• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GShock

Colonel
34 Badges
Aug 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines
New year, old project, resuming the build of a better map for Sengoku I see steam not launching... I guess my vid card finally died during the holiday... :(

What exactly do you mean by map making? Would you ever be able to make a China map? (If so, we could totally do a 3 Kingdoms Mod... Which would. Be. Epic.)

I am building a much more detailed Japanese map with resources, fertility, rivalries and new sea links to be implemented in the future releases of the Genpei Mod.

That will allow us to force the player and AI take steps to improve diplomacy with rival factions or face wars on redundant attitude penalties over resources/trade/personal rivalries as well as help us play a better game by building a more realistic economy based on semi-historical values grabbed from what I know, what I guess and how other games built their own maps.

Shikoku is done, Kyushu is halfway done.

that sounds sweet G, can we have a go at it? :happy: i'm itching to test it haha :p

PS: it's no longer called Genpei mod, thanks to an infamous someone :rolleyes:

Why is he infamous?

Good job G - you actually modding in the changes or simply making a list so that the infamous one codes them in?

Making the list, as I said I'm not into modding, only testing and research.

I could use a hand on the western part of Honshu because i have serious probs with my laptop and can't pause the game and write the txt for 2 reasons: 1) The laptop overheats and shuts down, 2) I am in windowed mode so every time I move the cursor the map goes somewhere else, 3) I am on 1024*768 res so the map is fully covered with tooltips and infos and it's pretty tough to take a good SS.

Chatnoir has provided me with a white map with kori listed by numbers but I also needed a good SS showing the Kunis and the Terrain These must be zoomed in well enough to read the names or numbers but they are not. I think if you guys help me we'll get somewhere soon enough, the map is super big but I suppose you'd need to see what we have right now in hands so you see what I mean and how to work it out.

From my text file:

Iyo (insert clan Kono)

Uwa - Low fertility
Ikata - Low fertility
Ukena - very low fertility - Iron Mine
Iyo - Medium fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - Sea trade (trade bonus + attitude bonus/malus + events with overseas clan in West Honshu and East/South Kyushu)
Kuwamura - Low fertility - Fishermen (income bonus)
Uma - very low fertility - Iron Mine

Notes: possible interesting situation in which the mines of Ukena and Uma generate negative attitude from all 3 neighboring clans to make them seek conquest.

Tosa (insert Clan Chosokabe)

Hata - Medium fertility
Tosa - Low fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - Wood manufactory - Sea trade (trade bonus + attitude bonus/malus + events with overseas clan in West/South Honshu and East/South Kyushu)
Nagaoka - Medium fertility

Awa (insert clan Miyoshi)

Miyoshi - Low fertility - Capital (trade bonus)
Itano - Medium fertility
Kaifu - Low fertility
Katsuura - Low fertility - sea trade (trade bonus)

Sanuki (Insert clan Sogo)
Toyota - Medium fertility
Utari - Medium fertility
Kagawa - High fertility
Ouchi - Medium fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - Sea trade (trade bonus + attitude bonus/malus + events with overseas clan in West/South Honshu and East/South Kyushu)

Awaji
Mihara - Low fertility
Awaii - Low fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - Pirates (sea trade bonus + negative attitude with bordering clans)
Tsuna - Low fertility

Notes: interesting political development if the negative modifiers trigger attrition with Awa/Sanuki Kunis.

Satsuma
327 - Medium fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - Sea trade (trade bonus)
328 - Low fertility - Capital (trade bonus)
329 - Low fertility
330 - Medium fertility

Notes: The home of the Shimazu in my plans to be separated from Ito and Hongo. This Kuni must be visited very early by the western traders (perhaps the Jesuites arrived here before getting in touch with the Otomo)

Osumi
331 Medium fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - sea trade (trade bonus)
332 Low fertility
333 Low fertility

Notes: To be assigned to the Hongo Clan we may use rivalry in trade with Korea to unleash the Shimazu on the Hongo and vice versa.

Hyuga
325 Low fertility - Wood artisans (trade bonus)
324 Low fertility - Copper mine
326 Medium fertility - Capital (trade bonus) - sea trade (Korea, trade bonus)

Notes: To be assigned to the Ito Clan and build rivalry with Hongo for the copper mine and Shimazu for the trade routes with Korea.

Higo

Bungo

Chikugo

Chikuzen

Hizen

Oki

Tsushima

Iki (have no idea, the SS is not clear and can't read the text, it's the BLUE little island just N of Hizen)

So, when we're done with it we can submit and chatnoir can start implementing it (gonna take some time so if we split and coordinate I say in 2 weeks time we're done).

@GShock:

I already provided screenshots for you here - you missed them?

Edit: Let me know if they are fine or you need also kuni screenshots.

I said I need SS where I can clearly see the geography of each Kuni in terrain view and then an SS with the Kuni view where I can read the name of the Kuni itself.
Small SS (smaller parts of the map) but higher resolution would help me a lot.

Can't help being on this laptop. Also I would appreciate if you looked into what I just wrote above and see how, according to you we can create more flavors through events (personal rivalries and contexted kori for resources). I just basically put down a draft but it's far from being complete even those Kori/Kuni I already did (Shikoku and Souther Honshu).

The personal rivalry could use some history buff, I don't know a lot about that otherwise it's a sort of semi-fantastic and semi-historic set based on logical conclusions.

IE we know the Shimazu were strong warriors but I wouldn't know WHAT to put in their domain to give them a boost. Perhaps start with a swordsman in Satsuma but I, for the moment, started just the basic (fertility, resources and trade). The more people on the job, the faster it goes... especially since I have pc probs.

Thanks GShock!
I will draw a road map with interpreting your data after I finished the conversion of my Divided Clan Mod (80% is done).

Thanks GShock!
I will draw a road map with interpreting your data after I finished the conversion of my Divided Clan Mod (80% is done).

What i would really need is your personal addenda to the list I partially built. Totally sure you have more ideas because you ALSO are the one who will implement them. If you start ADDING stuff to my partial list in Shikoku island it will help me adding other ideas in Kyushu.

I.e. more resources, more building types (to be "textualized" in the provincial upgrades and/or buildings) etc. Very important the strategic importance of the rivalries between characters AND for contested Koris. I.E. A casus Belli can be built between Shoni and Otomo by splitting the lands of the Chikugo Kuni between the 2. The one who doesn't get the title will be aggressive (negative attitude events) towards the other. Now these are the things I need inside the list in Shikoku to proceed with Honshu (and of course, more detailed SS where I can see the names of the Kori/Kuni and a fine detail level of the geography of the region.

Ugh, I thought SS I provided are detailed enough for you to be able to read kori names and see terrain type. I have no problems reading them on my monitor. How detailed aka zoomed in must the SS be?

As for helping you suggest kori specialty input I have no clue - don't have such a knowledge at all, sorry.

Ugh, I thought SS I provided are detailed enough for you to be able to read kori names and see terrain type. I have no problems reading them on my monitor. How detailed aka zoomed in must the SS be?

Let's say you should redo. Split Kyushu in 3 parts from South to North and have North include the small islands. That should do with the zoom for terrain filter. I must be able to see the geography in the finest possible detail in the terrain view, possibly also seeing the names of each kori, all of them (better than the numbers). For the Kuni view splitting it in 2 parts S/North should do. If you crop out the useless details such as the sea or other information windows the area you paste onto the graph program will be detailed AND big enough to see.

As for helping you suggest kori specialty input I have no clue - don't have such a knowledge at all, sorry.

I have little clues either but I suppose we're all in that because history doesn't say much... it deals with politics and battles but not with economics. I would really love to share ideas, I can add a dozen with each time my mind goes at it, for example, start a rivalry between Kikuchi and Hongo when the 2 heirs fall in love with the same woman and both want her as bride. I.e. The son of the master of arts of Otomo dies in suspecting circumstances while reporting to his father about the political situation at the border. Suspicion leads to mutual accusation between 2 clans etc. etc.
What about a mirror supposedly belonging to Amaterasu is found in a river and 2 clan leaders are both willing to fight for its possession... Kobayashi Harabame (fictional name) seems to be the best master bowman of Kyushu and several clans compete to hire him... see possibilities are unlimited. I need your help, guys. We can build a draft composed of ALL our ideas combined together and then its final version will be submitted to Chat for approval and implementing.

I have listed the buildings here.
Please look at that post and comment if you have questions or suggestions.

Any news?