• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

redsoxfan825

Second Lieutenant
78 Badges
Oct 25, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
the weirdest and most frustrating thing just happened to me.i was the US and i joined the allies as soon as i could.i invaded france after france had fallen to the germans.i kept taking french provinces until i got to one with italian troops helping the defense.i defeated the german troops in the province but the italians didn't participate in combat.there troops just stayed in the province and a message saying that the germans had taken control of the province in question kept coming up repeatdly.so i tried to bomb the italians,unfortunaly i ended up rebasing my air force in the province in question and the airforce was destroyed.so i checked out the diplomatic map and the italians weren't red so they werent at war with me.but it said they were in the axis.weirder yet,i looked at italy's diplomatic description and it said they were in the axis,but it also said that they were at war with germany and all the other countries that were in the axis at the time. :confused: has anyone seen this before?
btw,ihave v1.06c

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Germans must have DoW Italy. While human players do this the AI rarely does this. Anytime that Germany DoWs anyone they automatically join the Allies. Then you have the mess that you describe.

Basically the game can not handle this complicated a situation. The game engine can not handle a three sided situation where A fights G + I while I fights G + A while G fights A + I

Except for editing the game there is no resolution to this situation.

I had the same situation once (in probably 100s of games). AI Germany DOW'ed Italy, and at the same moment, Italy joined Axis. I was Brittain, and couldn't attack the Italians. Probably a bug.

yea,i checked out the history section of the ledger.germany dow'd italy,and like two weeks later italy joined the axis.the thing that sucked about it was that i recieved the dissent penalty when i declared war on Italy :( and i lost that air force.oh well