• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
E3? Oh boy, this is gonna be a utter lagfest for the unlucky ones without a beastly computer... But oh well, I guess you just grin and bear it? Still wondering whether will there be a non-E3 version, optimized for those who do not have powerful CPUs or GPUs. Gonna download it now, see whether I got any luck. *Shrugs*

There was some thought of doing this but I would've not been happy with the USSA/Mexican Border after the Summer War. The E3 Mod better suited the borders after the 2nd Mexican/American war, and Great War 2.

Status report #1/Hotfix for 1.00
Hey everyone:
Truth be told, I have no freaking clue what's causing the "coprs-frozen-in-place" bug. I ASSUME it's something to do with the CWTT, but I can't say for certain one way or another.

Anyway, a quick, temporary fix is just to move the units into a new corps. No idea why this works, but it only seems to be the preexisting corps rather than player-created ones.

I SHOULD have it fixed by the next release. Should is the key word, however.

With the AI issues as pointed out earlier, I've got a "hotfix" so to speak; just download the attached files, extract from the .zip files, and place the contents in the appropriate places in your Back in the USSA directory. Always overwrite when asked, BTW.

@077

Hey, boss. That's true and the E3 maps province count can better simulate encirclement and ideological partitions of states. For example, Iran and Red Iran puppeted by the UK/Russia and USSA (respectively) can pretty easily exist on the same map.

@anyone who was having the minister mismatch crashes

Alright, try it now.

Attachments

• ai.zip
    648,7 KB · Views: 78
  • config.zip
    2,7 MB · Views: 79
  • db.zip
    176 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
heres the problem with mine. i cant get pass the initial loading screen

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    566,1 KB · Views: 75
  • savedebug.txt
    343 bytes · Views: 42
Crashing in the loading screen after selecting a country , both on 1.05 and 1.05.1 , with the fix applied. Same error as above as far as I can see , and ignore still make it crash.
Was there a specific thing to do during installation , is the mod for 1.4 ?

I was getting an error loading the game, but that was solved by turning off the unit sprites. Then after picking a country I got

ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) 'db\events\AI\AI_BOL.txt = db\events\AI\AI_AST.txt
event = ' Line = 68 file = Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\db\events.txt

But it seems like adding quotations in the events.txt for the AI Events category at the end of every line seemed to have fixed it for me. For some reason it's just that category that doesn't have full quotations marks.

Uh, just some early observations about my personal early game as the USSA
There's a lot of missing localization, a lot of event descriptions show up as missing as EVT_(insertnumberhere). The first purge event that gives 30 dissent was pretty easy to beat really, because I could just funnel several thousand dollars into public works, that I hoarded from the massive of IC surplus. Also Japan is getting steamrolled in Manchuria right now.

Also as the USSA, I won the Spanish Civil War controlling the Republicans in 3 months, killing off any Nationalist armies in the mainland, but it took another 2 years and a DoW just to get the Republicans to fully annex the Nationalists because of 3 victory points in Spanish Cameroon. Dunno if that's intended but there wasn't any events until they were annexed fully.

Dunno bout the flickering screen bug, but I think that might be tied to resolution or graphics drivers and not the mod itself

PSA about error reports (Read this before posting them)
Don't get me wrong, I really love you guys' feedback and even negative feedback is necessary for the mod's growth, however, I just have one tiny little PSA about said error reports.
I'm not simply asking or requesting nicely, the fact is I NEED YOUR SAVEDEBUG.txt INFO! I CAN'T FIX AN ERROR IF I DON'T KNOW ITS SOURCE!

It's easy enough; in your main DH directory, there's a .txt file called savedebug.txt. After you load up BITUSSA and you get a CTD or even exit of your own volition, either:
- Search for the error in question in savedebug.txt and quote the error(s) in your message
or
- Upload your savedebug.txt file with your post so I can take a look at it

Thank you for reading this, and I'd thank you even more to follow these directions. It makes everyone's lives a whole lot easier.

Don't get me wrong, I really love you guys' feedback and even negative feedback is necessary for the mod's growth, however, I just have one tiny little PSA about said error reports.
I'm not simply asking or requesting nicely, the fact is I NEED YOUR SAVEDEBUG.txt INFO! I CAN'T FIX AN ERROR IF I DON'T KNOW ITS SOURCE!

It's easy enough; in your main DH directory, there's a .txt file called savedebug.txt. After you load up BITUSSA and you get a CTD or even exit of your own volition, either:
- Search for the error in question in savedebug.txt and quote the error(s) in your message
or
- Upload your savedebug.txt file with your post so I can take a look at it

Thank you for reading this, and I'd thank you even more to follow these directions. It makes everyone's lives a whole lot easier.

ok, I think I found the reason as to why your units don't move. anyways I was putting everything in manually and found prior to putting in the scenario files from the mod in the units moved, however when I put the scenario files in the units suddenly stopped moving, so those files are most likely the problem.

Well here's my savedebug file although I haven't had any CTDs since fixing the previous error I mentioned.
ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) 'db\events\AI\AI_BOL.txt = db\events\AI\AI_AST.txt
event = ' Line = 68 file = Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\db\events.txt

But now I'm getting 6 new errors, which I haven't really affected gameplay for me
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'open seas doctrine' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Chief of the Navy') for Jean-Marie Abrial (ID = 5415).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 58744.
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'iron fisted brute' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Foreign Minister') for Dimitrije Ljotic (ID = 100089).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 210677.
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'the cloak n dagger schemer' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Foreign Minister') for Constantin Visoianu (ID = 110219).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 225373.
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'benevolent gentleman' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Head of State') for H.I.M. Dom Pedro III (ID = 165242).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 263259.
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'popular figurehead' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Head of State') for H.M. Elizabeth II (ID = 220189).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 320624.
ERROR : Wrong government position for 'apologetic clerk' personality ('Head of Government' instead of 'Foreign Minister') for Giovanni Cardinal Benelli (ID = 1095025).
'Mods\BITUSSA 1.00\scenarios\save games\USSA_1942_September_9.eug' line 535481.

Anyhow I'm about into 1942 by now, uh I'll just say my observations and what has happened so far, I don't know if I have any problems with my install but I'm running 1.05.1 with the hotfix posted in the forum.
Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia (including Sudetenland) in 1939, but the Czechs immediately pushed the German army north to Berlin, and all in all the Germans lost about 300k men trying to invade, but eventually won. I also find it a bit weird that Germany doesn't have any cores or even claims on Austria or Sudetenland after they are annexed.

Poland and Russia haven't done anything yet.

I stayed peaceful until around 1940 when I got the Mexican Summer War event except the localisation still said Finnish Winter War, I encircled the Mexican army in Texas with a bunch of light tanks and annexed them but there was an UNKNOWN STRING releasable puppet that I assume is a Communist Mexico but also CTDs. The Mexican Empire is still releasable.
Stalin is still present in stuff like the Operation Zet decision.

France declared war on Germany in 1940, by then an AI file failed that I think was something called GermanyAfterPoland but I don't think I saved that error. Either way Germany never invaded Belgium continuing into 1942.
The massive amounts of money that the USSA let me turn France Debist by 1940, but really the USSA just seems to have endless piles of money and production, I usually ended up having like 100 surplus IC just because I didn't want to micromanage or throw it at some more factories or money. The USSA has so much money and industry that my entire army is 100% tanks, hundreds of bombers, and superheavy battleships. If they ever have too much dissent from events or anything, they can just throw money at it.

Regardless, I've just been invading the Chinese United Front because I allied with the Marxist-Orthodox faction. That's been really fun actually, I invaded Portugal through Spain so I could get a base in Macao and Indonesia to invade China from. I've been having fun with that for the past two years.

Hey, but all in all I really do enjoy this mod and the alt-history is pretty solid and nice. I haven't read the books or anything but I am having fun. E3 Map I thought was a good choice since I haven't really played a mod that uses it. I've just lurked around the Paradox forums for years but genuinely, it's great to see a new mod for Darkest Hour.

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    26,3 KB · Views: 19
@UberKremlin

Oh, crap, did I not include the updated minister files for Romania, France, Yugoslavia/Serbia, Brazil, and the Vatican?

Anyway, the source of your problem is an oversight on my part about the ministers' traits not matching up with their positions. That or two ministers occupying the same numerical value. I'm pretty sure I included it the files I uploaded above, but I'll check again.