Barbarossa Patch 1.11.11 - Checksum: 8e75 | LIVE | Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX Katten

Community Manager - Hearts of Iron IV
141 Badges
Nov 20, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
################################################################
######## Patch 1.11.11 "Barbarossa" #########

# Balance
##################################
- Adjusted the ship refitting cost calculation. The base cost is now a percentage of the hull cost, and the cost for any module changes are added on top of that. The same is true for tanks.
- Removed path connecting advanced light tank chassis to modern tank chassis research

# Stability & Performance
- Fixed rare OOS happening when players joined an MP game after playing a different game

# Modding
- Hot-reloading AI strategy plans will not crash the game.

# Database
- Changed the starting British Motorized Division template to use motorized - sorry, motorised - recon
- Added some bypass conditions to Czech focuses
- Unlocked fuel tank module for French cruiser submarines

# Bugfix
- Only display the ship refitting speed and cost modifiers when MtG is active.
- Added Bypass to "Demmand Lithuanian Annexation" if Poland already controls all Lithuanian states except for Memel
- Fixed units being unable to convert a move order to a retreat order when attacked
- Fixed CTD that could happen during railway gun positioning.

Attachments

• Generic 16_9 (1920x1080) MAIN EDIT.png
    Generic 16_9 (1920x1080) MAIN EDIT.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 31Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
# Balance
##################################- Adjusted the ship refitting cost calculation. The base cost is now a percentage of the hull cost, and the cost for any module changes are added on top of that. The same is true for tanks.
- Removed path connecting advanced light tank chassis to modern tank chassis research##################################
##################################- Fixed rare OOS happening when players joined an MP game after playing a different game##################################
# Modding
##################################- Hot-reloading AI strategy plans will not crash the game.##################################
# Database
##################################- Changed the starting British Motorized Division template to use motorized - sorry, motorised - recon
- Unlocked fuel tank module for French cruiser submarines##################################
# Bugfix
##################################- Only display the ship refitting speed and cost modifiers when MtG is active.
Isn't there enough line breaks?

Reactions:
Is there any plan to buff mediums and heavy tanks? Rush lights and then moders was the only viable strat for Tanks otherwise they are uselles with new supply system better is to go mechanized and rocket arty than tanks to push

with all people disagree with me and dont comment

on vanilia multiplayer these tanks are trash and you go for moderns anyway or play rocket arty
on mods people dont want to have new Tank designer bcs old tanks were better and easier to balance for multiplayer

maybe for casuals these tanks are fine but Expected value of these tanks like mediums and heavy is too little to even waste a slot to research

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Excuse me for asking kinda off topic, but the new peace conference system will come with a new big patch alongside a dlc as usual? or it will come as a seperate update?

• 7Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to take a look at a discrepancy I found back in November? As this has not been addresses yet as far as I am aware of.
After playing around with different scenarios in HOI4 I realised that there are what appear to be something wrong with the alternate paths for Greece. Since this seems like a human error, I don't think it fits in the Bugs section on the forum, but if this is wrong please do tell.

---
In the economic part of the Greek focus three you choose between "Force the farmers into the factories" and "Utilize our strengths", and in there lies an inconsistency of the document the AI uses;
Of the 7 paths outlined in the GRE_alternate_strategy_plan.txt document, 6 are scripted to go "Force the farmers into [...]", 5 of those 6 are again scripted to pick "Open up foreign subsidized factories", only 1, the German fascist path, is rightly choosing "Force the farmers" and then "pay our debts back in bulk".

Lets take an example from the document:

GRE_alternate_strategy_plan.txt
name = "Greece Monarchist Plan"
ai_national_focuses = {
GRE_reevaluating_the_drachma #March 10 1936
GRE_the_kings_government #May 20 1936
GRE_hellenic_armed_forces #July 30 1936
GRE_force_the_farmers_into_factories #October 10 1936
GRE_the_right_to_rule #October 10 1936
GRE_the_hellenic_army #December 20 1936
GRE_petition_britain_for_aid #February 30 1937
GRE_the_backbone_of_our_army #May 10 1937
GRE_lignite_liquefaction #July 20 1937
GRE_extracting_more_from_our_soil #September 30 1937
GRE_open_up_the_country #December 10 1937
GRE_crack_down_on_the_republicans #February 20 1938
GRE_open_foreign_subsidized_factories #April 30 1938
GRE_use_the_military #July 10 1938
GRE_the_hellenic_navy #September 20 1938
GRE_abandon_the_greek_turkish_naval_treaty #November 30 1938
GRE_british_docking_rights #February 10 1939
GRE_our_traditional_allies_in_the_aegean #April 20 1939
GRE_exporting_more_luxury_commodoties #June 30 1939
GRE_expand_our_tobacco_industry #September 10 1939
GRE_prepare_against_the_mediterranean_threat #November 20 1939
GRE_a_legacy_of_war #January 30 1940
GRE_the_greater_enosis #April 10 1940
GRE_expansion_of_athens_university #June 20 1940
GRE_the_hellenic_air_force #August 30 1940
GRE_securing_the_bulgarian_menace #November 10 1940
GRE_a_fleet_fit_for_the_aegean #January 20 1941
GRE_destroying_our_foes #March 30 1941
GRE_mobilise_our_economy #June 10 1941
GRE_protectors_of_the_mediterranean #August 20 1941
GRE_connecting_our_prefectures #October 30 1941
GRE_defending_our_seas #January 10
GRE_making_use_of_our_islands #March 20 1942
GRE_cooperate_with_foreign_monopolies #May 30 1942
GRE_fund_the_hellenic_air_force_academy #August 10 1942
GRE_academy_of_athens #October 20 1942
GRE_the_cannon #December 30 1942
GRE_a_long_and_proud_tradition #March 10 1943
GRE_embracing_modern_warfare #May 20 1943
GRE_hellenic_armoured_corp #July 30 1943
}
View attachment 775986

Picture for reference.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some Stuff we could need ^.^

1. Air War needs to be more realistic, like it was in Hoi 2, Darkest Hour, Hoi 1, Armageddon, Hoi 3, Doomsday; Arsenal of Democracy, and so on! If you send Fighters in a region, then the enemy should not be easily able to pass this region and bomb behind this region without losing airwings

2. Of course a total rework of italy

3. A Search function in the radio dlc!!

4 Updating the german, us, canada, japanese and other focus trees. So they can compare with the new standard, and it does not reach the end in 42..

5. We need a dlc with new companys for all countries

6. And a dlc which offers country specific more ship skins

7. A Generals pack. Cause Hoi 4 has not enough generals!

8. Focus trees dlcs for scandinavia, south america and east asia

9. Propaganda Options for all.

10. A notifcation option for spy missions. So if they are done, you get a notification, if you want this. It's so annoying!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Thanks for Updating the 1.11.-Version and existing DLCs until the next big Version 1.12 with DLC comes out. It´s better to take time and fix / rework / refit Things, esp. the ones which were overseen from 32 Bit to 64 Bit-Refit and the ones which are there from the Base- / Ground-Version 1.00.

Reactions:
######## Patch 1.11.11 "Barbarossa" #########

# Balance
- Adjusted the ship refitting cost calculation. The base cost is now a percentage of the hull cost, and the cost for any module changes are added on top of that. The same is true for tanks.
- Removed path connecting advanced light tank chassis to modern tank chassis research

- Fixed rare OOS happening when players joined an MP game after playing a different game

# Modding
- Hot-reloading AI strategy plans will not crash the game.

# Database
- Changed the starting British Motorized Division template to use motorized - sorry, motorised - recon
- Unlocked fuel tank module for French cruiser submarines

# Bugfix
- Only display the ship refitting speed and cost modifiers when MtG is active.
- Added Bypass to "Demmand Lithuanian Annexation" if Poland already controls all Lithuanian states except for Memel
- Fixed units being unable to convert a move order to a retreat order when attacked
- Fixed CTD that could happen during railway gun positioning.

Are you planning on fixing the population of Latvia soon?

what happened to this fix?
It's fixed. That line was removed because it was a duplicate of this one:
Code:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excuse me for asking kinda off topic, but the new peace conference system will come with a new big patch alongside a dlc as usual? or it will come as a seperate update?
The peace conference rework will be part of the free update that will come with the next DLC.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Some Stuff we could need ^.^

1. Air War needs to be more realistic, like it was in Hoi 2, Darkest Hour, Hoi 1, Armageddon, Hoi 3, Doomsday; Arsenal of Democracy, and so on! If you send Fighters in a region, then the enemy should not be easily able to pass this region and bomb behind this region without losing airwings

2. Of course a total rework of italy

3. A Search function in the radio dlc!!

4 Updating the german, us, canada, japanese and other focus trees. So they can compare with the new standard, and it does not reach the end in 42..

5. We need a dlc with new companys for all countries

6. And a dlc which offers country specific more ship skins

7. A Generals pack. Cause Hoi 4 has not enough generals!

8. Focus trees dlcs for scandinavia, south america and east asia

9. Propaganda Options for all.

10. A notifcation option for spy missions. So if they are done, you get a notification, if you want this. It's so annoying!
How about you make this a seperate thread or comment under one of the trillion already existing ones covering these exact things to death mate?

• 8Like
Reactions:
So what actually changed for ship and tank refits? The ship ones look pretty similar to me - reasonable costs if you're swapping modules that aren't armour or engines, exorbitant costs if you are.

Reactions:
The peace conference rework will be part of the free update that will come with the next DLC.
any indication of whenever we have it before the paradox summer break? don't take it the wrong way but I hate the current peace system so much that I never join a faction and often when I would be dragged into a big war where I cant control the peace deal alone i just leave the game. It's not that I want 100% warscore. I just hate when the ai cheat me out what i fought for or the border gore a peace deal comes with, especially if the peace deal kills my supply lines, endangering lets say a million of my men.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Suggestion for peace conferences

After the civil war only the cores should be instantly acquired by winning side. Uncored provinces such as African colonies for France for example should be part of regular peace deal with bidding and all other stuff.

This will work great because for example you want to coup USA as USSR but you also want Alaska - that way if Alaska was not cored you can bid it during peace deal.
Or better yet - communists win civil war in France - that way colonies become part of peace deal negotiations, while mainland stuff goes directly to winner side instantly

Another example - if during Spanish civil war France intervenes and carries Republicans to victory - then when war ends France would be able to negotiate couple uncored Spanish colonies as price for intervention

• 2Like
Reactions:
So what actually changed for ship and tank refits? The ship ones look pretty similar to me - reasonable costs if you're swapping modules that aren't armour or engines, exorbitant costs if you are.

Ship refits is relatively unchanged cost wise IIRC, but resource costs are doubled.

Tank refits now take use "conversion cost" rather than base cost (IE adding a new gun now only counts the cost of the gun, not the cost of the whole tank), and resource costs are also doubled

Reactions:
Ship refits is relatively unchanged cost wise IIRC, but resource costs are doubled.

Tank refits now take use "conversion cost" rather than base cost (IE adding a new gun now only counts the cost of the gun, not the cost of the whole tank), and resource costs are also doubled
Yeah, I did notice swapping a radio is only about 15% of the cost of a tank now, instead of being the same price as building a tank from scratch. Maybe I can do something with France's legion of terrible starting tanks now.

• 1Like
Reactions: