• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xb.

Sergeant
76 Badges
Nov 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Some issues arise in mp gameplay - not playing with friends, but rather in a "semi competitive" environment

Mega-Polyreme - in our game we have a Phrygia with dedicated naval vasal which took a fitting idea path.
- Issue with these ships is the option to destroy forts - any sea tile defense is useless against that mechanic - players spend ~50 gold + 2 years building time per fort in comparison to a boat just sailing up and causing destruction with a click not having any real cost to it. Larger nations may be able to compete with navies, but smaller nations are just screwed by that.
- It changes the gameplay abit to eu4 which is a nice addition, but instead of complete destruction I would rather find a damage mechanic more useful. A damage mechanic allowing to rebuild later if possible and not causing an "insta loss" of a lvl 4 fort. A reduction of one level or some kind of timer not tied to per siege would be fine aswell.
-The current mechanic makes sea tile citys too easy to destroy/raid.

Rivers
- if a strait is controlled by a fort or even a fort on both sides enemy ships shouldnt just be able to sail/row freely along rivers. A fort should block movement in that case. I measured the witdh of some modern rivers like the "Donau" and "Nile" - they might be bigger or smaller nowadays, but it was around 200 - 700m at some crossing points. I don't think nations would let fleets/armies freely ship along without engaging or blocking them.

Reproduction of people
- I noticed families just die of nowadays - back in the day it wasnt that hard to get a 10-20+ heads family from conquering - in mp games and sp I havent found a single +3 family lately. I guess something has changed and heard it has to do with jobs and personal wealth, but I dont think that would stop alot of people from breeding. I guess forcing the player to make some decisions for the close relatives isnt bad, but not on a bigger scale. The reproduction rate has to be increased.

Reactions: