• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Armed Avacado

Second Lieutenant
48 Badges
Mar 23, 2018
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I just got this random event in the very beginning, right after I landed my rocket. I keep the game paused, and place construction blueprints to plan out the opening layout. While trying to decide the location for my drone hub, I often place the blueprint, check out other blueprints to look for command range coverage, high-dust areas, and etc, and then delete the blueprint to try another location. This triggered the random event.

It doesn't make sense for the story — a drone has not even reached the location, let alone attempt construction. How could the error be found? It also seems unfairly punishing, because planning while the game is paused ought to be our "safe" time. And it's extremely punishing in the early game, when I absolutely need that prefab in order to accomplish sponsor goals within the time limit. The only choice that would let me keep the prefab also forced me to complete construction, instantly, in the spot I wasn't 100% sure of.

I don't know how these events work from the code side. However, if it's possible, this event would feel better if it triggered at a later stage, such as the moment when a drone first begins construction, or the moment right before construction is complete.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0