Barbarossa Patch 1.11.10 - Checksum: 09ac | LIVE | Patch Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX Katten

Community Manager - Hearts of Iron IV
141 Badges
Nov 20, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
################################################################
######## Patch 1.11.10 "Barbarossa" #########

##################################
# Bugfix
- Added a bypass to the Free French "Form the National Committee" Focus to avoid blocking the player if they don't have 90 Legitimacy
- Fixed a problem in British Alternate Strategy Plans when historical focuses are off without a specific strategy plan being selected
- Fixed issue where Estonia and Latvia would not follow the historical focuses
- Added missing leader tooltip in Soviet focus The Glory of the Red Army. Pavel Rybalko will become a general after completing the focus, and now everyone knows it.
- Turkey no longer gets a wargoal on themselves when refusing Balkan Federation demands
- Niche Role will now be correctly set correctly when AI designs ships. This also applies to players using "auto design".
- Japanese puppets should now get the corrects name
- Fixed achievement "Better than Szent Istvan" being impossible to earn due to a an issue with the new character system
- Naval battles will no longer count towards combat duration for career profile

• 19Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Pretty sad. Nearly 6 months and the Multiplayer AI bug is still not fixed.
And everyone in the MP game still hears every click/move with a railway gun.

• 12Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
What about German Danubian Expansion focus that's been broken since the release of Waking the Tiger? The fix is to literally move one bracket 3 lines down...

• 10Like
Reactions:
Thank you!

I’ve reported the bug of India Civil War, which always annoys me.

When non-history is selected, and the UK’s “A Change in Course” Focus Branch lets India be independent very soon, the bug’ll happen.

When this unexpectedly independent India ignites the civil war by Focuses, it will never win, even if played by a player, because the country TAGged RAJ will have zero divisions, while the other side will have all of them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
New bug fixes area always appreciated. Thank you.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I kinda don't understand this patch. It neither is really a hotfix for something nor really a bugfixing patch. I would very much appreciate if PDX would focus on bug-fixing, but this patch would be a underwhelming outcome for like 2 month work, so I guess they are already working on implementing bugs again rather than fixing some.

Just for the record: Germanys alternate path are still unplayable (Democratic Germany also doesn't get the core on Gdynia in the respective event).

• 9Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the update! Could you please fix this serious bug next?

The anti-whatever thinking that can never be removed if you assassinate Stalin.

Please let everyone believe that an equal and democratic Soviet can exist! Maybe we can save the poor Russian/Ukrainian in the game

• 1Like
Reactions:
I kinda don't understand this patch. It neither is really a hotfix for something nor really a bugfixing patch. I would very much appreciate if PDX would focus on bug-fixing, but this patch would be a underwhelming outcome for like 2 month work, so I guess they are already working on implementing bugs again rather than fixing some.

Just for the record: Germanys alternate path are still unplayable (Democratic Germany also doesn't get the core on Gdynia in the respective event).
You're right I've had this bug and I want it fixed but it's a bit extreme to call it unplayable? Just use STT on Non-Ironman games. And even then, it's not like it kills the run. It's a minor annoyance that they know about and should've been fixed ages ago though.

Reactions:
You're right I've had this bug and I want it fixed but it's a bit extreme to call it unplayable? Just use STT on Non-Ironman games. And even then, it's not like it kills the run. It's a minor annoyance that they know about and should've been fixed ages ago though.
Well, when I encountered the bug on my third playthrough after NSB, it caused me to abandon the basegame in favour of mods (mostly Kaiserreich and Equestria at war, as these updated to NSB relatively early). The point why this drove me so mad is not the particular impact, because it just shows how lazy the scripting is on PDXs part. I'm not saying that KR/EAW are completely bug-free, but the scripting quality is generaly much higher.

(And I don't need STT. I would just edit the files. But the basegame is sadly of limited quality in many more parts than just that.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the focus of the destiny of txecolosvaquia should unlock an armored variant of its own for Germany that would historically be Panzer 38T.

as a battleship class Bismarck it should be available from the start for Germany

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we get some confirmation on the tank conversion fix being worked on? I know it must be complicated to fix, but not having it makes the tank designer much less enjoyable to engage with if I can't upgrade tanks, and the tank designer was one of the headline features of the newest dlc.

Is anyone even working on it, or has the feature been abandoned?

Reactions:
Sadly the bug on air supply that it wont grant fuel to divisions on its own is still there since the Barbarossa update, so i made a Bug Report. Please upvote so Paradox sees and fixes. Thanks guys!

As I indicated in a recent dev diary, one of my directives is to start having a greater focus on maintenance over time. As you may have noticed, patches like the one above have been appearing on a fairly regular basis since the launch of NSB, and will likely continue to do so. That does not mean that the entire team is dropping everything to fix every issue that someone thinks is unplayable or game breaking, but it already represents a change in how we support HoI.

Pretty sad. Nearly 6 months and the Multiplayer AI bug is still not fixed.
And everyone in the MP game still hears every click/move with a railway gun.

Please make a bug report. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, terms like 'the Multiplayer AI bug' do not carry any context. While you may feel that it is super obvious what this bug is/refers to, it isn't enough for us to act on. On the railway gun issue - I was not aware of the problem - it only does so much good complaining about it in a bubble, we need to have some data to work with :)

Can we get some confirmation on the tank conversion fix being worked on? I know it must be complicated to fix, but not having it makes the tank designer much less enjoyable to engage with if I can't upgrade tanks, and the tank designer was one of the headline features of the newest dlc.

Is anyone even working on it, or has the feature been abandoned?

You can see my response to a similar question here.

• 8Like
Reactions:
######## Patch 1.11.10 "Barbarossa" #########

# Bugfix
- Added a bypass to the Free French "Form the National Committee" Focus to avoid blocking the player if they don't have 90 Legitimacy
- Fixed a problem in British Alternate Strategy Plans when historical focuses are off without a specific strategy plan being selected
- Fixed issue where Estonia and Latvia would not follow the historical focuses
- Added missing leader tooltip in Soviet focus The Glory of the Red Army. Pavel Rybalko will become a general after completing the focus, and now everyone knows it.
- Turkey no longer gets a wargoal on themselves when refusing Balkan Federation demands
- Niche Role will now be correctly set correctly when AI designs ships. This also applies to players using "auto design".
- Japanese puppets should now get the corrects name
- Fixed achievement "Better than Szent Istvan" being impossible to earn due to a an issue with the new character system
- Naval battles will no longer count towards combat duration for career profile
Might I also add, the event for Iran in the Operation countenance focus tree doesnt work, it just has a timer, but it doesn't pop up for Iran, its AI or anything when Soviets are at war with Germany.

As I indicated in a recent dev diary, one of my directives is to start having a greater focus on maintenance over time. As you may have noticed, patches like the one above have been appearing on a fairly regular basis since the launch of NSB, and will likely continue to do so. That does not mean that the entire team is dropping everything to fix every issue that someone thinks is unplayable or game breaking, but it already represents a change in how we support HoI.
I for one would like to applaud the devs recent efforts when it comes to patches/bug fixes. The change to more frequent patches with open betas is a great step forward. Yes there are still serious issues in the game such as tank conversion costs being broken and the AI’s near complete inability to handle naval production, however, as @Arheo has pointed out at least the former is in the works and well under way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ah, then I misunderstood this part of the roadmap DD. I thought it aimed to expand the scope of bug-fixing (to include fixing game design), I didn't notice that you wanted to expand the frequency as well.

Well, then I'm not unhappy anymore, or at least not to this extend.

• 1Like
Reactions: