• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No
In 1942 USA will DoW to Ger and Jap manully

There's no more Pearl Harbor for us, so I don't see the reason of USA attacking me as long as I'm not in the Axis.

Chapter II:
War In Siberia

The Zhenbao Incident

l.jpg

August 29, 1939. The time has finnaly come to attack the Reds! It is time for get revenge for all their stupid attacks on the border. It is time for the Sun to rise in Siberia!
zwmglw.jpg

On the day of 29, Emperor Hirhohito gave a speech to his army in Manchuria.

Great soldiers of the Empire! It is finnaly the time to avenge the fallen soldiers from the so called incidents provoked by the Bolsheviks!
Some of you may not survive, but always remember this, my soldiers, you go to the battlefield with the idea of liberating a corrupt country led by murderers. They killed their own generals, their own people. So many Russians are waiting us to bring them freedom and security. The bolshevism only brought suffering and death, this is why the Soviet Union is a threat to the world. BUT ONLY WE ARE CAPABLE OF DEALING WITH THIS! Not the Germans, not the AMERICANS, not the BRITISH! They are afraid, we are brave. They will never thank us, you know why? Because the Communism will not have the chance of taking over the world and they will never know from what we saved them! Remember this, you are not only doing this for me, for the people of Japan, or for Japan. You are doing this for the whole world.
And now, my brave soldiers! BRING THE SUN INTO SIBERIA !

103h2dk.jpg

After 2 weeks from the Japanese declaration of war, the fighting officialy begun when Emperor Hirohito went to Nanjing to discuss with the Nationalists.
He offered them the Japanese arms to unite the whole China. And so, all the little Chinesee countries encircling the Nationalists accepted the offer of joining the war against the Communism. The Chinesee are finnaly united, and thanks to Emperor Hirohito who brought them to a single objective, destroy the Communism in Asia. And so, the United China have joined the war against the Soviet Union, this was following by the Japanese declaration of war against Communist China. The Japanese army will support an offensive into the Communist forts.
30jiolk.jpg

A huge front is formed. The first objectives! Take Vladivostok and destroy the Communists in China.
1zx2dk.jpg

And so, the battles have started, surely followed by a first Japanese victory! 7k Russians killed.
axlaip.jpg

Another victory, this might be an attempt to encircle Vladivostok!
2ur3uoy.jpg

Victory in Vladivostok, and not only just here. The Russians were surely not prepared for this! They are weak, they don't have the will of fighting! This might end sooner than expected!
neuz35.jpg

Unfortunately, the Soviets won their first battle. We couldn't defeat them in Okha.
dmtqvt.jpg

And just as expected, the Soviets launched a counter-attack. Immediate reinforcements are called to the island!
6tgx1e.jpg

A disaster, the Marines were crushed! 10k soldiers are taken as prisoners, the reinforcements didn't arrive in time!
2e1cd47.jpg

In response of this, we forced the surrender of a whole Soviet division! 65k Soviet prisoners!
6pp2fa.jpg

Last edited:
If it is possible to edit it, you may want to have CHC (Communists) annex CGX (Guangxi), SIK (Xinjiang), and CSX (Shanxi Clique) for historical reasons. SIK was a puppet of USSR, while CGX and CSX were vehemently anti-Japanese cliques. There's also some events you can trigger that simulates Communist rebels rising up in Manchuria in DHF from the disabled Sino-Soviet war chain if you want extra challenge.

There's no more Pearl Harbor for us, so I don't see the reason of USA attacking me as long as I'm not in the Axis.

I wasnt member of axis.In 1942 i got message "WAR!"USA declarated war on us.No events,AI trigger.Same against Ger

If it is possible to edit it, you may want to have CHC (Communists) annex CGX (Guangxi), SIK (Xinjiang), and CSX (Shanxi Clique) for historical reasons. SIK was a puppet of USSR, while CGX and CSX were vehemently anti-Japanese cliques. There's also some events you can trigger that simulates Communist rebels rising up in Manchuria in DHF from the disabled Sino-Soviet war chain if you want extra challenge.

Is that your additions for Chinese in 1.4?Why in 1937 red Chinese have only 4-5 divisons.In 1.3 they got more than 25

I haven't played as Japan but choosing to go North stop the US from joining the war against Germany?

The reason for Pearl Harbor was due to the economic embargo the United States imposed upon Japan for it's attack on China. The United States had economic interests in the region and demanded Japan stop hostilities. If there were no hostilities to begin with, and if Japan attacked the USSR (which had just recently normalized relations and was still considered 'the enemy' by some), there would be no reason for embargos, and no reason for pearl harbor. Therefore, the north strike chain disables pearl harbor.

I wasnt member of axis.In 1942 i got message "WAR!"USA declarated war on us.No events,AI trigger.Same against Ger

I don't know about any hardcoded AI triggers, I'm personally against hardcoded things like that, but others in the DH team favored such things (ex. why the Sino-Soviet war chain was disabled). If they exist, you can disable them by deleting the AI event file for the country.

Is that your additions for Chinese in 1.4?Why in 1937 red Chinese have only 4-5 divisons.In 1.3 they got more than 25
No I did not add the things I suggested Mighty do to 1.04, but I did create the additions for China that is seen in 1.04, and Dwaine contributed the North Strike events/research. The Red Chinese OOB is historically accurate, I had to painfully go through Chinese sources to compile them. Again if you want additional challenge, there is a event in the disabled Sino-Soviet war event file (db/events/china/invasion of xinjiang or something like that, I don't have a copy of the game on my current computer) about the future of Manchukuo even for Japan where if Japan chooses to keep it, communsts rebels revolt.

After you crush the communist cykas, will PuYi get his loved Outer Manchuria back?

Manchuria.png

Or you will give it to a Puppet state? :v

Two mistakes in AAR
1-posts in style "emperor decided" Hirohito was under control by officers and elders council.Change style,please
2-Russians(posts about USSR)True russians in Manchuria and support you,you against reds without faith

In another things,great AAR

Hirohito could make that decision, yes. The idea that the militarists were the real power in Japan, and Hirohito was just a figurehead, is a myth. Remember what the militarists wanted in the first place- for the Emperor to take a more direct role in the government! Tojo's cabinet was in constant communication with Hirohito, with memos going back and forth every day. While I agree Hirohito was not particularly assertive and mostly went along with his cabinet's decisions, that doesn't change the fact that he was in fact the most powerful man in Japan and would have made these sorts of decisions. Had Hirohito wanted to attack Russia instead of China, then that's what would've happened.

The actual mistake is having Hirohito give a speech to the troops in the first place- the first time any common Japanese person heard him speak was when Japan surrendered- and most people couldn't understand him anyway, because he spoke extremely archaic, aristocratic Japanese. Of course, it's not really a big deal!

Lookin' good so far, Migthy. What will you do once the Bear topples?

Two mistakes in AAR
1-posts in style "emperor decided" Hirohito was under control by officers and elders council.Change style,please
2-Russians(posts about USSR)True russians in Manchuria and support you,you against reds without faith

In another things,great AAR

As Eric said, the Emperor was the most powerfull man in Japan. The Emperors in Japan were considered as Gods, that's why the Americans were friendly to him. They knew that the people were listening to him unconditionaly. In my AAR, Hirohito is the indisputed boss.
Well, the second point, yea'. I called them Soviets, but sometimes to avoid repetition, I called them Russians. Sorry for that.

@Eric: I wanted Hirohito to give the speech because as you and I said, he's the most powerfull man in Japan, and a speech made by him would inspire the troops. And about Tojo, he's not even in the cabinet, he's not like in the real timeline. He's just a Lt. General on the Mongolian front.
If I defeat the Soviets, I have some great ideas. Anyway, I doubt that the Germans will defeat the Soviets, they can't even defeat Norway, omg. You'll see in the next updates. They are very incapable.

Hard victories, easy defeats.

Zx7tV.jpg

October 3, more than one month has passed from the declaration of war against the Soviet Union. Not big offensives were made, but still, we got Vladivostok, and now the battle of Khabarovsk is raging on, the toughest battle from the start .. still, the Manchurians are proving themselvs capable of fighting together with our Army!
2jcsp4g.jpg

Kuybyshevka is liberated by Lt. General Toda.
1zc2vmg.jpg

While a yet another big battle is raging on the Soviet front, the Communists in China are making a great effort of resisting! They expect to be saved by the Soviets? No problem. Japanese divisions led by Tojo are sent to that front.
28u00f7.jpg

We avenged the surrender of the Japanese Marine division against the Soviets in Okha! Our comrades were liberated, and now they are in charge of the prisoner camp where they are held the Soviets from Okha. Payback's a b****, isn't it?
r9k7eh.jpg

The whole Southern Soviet front has fallen!
16genwp.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks like the Soviets brought reinforcements from Europe, and we are the ones responsible for this. We gave them 1 month with barely no fighting... and now they are launching a counter-offensive on the city of Kuybyshevka.
k13pqx.jpg

And while the battle of Kuybyshevka is definetely lost, we got an astonishing victory in Elban...well, more like a pyrrhic victory.
wqr95d.jpg

15k Japanese soldiers KIA, we will avenge this embarassing defeat.
bhzu6a.jpg

Well, that's a sign which is showing how desperate are the Soviets! They are bombing their former cities! Killing Russians who accepted the Japanese army in their city. That's how much the Soviets love their people!
eqe8g6.jpg

2 Months from the beginning of the conflict. The Soviets are launching another offensive operation.
2ywyejm.jpg

November 2, Tojo is ordered to attack the city of Yulin, controlled by the Communist Chinesee....and all of this, while the Soviets have won another battle, Blagoveshchensk, a city we won so hard was lost so easy...
qmxkqw.jpg

Yulin fell in one week, and now the battle for the Communist capital is raging on.
2cx6jbn.jpg

Something is tellin' me that the operation barbarossa in this timeline will be a lot easier to Germany....

The Soviet Invasion of Manchuria

tumblr_naj4jshQxe1rwjpnyo1_500.jpg

Soviet counter-attack in Tetyukhe!
29e59gx.jpg

In response of this, we launched an attack in Mongolia!
9a46mr.jpg

And after just 5 days of fighting, we had to pull back from Mongolia! Our biggest failure from the beginning of the war, and not just because we lost, the thing is that the Soviets are launching a massive counter-attack into Manchuria! Haila'er is about to fall.
2jd0v37.jpg

And, finnaly some good news. Okha is liberated. The island is ours!
259oi.jpg

The Soviet has crossed into Northern China! They want to get to their allies. This forced us to focus on the Communist front. We must destroy the Communist governament before they could link with the Soviets.
2z908z5.jpg

More Soviet troops are getting into China, this time from Xinjiang!
2q2lqqe.jpg

Disaster! Haila'er is occupied by the Soviets! The Manchurians refused to retreat with our troops and instead, they surrendered to the Red Army!
The State of Manchuko has been invaded.
15ot7h1.jpg

Yan'an has fallen to Tojo's troops! He is will be promoted as a General after the surrender of the Communists.
2hcqavc.jpg

Kubyshevska is lost ...
2eq7uk2.jpg

After the victory in Haila'er, the Soviets are more confident than ever, they are launching an offensive in Qota.
29wamb9.jpg

After 3 months of war, the battle of Gavan is the biggest one, this battle will determine the fate of the Far Eastern Front.
166d4wh.jpg

Last edited:
Soviets cant defeat Finland.But they can defeat Sino-japan alliance,so logical...

PS You better use 1939 incedent decision in 1941

That war ain't over.
And no, using the event in 1941 is not a challange, and after all, I want to beat them before Operation Barbarossa. I want my own peace treaty, not one dictated by Germany.

Challenge?I got achivement in Steam or what?Game giving opportunites to get victory,so better use them

So militia spam is still effective?