on June 22,1963 Anno Domini the Unitied States of America accepted peace with the Men of Dixie under the conditions that the Yankees give the states of Kentucky, New Mexico, and Oklahoma to the government of the South.

(Pictures later. Right now some relatives from England are staying here and we're showing them about the province. So I don't have much time at all.)

Verenti,

This is a very atmospheric AAR! I love the detail, and the imagination here. You are quite an accomplished writer.

I like that you mentioned, earlier, the idea of moving cities around the ocean with steam power -- cities that could be purchased with industrial capital! That seems to this student of history as just the kind of thing a visionary of the period would have imagined.

Good job! Keep it up.

Rensslaer

Verenti said:
..The losses suffered in the Earlier Campaign against Mexico deprived the Yankee North from having the manpower to fight the Brazen Far Southerners and on June 22,1963 the United States of America accepted peace with the Men of Dixie under the conditions that the Yankees give the states of Kentucky, New Mexico, and Oklahoma to the government of the South.

so, is the USA weak enough for you to annex them? :D

Rensslaer: Thank you very much for those kind words. I realised my "people" chapters have been a little lacking of late and focusing on world events (Not Totally unjustified. Let's just say my playing style has been rather laisser-faire.) Lets just say the upcoming chapters are going to witness the plot thickening.

Ghostwriter: Not in a Million years, Unfortunatly. My total population is about 5 million, and most of that is invested in keeping my country from going into debt! Its all so very expensive to keep a country running economically and militarily. I have a foriegn adventure planned to find good troops elsewhere, but so far, Nova Scotia is following the historical route to becoming low man on the totem pole (or rather an ahistorical route to becoming the low man on the totem pole.) I'm about 13th overall, so really, Its not that bad.

But I used to be a Great power (7th!) and am Falling quickly due to the lack of population and manpower.

If there is to be a war with the USA, It will be in the early 20th century, when I have a firm new Colonial Empire. Anyone have any suggestions for possible conquests with a small army and a large population?

Chapyer 7 - The Kenyan Adventure

Christopher Shannon, His ideas brining new live to the Academic and Philosophical Circles of the Dominion, had gained significant and widespread popularity resulting in, with a Sponsership of the Governer of the Nova Scotian Peninsula, Joseph Howe, A posistion as Mayor of the City Halifax. Known as a man of Ideas, he enjoyed having access to the ears of a great many important people, which he used to further his own agenda. Great Theatres sprang up which Rivalled even the Great Drury Lane in London, Or the Countless playhouses of New York. The greatest of these Theatres, which were outfitted with Gas Lamps like all theatres of this time, Was the Neptune Theatre. This name was chosen because the Scotians were instantly attracted to anything in reference to the sea.

Mr. Shannon also wrote a great deal of plays himself. Included in those ranks were the Great Scotian Epic "Barrett's Privateers" depicting a sailor who was injured in the War of 1812 and a play called "Rubicon" about a jaded figure, much simular to Caesar, Hence the name, who saved a monarchy from turning into a Republic by tossing Corrupt Ministers out. It was very much a Romantic's tale.

In the Summer of 1864, Mayor Shannon met with all the important people in Halifax: He had discovered the cure to Scotian Stagnation! "To the assembled I say these few word" started Shannon emotionalessly after the longest pause, A stocky man fresh from England who was sweating profusely, as it was an unusually humid summer, cut in "Ah-- God Save the Queen." Immediatly Mr. Shannon gave him a harsh glare "Yes, Yes. We are all loyal men here. As was our fathers, and their father. I do belive your sentiments were implied." At this the stocky man grew redder with Embarrasment "Quite." "I have discovered a solution to all the problems that our country faces. I have a cure that will solve all the problems befronted with us, Any Questions?" The Good Mr. Heath's face twisted at these words "Sir. Prehaps before asking whether we have any questions maybe you should inform us about what we should have questions ABOUT? This is blood rediculous considering no one other than yourself has have a clue what in blazes you're talking about!" "Mr. Heath, You make an Excellent point. Allow me to explain. I'm going to greatly expand our workforce, I'm going to take Miles of land in the Name of Queen Victoria and you need only give me use of one of our transport ships, The Good Captain Murphy the Second, Five Hundred Men of the Queen's Army and the authorization and I will take a great deal of land on the African Coast near Arabia." The stocky British man was alarmed at this statement "Sir, You don't plan on attacking French Colonial Interests do you!?" "No Sir" and at this Mr. Shannon dispensed a map "I plan on attacking Oman." at this Mr. Heath looked genuinely impress "I do say... Capital Idea, but war is not a simple affiar, I will need time to discuss this with my colugees, But I think within a year, I can give you that ship and those men and let you be off to where is that? Kenya? Good. Within a year I think we can expect to see you and five hundred of the bravest men Nova Scotia has to offer the Queen off to Kenya to claim it in the Queen's name. Would that please you, Mr Shannon?" "It would." "Most excellent. Then shall I say: A Toast, To Kenya" There was a slight pause when the Stout man spoke up "Pooh! Can it really be safe for you to leave your duties and go galavanting half way 'round the world in search of Adventure?" "Not Adventure" replied Shannon "Cheap Labour. And I've already have a man lined up for the iterm posistion: One C. Verge, Call him Mr. Christopher and they shant ever miss me" "I know the man, His name isn't Christopher, It's Christian! Sir, You can't pull this over on them" "Truely? Then best call him Chris then, They won't know the difference."

After that short discourse the meeting quickly disbanded and the Stocky Englishman and Heath had a quick exchange while departing "Sir, Sir! Is it truely a wise Idea to send such a obviously ambitious man with five hundred men on a lunatic adventure to a god forsaken corner of the Earth wasting the Queen's pounds?" "You obviously have no vision Mr. Allenby. I am glad to see him and his half-witted dreams go. The damage he can do in a year to British Interests is far less than the damage he does to them here in a day. Besides sending a Madman to a contient of Savages, one is destined to kill the other and considering the difference of Population, I'd say its quite obvious the outcome" Upon saying this Mr. Heath got into his carriage and drove off down the road leaving the plump Mr. Allenby to ponder the seriousness of his words.

Last edited:
Verenti said:
"...Within a year I think we can expect to see you and five hundred of the bravest men Nova Scotia has to offer the Queen off to Kenya to claim it in the Queen's name. Would that please you, Mr Shannon?" "It would."...

interesting! :cool:

hmm a new and odd aproach to a game. i like it but i think it needs more improvement. this is ok though its your first AAR :D (but then again i dont have much in the way of rights to speak... i just began my first AAR yesterday :D)

italy almost never forms in my games either it has happened once and that was only with a little help.

germany always forms just late. every once and awhile prussia accepts leadership as well.

i wish you luck in your nova scotian conquests!

-And there ya go :D

St. Fenix

Er...wasn't most of the Loyalist population in the South or Canada, and most of the Patriots in the North, particulary Boston? So you moved everyone from Georgia into Massachusetts and vice versa? Weird.

Annex New York!

GhostWriter said:

is this an OK time to ask for an update ? ? :cool:

Two years after the last update.... Frankly you are bordering on necromancy I'm afraid to say Mr GW. A shame as this story had great potential.

El Pip: Two years after the last update...

:eek:

my apologies. i did not notice the time lapse ! ! :eek:o

Hey, people are posting here? I might ressurect this, but the last time through here was pre-revolution, but I might be able to salvage it. I also have notes from the last time through here.

GregoryTheBruce: I think the idea was that British Radical Nationalists pushed back the American Revolution beyond a line, and those people in the British Occupied area lost their revolutionary zeal. The people who lost the war were galvanized by it, and drawn by their leaders in a posistion against the Empire.

All in all, It's just Fantasia.

Edit: No, Clearly, This crashes my game. But I'm thinking a AAR 'Theatrical' "remake" of this AAR. I'll read a Jules Verne novel, a book on the 19th century, and then I'll be good to play another round of Victoria. Unless someone has a Vic to V:R converter.

edit2: Here are my notes I had before this was.... dead-ed

Chatper 8 - British Central America and the March Revolution of 1870

Its about the Killing of USCA, The Communist Revolution in Russia, The Sale of Cuba and Selling some territory to the french.

Chapter 9 - World Politics

The Decade where wars raged through Europe

I took Kenya, I remember but I don't think I did anything good with it.

Sorry about dropping the ball.

Last edited:
Verenti: Yes, It does. It gives me three errors about Heavy Cruisers and goes belly up I'm thinking about doing another Victoria install and see if I can patch it up to where it was supposed to be.

have you had any luck on that(those?) reinstall(s) ? ? :cool:

Err.. Not yet, but I'm doing a marvellous job portraying a German professor, if that's any comphensation. I'm sorry. I'll get on this ... Tuesday. I promise.

I'm honestly flattered that people are still checking this to see if I've made any progress.