• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

xb.

Corporal
62 Badges
Nov 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Some issues arise in mp gameplay - not playing with friends, but rather in a "semi competitive" environment

Mega-Polyreme - in our game we have a Phrygia with dedicated naval vasal which took a fitting idea path.
- Issue with these ships is the option to destroy forts - any sea tile defense is useless against that mechanic - players spend ~50 gold + 2 years building time per fort in comparison to a boat just sailing up and causing destruction with a click not having any real cost to it. Larger nations may be able to compete with navies, but smaller nations are just screwed by that.
- It changes the gameplay abit to eu4 which is a nice addition, but instead of complete destruction I would rather find a damage mechanic more useful. A damage mechanic allowing to rebuild later if possible and not causing an "insta loss" of a lvl 4 fort. A reduction of one level or some kind of timer not tied to per siege would be fine aswell.
-The current mechanic makes sea tile citys too easy to destroy/raid.

Rivers
- if a strait is controlled by a fort or even a fort on both sides enemy ships shouldnt just be able to sail/row freely along rivers. A fort should block movement in that case. I measured the witdh of some modern rivers like the "Donau" and "Nile" - they might be bigger or smaller nowadays, but it was around 200 - 700m at some crossing points. I don't think nations would let fleets/armies freely ship along without engaging or blocking them.

Reproduction of people
- I noticed families just die of nowadays - back in the day it wasnt that hard to get a 10-20+ heads family from conquering - in mp games and sp I havent found a single +3 family lately. I guess something has changed and heard it has to do with jobs and personal wealth, but I dont think that would stop alot of people from breeding. I guess forcing the player to make some decisions for the close relatives isnt bad, but not on a bigger scale. The reproduction rate has to be increased.

Reactions: