• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Siberia have a short line.Take Norilsk,Ust-Kut and you will destroy supply line for Far-East Soviet group.Im my last Japanese game im did it.Anyway,im was suprised when Realised Siberia with Kolchak as HoG (rise of dead mans)

Siberia have a short line.Take Norilsk,Ust-Kut and you will destroy supply line for Far-East Soviet group.Im my last Japanese game im did it.Anyway,im was suprised when Realised Siberia with Kolchak as HoG (rise of dead mans)

That'd be not a bad idea. Anyway I like your AAR..... and subscribed! :)

18 dissent? That's. Crazy. Where did you get that much?

Regarding the Sino-Japanese alliance - I don't really know if it was plausible. Did the developers really mean to bring this to 1.04? What's the rationale behind it?

I did a '36 game with Japan once, beat China, release the puppet, then went to war against the Soviets in September 1939. Captured the Far East, but just couldn't comprehend why the Germans refused to attack the Soviets in 1941... I guess the event only fires if the Soviets are at peace...

Wang Jingwei was the head of the Nationalist Government in 1933 and a fascist. It is not unbelievable that an alliance between China and Japan could be brokered with Germany as the mediator. That aside, even after WJW falls from power, if Japan, say, offered to return Manchuria nominally to China, that would be a major domestic political win for Jiang Jieshi. Nominal in the sense that administrative control could be given back to China, but Industrial ownership and control would remain Japanese (the natural resources and industry in Manchuria was what Japan was after in order to fuel the industry back home. If Japan returned administrative control to China, they wouldn't have to deal with garrisoning the region or dissent. It's a win-win for both sides).

Also, Revolt risk in core territory doesn't happen unless dissent >30% afaik, so you are fine there mighty.

Wang Jingwei was the head of the Nationalist Government in 1933 and a fascist. It is not unbelievable that an alliance between China and Japan could be brokered with Germany as the mediator. That aside, even after WJW falls from power, if Japan, say, offered to return Manchuria nominally to China, that would be a major domestic political win for Jiang Jieshi. Nominal in the sense that administrative control could be given back to China, but Industrial ownership and control would remain Japanese (the natural resources and industry in Manchuria was what Japan was after in order to fuel the industry back home. If Japan returned administrative control to China, they wouldn't have to deal with garrisoning the region or dissent. It's a win-win for both sides).

Also, Revolt risk in core territory doesn't happen unless dissent >30% afaik, so you are fine there mighty.

O RLY?My game as Japan.9 dissent for creation of India and Pakistan.36% revolt risk in Japanese island.Im confused.Those thngs happen only after 1.4.And whats wrong

The Race to Never

473209009-hirohito-of-japan-japanese-army-japanese-military-japanese-soldier.jpg

The Soviets brought reinforcements into Okhotsk. Two Field Marshalls are fighting for the city.
2cxgfiu.jpg

Manchuko's western borders are exposed to the Soviets, more reinforcements are brought in the area day by day.
r2rypy.jpg

Another lost attemp to break into Mongolia. The Soviets are fighting here desperately. They know that the loss of Mongolia will expose them. This country may decide the fate of the whole war.
2z592le.jpg

Victory in Okhotsk.
2prxjzm.jpg

The second battle of Huma. The whole Air Forces of Japan are supporting the attack.
a1s6eq.jpg

34k Soviets paid the price of attacking Manchuko. Huma is ours once again.
5lqh54.jpg

And yet once again, the Soviets reinforced Okhotsk, and once again we got a stunning victory!
30i9i1j.jpg

The Germans decided to attack France from the Low Countries, still, Norway is here.
1zyx5a8.jpg

A yet another attemp to break into Mongolia. This one is lead by Field Marhsall von Falkenhausen.
2yv5o29.jpg

With Huma taken, all that remains from the Soviet occupied Manchuria, Haila'er, is under attack.
so9850.jpg

The Soviets from Ekimchan are retreating to Never. General Nishio came in with an ambitios plan. Conquer Never before the Soviets could reach the city.
el1pxu.jpg

We achieved a quick victory, but now we must race with the Soviets. Never must fall into our hands to be able to capture the Soviet divisions.
vg6ixt.jpg

And in the end, we made it! The city of Never fell .. and after some hours from our arrival, the Hungry and desorganised Soviet troops also arrived in the city just to find the Japanese pointing their guns at them. Not having where to run, they surrendered. With this incredible success, we are finnaly thinking of the end of the war.
mmu83s.jpg

It is great achivement,you did it without German help.And yes,Chinese activity in this war is low,only some counterattacks against reds in Mongolia.And this only because they protect own borders

Looking forward to seeing the bitter peace, and what happens.

(Mongolia and Tuva better not still have a communist cabinet!)

The Liberation of Northern Manchuria

IJA_troops_in_Manchuria.jpg

May 20, 1940. The frontline is getting bigger and bigger. The Transport Capacity is running at maximum.
rrm3hd.jpg

We were glad to see that the Soviets which surrendered at Never, definetely changed the fate of the Far Eastern front. This or the Soviets gave up on this one.
poqhd.jpg

Finnaly, we achieved victory in Haila'er. Northern Manchuria is being liberated.
1smqnm.jpg

The Soviets are heavily outnumbered. Onwards to victory!
neewpk.jpg

Another Soviet division surrendered to our troops.
ixdnj6.jpg

Meanwhile, in Europe, Germany is rolling into France. Yet Norway is still here laughing at them.
k9f7o.jpg

Well, something we didn't expect. Soviet supporters revolted. This will force us to bring more troops from Japan.
2dhhelt.jpg

Italy joined the war against France and UK.
29du2ad.jpg

With this great encirclement, the Soviets will soon realise that they should surrender, as long as we will still accept them at the negotiation table.
2q1dll0.jpg

July 9, 1940. The frontline went out from Manchuria, and now will go into Mongolia!
18dhqp.jpg

Can't belive our eyes! A Soviet succesful counter-attack!
i7361s.jpg

Good news from Europe. France gave up the fighting. All of this while we crushed the Soviets in Borzya.
volp9k.jpg

"Brave" Italy DoW against French metropolia,yay.Not bad defence in Far-East.How many divs Quomintang China have?

Can You keep the war until early 1940, just to make it easier to Germany roll into the soviet soil?

I will try not to wait for Barbarossa...as I said, I want my own peace treaty, not one dictated by a Germany which just marched without a fight to Moscow thanks to me.

how many soviets divisions can be seen in your intel?

Offensive in Mongolia

MNRA_soldiers_1939.jpg

July 14, 1940. After the fall of France, Germany started a diplomatic offensive in Europe and in Asia.
Mussolini and Hirohito were invited by Hitler to sign the Tripartite Pact ... something which at first we didn't want, looking at how inefficent the German soldiers are in Norway, how harder they took France, and having to ally with the Soviet Union to crush Poland ... but in the end, the Emperor thought better, and some more allies wouldn't harm. We joined the Tripartite Pact.
2elgjsy.jpg

With this ocassion, we destroyed the Soviet rebels from Gavan.
2573zhg.jpg

While the Manchurians won a stunning victory in Nezametny, we started the long-waited offensive in Mongolia. Both from East and South.
24ffzhk.jpg

Seeing how hard the Soviets are defending, we brought more reinforcements, only to see the same Soviet will of not giving up on Mongolia.
33kaejb.jpg

July 23, with the Soviets more concentrated on the Eastern border of Mongolia, General Tojo managed to breakthrough in the South!
2a8qck1.jpg

But soon, a Soviet counter-offensive has started, which forced Tojo to retreat.
23ragjq.jpg

Choibalsan is finnaly looking like falling!
nyxwsx.jpg

We were shocked to see that the Soviets refused to retreat ... after this disastrous defeat, the Soviets will never recover. Mongolia is as good as lost.
The Soviets prisoners reported that Stalin himself ordered them to not retreat, no matter the cost, or else, they will be shot ... what a poor strategy. Can't belive that they are still resisting!
2rw96kz.jpg

The battle on the icy far-eastern regions of Siberia have started.
2cooe9i.jpg

Perfect .. the Germans are so incopetent that they can't even defend themselves.
A good ally indeed.
2liu32t.jpg

The battle of Kalakan! Fewer and fewer soldiers are met on the front.
30u2rv8.jpg

The battle of Verkhoyansk ended with us victorios .. but the causualties were so high and the gain so low that we are starting to feel bad to start a war on these non-human regions.
3450rgn.jpg

The spirits have calmed after the victory in Kalakan.
2w5vr5k.jpg

Japanese-Chinese joint operation in Ulanbator .. surely it ended with victory. Mongolia, such an important country for the Soviet, is about to be conquered. All of the Siberian important cities will be exposed to us after that!
j6hif7.jpg

August 20, 1940. The front. Our strategists are starting to belive that Stalin will sue for peace these days.
2ahz9mu.jpg

Hold the line.Almost sure, German AI will DoW against Sovs somewhere in April