• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PikeStance

"Your ally now threatens us"
55 Badges
Oct 26, 2014
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
First I would like to say it is a nice gesture to recognize your purchases.
I noticed in the last update of the forum that everything is so small including the avatars.

With the number of base games available, maybe the system should just recognize just the base games. As it is right now, the badges look like balls of color.

My 0.02

They always* had this size.

*at least since the time I entered this forum

They have always been that size, yes.

We could make them bigger but it would mean we'd display fewer and I'd have to convince the designers to redo 250+ icons to something a bit bigger and, well, that's not something I think I'll be able to do ;)!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't recall the badge this small but I supposed I might be mistaken, but the avatar definitely looks smaller.

We could make them bigger but it would mean we'd display fewer and I'd have to convince the designers to redo 250+ icons to something a bit bigger and, well, that's not something I think I'll be able to do ;)!

I do not see anything near 250 images. It would only be the base games. e.g. CK2, Ck3, HOI2, HOI3, HOI4, IR, EU3 EU4, etc

As it is right now, you get DLCs and you get double badges if you buy the "Delux" version of the game. The thing is, it looks like the cut-off point for displaying any badges. If you have 102, 102 do not display. Some of the badges you display do not have a mouse-over message, so I have no idea what they are for.

Anyway, the notion is very nice. Il2 Sturmovik does the same thing on their forum as well.

Well, for starters, it'd be nice if we could have the missing ones.

I don't recall the badge this small but I supposed I might be mistaken, but the avatar definitely looks smaller.
On that, i think you have a point, possibly.

I understand that the badges are smaller, I removed the DLC ones from my profile.
But could we have the avatars as big as they were a few years ago? I always liked about this forum that you can see the origin of a user by the avatar shield, but now its just somewhat too small in my opinion.

Or maybe its just me and I finally need some glasses? :D

I understand that the badges are smaller, I removed the DLC ones from my profile.
I didn't know you could do that. It looks so much better; not so cluttered as before. Though it would be nice to actually see what it is.

I always liked about this forum that you can see the origin of a user by the avatar shield
There's no correlation between the avatar and the origin of a user, albeit in many cases they might coincide. But in these cases it's explicitly the user's choice.

I always liked about this forum that you can see the origin of a user by the avatar shield,
Not always... especially considering that some, like me, like to occasionally switch... although, i haven't done that in a while... :p