• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Ericafaq: Then let's do this and get bored to death. -_-
@NikephorosSonar: The Manchurians are the ones with Militia. I built only infantry and mountain divisions.
Those from the battle of Gavan I think they are my only Militias, which I got in the beginning.

Wait, I saw Tojo in Manchuria and in China :blink: !

Victory before Barbarossa! What are the victory conditions? I take it you won't have to go all the way to Moscow.

Mighty and AAR Readers

Im transfered WIF mod under 1.4 patch standarts.Sorry,im did it alone and there may be some bugs.But,if anyone interested i can post it

Wait, I saw Tojo in Manchuria and in China :blink: !

Victory before Barbarossa! What are the victory conditions? I take it you won't have to go all the way to Moscow.

Yes, there is a photo showing Manchuria with Tojo's troops selected, but if look closely, you can see that he's ordered to attack Yulin. He was in China here, he never was in Manchuria in this timeline.

Conditions : Ulan Bator, Tuva, Vladivostok, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Ust-Kut, Chita, Blagoveshchensk, Khabarovsk.

@Ericafaq: Why not?

Last edited:
The Soviet Invasion of China

Soviet_soldiers_at_stalingrad.PNG

December 4, 1939. The Communist governament has surrendered. The Nationalists can finnaly focus on the war against the Soviets. They held a cermoney to honor Tojo's courage and sacrifice.
Meanwhile in Europe, Germany declared war to Norway.
250k101.jpg

The same day, we lost the battle for Qota. The Soviets must be mad..
ny9y5z.jpg

The Soviet counter-offensive in Elban is raging on. If we lose this battle, we can no longer bring help to Gavan.
5klyd5.jpg

December 7, the day which brought us to reality. Manchuko is threatened directly by the Red Army! Wulanahote is lost, and this forced us to evacuate Huma to avoid a deadly encirclement. All of this wouldn't happened if we didn't try to attack Mongolia.
The Soviet Tanks are almost unstoppable, and as long as we have no tanks, this is a big problem.
3451xlg.jpg

The next day we were happy to hear about a great victory in Kuybyshevka. 32k dead Soviet soldiers.
2hfkqb4.jpg

Finnaly! The battle who might just decided the fate of the Far Eastern Front! 51k Soviets killed...and the most important thing, we captured the Gavan airport, from which we can support the offensives.
2mfyi5v.jpg

Finnaly, we managed to hold out the Soviets in Manchuria! Butehaqi remains in our hands.
9i72vo.jpg

With the victory in Gavan, the Soviets gave up their attack on Elban, knowing that they are exposed.
2wf2tmo.jpg

December 25, looks like the Soviets launched a winter offensive into China! We immediately responded to this attack.
2rnvigx.jpg

As the Soviets reached the city Wulanhaote, we launched a counter-offensive! Bet they didn't expect this.
f21lqg.jpg

The Soviet invasion of China is stalled, and even pushed back a bit. Wulanhaote is again under our control. This was the first step of pushing the Soviets out of Manchuria.
1620c36.jpg

Took some time to the Soviets ... but in the end, they occupied Huma. The front is stabilized for now.
2mql0me.jpg

I dont think that you can save front line at least before winter from 1940 to 1941.I guess reds will be at August 1945 borders.With 900 manpower and 18 diss.And yes,what about sov manpower.In 1945 AAR,after defeats from Germany they lost manpower to 0

Well, the situation isn't that bad as it may look. I'm reinforcing the Manchurian front, the Soviets are outnumbered in China, and I'm just at the Partial Mobilization. The Dissent problem, yes, that's a big problem and I have a big revoltrisk in the Far East. Still, I'm confident.

18 dissent? That's. Crazy. Where did you get that much?

Regarding the Sino-Japanese alliance - I don't really know if it was plausible. Did the developers really mean to bring this to 1.04? What's the rationale behind it?

I did a '36 game with Japan once, beat China, release the puppet, then went to war against the Soviets in September 1939. Captured the Far East, but just couldn't comprehend why the Germans refused to attack the Soviets in 1941... I guess the event only fires if the Soviets are at peace...

I got the dissent from the Partial Mobilization and events ...
The Sino-Japanese alliance I think it's a good idea. Nationalist China was having problems with Communist China. The Japanese offering their help to unite the nation in change of an alliance could be realistic. And I'm sure as hell that the Nationalists were willing for a revenge for the Soviet intervention in Xinjiang.
And, as for the Barbarossa, I checked in the events, and as I remember, it does not mention that if the Soviet Union is at war with someone else, the decision wouldn't work. Still, I saw games in which the Germans just refused to attack USSR ...maybe now with the new patch it wouldn't happen.

The Sino-Japanese alliance I think it's a good idea. Nationalist China was having problems with Communist China. The Japanese offering their help to unite the nation in change of an alliance could be realistic. And I'm sure as hell that the Nationalists were willing for a revenge for the Soviet intervention in Xinjiang.

Uniting the nation? Manchuria is still occupied by their brand new ally! How quickly the Chinese forget 1895 and 1931...
The KMT was struggling to maintain its legitimacy. I don't think they were very keen to fight any war at all. Or did they choose the "lesser evil"?

Uniting the nation? Manchuria is still occupied by their brand new ally! How quickly the Chinese forget 1895 and 1931...
The KMT was struggling to maintain its legitimacy. I don't think they were very keen to fight any war at all. Or did they choose the "lesser evil"?

Well, that's a good point. Going with the point that the Xinjiang intervention happend after the fall of Manchuria, and seeing the Communism a bigger threat .. they would choose to go with Japan. Mongolia and Xinjiang + the other nations encircling the Nationalists are much more worth than Manchuria .. which could more better fit in friendly hands, than into the Communists hands.

Just wondering but isn't Novorsibirsk(not sure that's the way it's written) a bit too far awy?Anyway nice aar.
Also from a role-playing view,even though Japan and China are allied at the moment doesn't mean that they will be allied forever.When the Soviets fall they could eventually attempt to retake Manchuria.Something like the first and second Balkan war,in the first one every one teams up against the Ottomans,in the second one they end up fighting each other.

Just wondering but isn't Novorsibirsk(not sure that's the way it's written) a bit too far awy?Anyway nice aar.
Also from a role-playing view,even though Japan and China are allied at the moment doesn't mean that they will be allied forever.When the Soviets fall they could eventually attempt to retake Manchuria.Something like the first and second Balkan war,in the first one every one teams up against the Ottomans,in the second one they end up fighting each other.

Yeah, Novorsibirsk is far, but if we can manage to get Mongolia, which the Soviets are desperate to keep, the way could be opened.
And about that alliance, I can't stay it's a stable one. Everything can happen if we win the war.

Soviet Failure in China

japmanila.jpg

With the airport of Gavan in our hands, all the Japanese air forces were supporting the attack on Sofiysk!
2r2wvfp.jpg

And in one week, the Soviets pulled out from the city after losing 33k soldiers.
2q80b3n.jpg

The Soviets got a signifiant amount of territory in China.
357hyc0.jpg

The front is huge, but fragile. The both sides can win this war. If we do the same mistake as from the invasion of Mongolia and then the loss of Northern Manchuria, we are surely doomed to defeat.
9s9kxg.jpg

Tojo tried to invade Mongolia from South, but when he saw that the situation was starteg to get wrong, he pulled back his troops. No reaction from the Soviets. He showed us that the Manchurian disaster could've been avoided with some knowledge on when to retreat.
65ai6s.jpg

Once more, the Soviets are trying to invade China.
2zhmccg.jpg

February 27, Sino-Japanese joint (don't you think of these things) offensive. The Soviets will have to retreat.
1z1em1z.jpg

Eventually, we won, but we were amazing on how many casualties the Soviets inflicted us .. Their artillery is very useful.
b67uk1.jpg

The Soviets started a counter-offensive in Sofiysk. The Air Forces are doing their job, supporting the defense.
2u9gvn4.jpg

March 12, 1940. The Soviet invasion of China has failed. The Chinesee did their job well...and now, we should be the ones attacking on the Chinesee front.
96kxh5.jpg

The battle of Sofiysk was won, the Soviets lost more than 30.000 soldiers in their attempt of taking the city.
28k3mh3.jpg

Immediately, after seeing the Soviet losses, the Japanese launched an attack into Nykolayevsk.
2eq54pc.jpg

And meanwhile in Europe, the Germans are still trying to achieve victory in Norway. We are more and more dissapointed. We are starting to belive that we will have no allies in this whole world.
29z3kue.jpg

--------------------------------

DUDE! I swear it's harder to write those Russian cities names than fighting the Soviets.

What about using CAS (or producing them to use later) and so crush the retreating soviet armies?

Last edited:
I really should think twice before suggesting some obvious things :X

Offensive in the Far East

Japanese_artillery_soldiers_with_gas_masks_Changsha_1941.jpg

The battle of Ekimchan. The big offensive the whole Empire was waiting has begun!
2lw829j.jpg

Nikolayevsk is also being attacked.
2a5hlhy.jpg

14k Japanese soldiers has fallen for Nikolayevsk. A big sacrifice, but at least we have the upper hand on that front.
2dc5n3k.jpg

Ekimchan has fallen! 50k Soviets were killed, quite a revenge I say.
2vhvtih.jpg

Now that we have the right flank secured, we can try to get back the city of Blagoveshchensk.
zo8jl.jpg

Being confident on the succeses on the Far East Front, we launched an attack in Northern Manchuria.
2qsuhc0.jpg

Unfortunately, this proved to be a mistake. Haila'er is protected by Soviet tanks, we had to retreat, thus not allowing the Soviets to counter-attack.
2r4shlz.jpg

Blagoveshchensk is again under our control. 50k Soviet soldiers confirmed dead.
10yhnde.jpg

Sadly, we couldn't achieve victory in Huma. We pulled back, but we are afraid of a counter-attack.
9qvbe0.jpg

Tojo, together with the Chinesee are trying once again to break into Mongolia.
j8irr5.jpg

Nikolayevsk is liberated, a counter-attack was attempted by the Soviets, ending with a failure.
14ahppy.jpg

Ekimchan is also liberated, and while we still have the upper hand, we attacked Okhotsk, limiting the losses as better as possible. Are the Soviets giving up this front? That wouldn't be wise, because we can no longer use the Air Forces here.
20f6phf.jpg

You better cancel all production plans and shot down dissident.You can get national revolt risk on Japanese main island
PS concept attack on Central Siberia way,dont lose time on piece of ice like Okhotsk,Magadan and etc

No no, as you can see I have lots of money, I'm gonna spend them investing in national research, lowering the dissent, and also use the decision of War Propaganda. I can't close my production.
And those ice regions, I'm not gonna give up on them as long as the Red Army occupies them. I can't afford the risk of being encircled. I'll take the whole East coast if needed.