• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kaczynskisatva

Second Lieutenant
Sep 2, 2021
As far as I can tell, the opinion malus for being a "Known Murderer" does not stack as I am discovered attempting to murder new, additional victims. The opinion malus for ruthlessly executing my vanquished opponents in a duel, however, does stack.

The result of this, is that it is entirely manageable to have my vassals a little skeptical of me if I'm known for shamelessly murdering my way through them like the uppity swine they are, smothering little Dukes with pillows and nudging comely, ample-bosomed young Duchesses through the railings of their balconies.

But, if I decide to instead cut my way through my list of enemies by challenging them to a duel of honor, giving them a fair shot, beating them, and then killing them, honestly and transparently?

That's just unacceptable!

Clearly, something not very logical is going on here, which, like all illogical things, prejudices new players who do not have experience or autistic wiki-reading to fall back upon, and must simply navigate according to what seems reasonable. I can't necessarily say if this means that the "known murderer" malus should stack for separate victims, or if the "dishonorable" (or whatever it's called) should not stack for separate duel executions, but it's patently absurd that my vassals strongly prefer to be murdered in their sleep over dying in honorable combat, in which they had a fair shot at turning the tables (or equal opportunity to sabotage the duel) and which they could have refused to engage in if they had felt so inclined.

Which is worse?

Upvote 0