• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 9, 2020
Hey so i want to know if anyone else have this issue or is it just me, after patch 10 ( the uncharted land ) the game perfomance just become so unbearable . i played the game from patch 5 and always hit above 60 fps on 4k, but after the patch 10 with the new graphics improvement the game become so badly unstable. i tried to change the game resolution on 1080p and graphics settings on low and still getting 30 fps some goddamn reason.

Can anyone tell me a fix for this nonsense, thanks

3700x
2080 ti
16 gb DDR4

Head to the Nvidia Control Panel and make sure Aftermath64 is running on the High Performance NVIDIA processor, not whatever the "recommendation" is.

Oh, and welcome to the StA forums!

Please uninstall the game in the Epic client, and then delete the folders:

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/IceFlake Studios/

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Note this will delete any saved games; if you have not started a new colony under the current game version then you could not use them anyway. If you had, they are in

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/SavedGames/

Then install the game again and try it.

IF that doesn't help Could you send us your output log and settings file? They can be found in:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\player.log

Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\settings.ini

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please uninstall the game in the Epic client, and then delete the folders:

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/IceFlake Studios/

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Note this will delete any saved games; if you have not started a new colony under the current game version then you could not use them anyway. If you had, they are in

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/SavedGames/

Then install the game again and try it.

IF that doesn't help Could you send us your output log and settings file? They can be found in:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\player.log

Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\settings.ini

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
ok thanks i'll try that