• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know its been a while. But could it be possible to have a look at your HOI4 conversion? I read you changed some stuff up and would like to take a look at it for my own conversion later on.

Anyway great read and thx for the effort

Sadly I don't have the file anymore; but I will say the majority of the work I ended up doing was via savegame editing from what I remember - I wiped all the buildings, infrastructure, etc and manually did those using console and instant construction cheat; I adjusted the tech of every nation to what I thought made sense with their level of development, I adjusted manpower levels after the first two test runs because they were far too high, etc.

The main changes I remember making to the mod itself were making factories more expensive [to prevent spam] and cutting out certain focus tree elements that didn't fit the way I wanted war declarations to play out. There was a lot of trial and error while playing to fix various annoyances though, both with game balance flaws and AI diplomacy misbehavior. It all depends how specific you want things to go though; I already had the frame of this story planned out (minus the results; I adapted to how the war played out) so I had to make sure things didn't get too crazy.

Well, it took me a while to find my way back, but it was worth the wait. A spectacular ending to a spectacular megacampaign.

The thread still seems to be alive but dormant. If you’re still noting things @Centurial then I just wanted to say bravo on this HOI4 part of the grand/mega campaign. @stnylan (thanks my friend :)) put me onto it when I asked him for HOI4 AAR recommendations (I’m just learning the game, coming from a long-time HOI3 background).

While I haven’t gone through the previous parts, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this run through. Especially when the main war was in the balance, it was very tense and riveting, but even when things turned for Livonia and it’s allies, your presentation and narrative descriptions always kept things interesting.

I liked the American-Japanese ‘bonus story’ at the end, and the thought that went into the post-game chapters at the end to round out your world as it approached more modern times. Thanks for the read. If I ever decide to do a GC/MC I’ll look to your wider work as an inspiration. But for now, just congrats on finishing it in such style. :)