• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is one of the more interesting KR World Wars I have seen so far

In Europe, the Internationale's New Year offensive has successfully defeated the Austrian Empire which it is poised to continue into Hungry. The Russian Army has been almost completely smashed in a series of encirclements in Europe and attrition in Asia. The German army remains potent but split between the Asian and European fronts leaving what it has along the Oder river insufficient to resist the coming spring offensive. The remnants of the Danish Core under Field Marshal von Leeb continue to resist Internationale attacks forcing Paris to divert the Spanish army, having completed its liberation of Portugal, to Denmark.

1637399601822.png

In East Asia, while Japan has been driven out of Korea and Bejing, it continues to resist attempts to push it out of China entirely, fighting effectively on both Qing and AOG fronts. The declining commitment of the European Imperialists due to the European front seems to have offset Japan's disadvantages in declining manpower and relative industrial inferiority. A new amphibious landing along the AOG's coast may herald the beginning of German interests in China, and should it fall, allow Japan to concentrate its forces on the Qing Front. For all its losses, the Japanese army has survived as an effective fighting force, unlike Russia.

1637400583269.png

In North America, the CSA has thus far managed to frustrate PSA-Canadian attempts at a rapid knockout blow but at the same time has been unable to bring its industrial weight to bear in an effective way. The CSA army, while steadily growing, remains too small to match the needs of the theatre compared to the larger Entente forces. That said, the sheer size of North America has allowed the CSA to maintain an effective frontline for the time being.

1637400279097.png

Calculta has thus far survived the Entente onslaught and maintain a relatively large fighting force but it remains to be seen if it will manage to survive.

1637400384960.png

Meanwhile, the Ottoman Empire (neutral in the European War) seems to be winding down the war in the Middle East.

1637400447945.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
There are three ways to achieve victory in the east.
Usually, you have to capture Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Baku. If Stalin leaves Moscow you also have to capture Sverdlovsk (or Vladivostok).
There is a second path that triggers when you are at peace with the US and UK, so only on one front, and you have captured 35% of their territory and have an overwhelming advantage in numbers of division. This one seems to be your case while looking at the screenshots.
The third way is using nukes if you're curious.

The event in question :

Code:
#########################################################################
#  Sue for peace with the Germans
#########################################################################
event = {
    id = 2007032
    random = no
    country = SOV

trigger = {
        war = { country = GER country = SOV }
        NOT = { ispuppet = GER }
        random = 35
        OR = {
            AND = {
                control = { province = 55 data = -2 } # Paris is controlled by an enemy
                lost_national = { country = SOV value = 35 }
                NOT = { land_percentage = { country = GER value = 0.3 } } #SOV has not enough troops
                NOT = { lost_national = { country = GER value = 7 } } #Germany is not losing national provinces
                NOT = { war = { country = GER country = ENG } } #Germany is concentrated on the Soviet front
                NOT = {    war = { country = GER country = FRA } }
                NOT = { war = { country = GER country = USA } }
                NOT = { war = { country = GER country = ITA } }
            }
            AND = {
                NOT = { control = { province = 553 data = SOV } } # Leningrad
                NOT = { control = { province = 663 data = SOV } } # Stalingrad
                NOT = { control = { province = 572 data = SOV } } # Moscow
                NOT = { control = { province = 713 data = SOV } } # Baku
                NOT = { lost_national = { country = GER value = 7 } } #Germany is not losing national provinces
                OR = { #one of the following must be true
                    local_flag = SOVMoscow  #Stalin remained in Moscow and was captured
                    NOT = { control = { province = 1151 data = SOV } } # Sverdlovsk
                    NOT = { control = { province = 1191 data = SOV } } # Vladivostok
                    AND = {
                        nuked = -1  #was nuked at least once
                        NOT = { nuked = 1 } #SOV never launched nukes
                    }
                }
            }
            AND = {
                NOT = { nuked = 1 } #SOV never launched nukes
                lost_national = { country = SOV value = 15 } #SOV is losing ground
                nuked = { country = GER  country = SOV data = 1 where = 572 } # Moscow nuked
                OR = {
                    nuked = { country = GER  country = SOV data = 8 }#SOV nuked 8 times by GER
                    AND = {
                        nuked = { country = GER  country = SOV data = 1 where = 553 } # Leningrad nuked
                        nuked = { country = GER  country = SOV data = 1 where = 663 } # Stalingrad nuked
                        nuked = { country = GER  country = SOV data = 1 where = 713 } # Baku nuked
                    }
                }
            }                 
        }
    }
That's the thing; I am at war with the UK. Not US; Pearl has not triggered at this point. Thank you for posting the triggers.

It was the same with France; I went through Sedan and straight for Paris. Never managed to capture Brussels, before France gave up and the armistice set in.

Did not assault many other places as well, except for the Netherlands, but not so much of Belgium.

My Fall Gelb took less than 2O days; I used every strong unit to push through Liege and Luxembourg, Sedan, and then Paris. Took me less than a week.

Playing Nicks Mod for the first time, as Japan, this is my first encirclement of a chineese Ai

Attachments

• Nicks Mod Japan 1 - my first encirclement of some 40+ Chineese divisions+.png
    Nicks Mod Japan 1 - my first encirclement of some 40+ Chineese divisions+.png
    573,2 KB · Views: 0
Screenshot from my Mod:

1653305295929.png

Attachments

• 1653304389124.png
    1653304389124.png
    694,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
After hours of agonizing over both ethical and IC efficiency, I've finally settled on Tomorrow's Herald partition plan for the Middle East.

1655803303583.png

The main issue at stake was the independence struggle mechanics (or whatever it's called) which grant IC starved states something to work with even without a native capacity. That capacity is really helpful in giving otherwise useless territory some measure of purpose it wouldn't have in a larger state. That said, not every IC-starved state in KR gets that bonus; Albania, Iraq, and Kurdistan do not get it, but since other states don't have cores on all of Albania I went ahead and liberated it.

I initially didn't release Kurdistan but after practically liberating every excuse for a state I could find I felt rather guilty considering they have more cause for an independent state. I gave it IC-rich provinces while avoiding Turkish border gore. Israel consists only of Tel Aviv and Haifa (which is actually consistent with the basics of the revised Peel Plan) Palestine got Jerusalem and Akko, OTL Lebanon, and Jordan had to lose a few chunks to avoid border gore with Arabia and Syria.

No independent Iraq for the simple reason it doesn't give me any IC bonuses out of thin air like the others do so it might as well be part of the Arab Federation. Flag waver in me is a bit bummed at not giving Israel all its claims but for this Egyptian-Arabian Federation to make sense it really needs the Negev as a land bridge (and there were a lot of OTL attempts to prevent Israel from capturing it in 1948 by Egypt and Britain.) Akko was given to Palestine because it looked better.

OK, it would probably make more sense to give Jordan the West Bank and Akko to Israel and dispense with Palestine, but I'd lose 5 free IC if I did that! The same applies if I didn't create Israel at all in favour of Palestine getting all the provinces. It might seem petty, but those tiny state-lets do produce infantry whereas bigger ones tend to go for vanity projects. I want those divisions to help defend the coast and do garrison duties. Otherwise, I'd give them all to the Arab Federation.

1655801235156.png

I tried to attain the same results in Europe; maximum cores, maximum IC, while taking into account demographic factors and avoiding border gore. Unified Germany, Dutch-Flanders union, greater France, and Federated Baltics were a no-brainer. Poland had to give up a few claims on the Baltics, Germany, and Romania, but I will compensate it at Belarus's expense (which will, in turn, be compensated at Russia's expense) In return for those provinces, Romania enabled an enlarged Hungary to which I also gave a few provinces in Slovakia (wouldn't have a lot of IC otherwise) The Czech's reward is a more manageable Slovakia I guess?

I left Austria in control of all its claims because in the KR timeline I'd imagine most of those areas would be pretty Germanized (South Tyrol still is to this day) by now and I wanted to leave Austria with access to the sea. I gave Bulgaria Macedonia because it looked prettier that way and linguistically they are probably closer than Macedonia is to Serbo-Croat. I should have probably given Southern Dobruja to Romania but it looked terrible and I hate border gore (that weirdly shaped East Prussia is bad enough but that area had a clear Polish majority even in OTL) I am also building them a Mediterranean port in Alexandroupoli.

Poor Yugoslavia had to pay up in land claims to Albania, Bulgaria, and Austria while gaining their claims on Hungary to make this happen. I justify it on the basis of imagining that state as more of a Serbo-Croat union at Bosnia's expense. Less OTL reasons for them to hate each other considering they were both under Austro-Hungarian dominion in recent history. Greece is probably the big winner in the Balkans getting for its trouble most of Thrace, Crete, Cyprus and all its pesky island claims. Turkey gets to keep its European territories on account of giving a few provinces to Kurdistan (won't give Kars to Armenia either)

Denmark lost a plebiscite to Germany over Holstein and is pretty pathetic IC-wise. I am thinking of incorporating it into a Scandinavian Union after I invade it. Switzerland without Geneva is a bit of an eyesore but since nobody else has claims on it and its pretty well armed and mountainous I won't bother it any further. I think my greater France looks better with Geneva and besides, the whole point is to incorporate all French speakers in one state so, of course, I'd have it. I kind of gave Poland some Ukrainian territory to compensate it for what it didn't get as well, guess I will have to compensate them at Russia's expense.

Question is, how will I compensate Russia? That said, considering they are the big baddy in-game, do I even need to?

At any rate, peace in Europe!

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
After hours of agonizing over both ethical and IC efficiency, I've finally settled on Tomorrow's Herald partition plan for the Middle East.

View attachment 852262

The main issue at stake was the independence struggle mechanics (or whatever it's called) which grant IC starved states something to work with even without a native capacity. That capacity is really helpful in giving otherwise useless territory some measure of purpose it wouldn't have in a larger state. That said, not every IC-starved state in KR gets that bonus; Albania, Iraq, and Kurdistan do not get it, but since other states don't have cores on all of Albania I went ahead and liberated it.

I initially didn't release Kurdistan but after practically liberating every excuse for a state I could find I felt rather guilty considering they have more cause for an independent state. I gave it IC-rich provinces while avoiding Turkish border gore. Israel consists only of Tel Aviv and Haifa (which is actually consistent with the basics of the revised Peel Plan) Palestine got Jerusalem and Akko, OTL Lebanon, and Jordan had to lose a few chunks to avoid border gore with Arabia and Syria.

No independent Iraq for the simple reason it doesn't give me any IC bonuses out of thin air like the others do so it might as well be part of the Arab Federation. Flag waver in me is a bit bummed at not giving Israel all its claims but for this Egyptian-Arabian Federation to make sense it really needs the Negev as a land bridge (and there were a lot of OTL attempts to prevent Israel from capturing it in 1948 by Egypt and Britain.) Akko was given to Palestine because it looked better.

OK, it would probably make more sense to give Jordan the West Bank and Akko to Israel and dispense with Palestine, but I'd lose 5 free IC if I did that! The same applies if I didn't create Israel at all in favour of Palestine getting all the provinces. It might seem petty, but those tiny state-lets do produce infantry whereas bigger ones tend to go for vanity projects. I want those divisions to help defend the coast and do garrison duties. Otherwise, I'd give them all to the Arab Federation.

View attachment 852249

I tried to attain the same results in Europe; maximum cores, maximum IC, while taking into account demographic factors and avoiding border gore. Unified Germany, Dutch-Flanders union, greater France, and Federated Baltics were a no-brainer. Poland had to give up a few claims on the Baltics, Germany, and Romania, but I will compensate it at Belarus's expense (which will, in turn, be compensated at Russia's expense) In return for those provinces, Romania enabled an enlarged Hungary to which I also gave a few provinces in Slovakia (wouldn't have a lot of IC otherwise) The Czech's reward is a more manageable Slovakia I guess?

I left Austria in control of all its claims because in the KR timeline I'd imagine most of those areas would be pretty Germanized (South Tyrol still is to this day) by now and I wanted to leave Austria with access to the sea. I gave Bulgaria Macedonia because it looked prettier that way and linguistically they are probably closer than Macedonia is to Serbo-Croat. I should have probably given Southern Dobruja to Romania but it looked terrible and I hate border gore (that weirdly shaped East Prussia is bad enough but that area had a clear Polish majority even in OTL) I am also building them a Mediterranean port in Alexandroupoli.

Poor Yugoslavia had to pay up in land claims to Albania, Bulgaria, and Austria while gaining their claims on Hungary to make this happen. I justify it on the basis of imagining that state as more of a Serbo-Croat union at Bosnia's expense. Less OTL reasons for them to hate each other considering they were both under Austro-Hungarian dominion in recent history. Greece is probably the big winner in the Balkans getting for its trouble most of Thrace, Crete, Cyprus and all its pesky island claims. Turkey gets to keep its European territories on account of giving a few provinces to Kurdistan (won't give Kars to Armenia either)

Denmark lost a plebiscite to Germany over Holstein and is pretty pathetic IC-wise. I am thinking of incorporating it into a Scandinavian Union after I invade it. Switzerland without Geneva is a bit of an eyesore but since nobody else has claims on it and its pretty well armed and mountainous I won't bother it any further. I think my greater France looks better with Geneva and besides, the whole point is to incorporate all French speakers in one state so, of course, I'd have it. I kind of gave Poland some Ukrainian territory to compensate it for what it didn't get as well, guess I will have to compensate them at Russia's expense.

Question is, how will I compensate Russia? That said, considering they are the big baddy in-game, do I even need to?

At any rate, peace in Europe!

Edit: tried to justify the above in-game as some sort of weird regional solution according to which Turkey retains Northern Syria as a puppet, Christians in Lebanon are protected by France, while the industrial provinces of Beirut and Damascus end up in the Arab Republic to maximize resource efficiency. This is the result:

1655818676072.png

Smeg it, I will just have to enable releases of other states with Turkey

Edit - here we go

1655828484354.png

The idea here was to compensate Turkey and Syria for an enlarged Kurdistan with most of its claims. I gave them a core in North Cyprus (because it's about time Greece gave something up for all it's getting) and control over an enlarged Syria in control of portions of Jordan and Palestine that I am pretty sure were claimed by French Syria shortly after the First World War (to which the Battle of Tel Hai was a minor consequence with an Alamo like mythos in Israel.) Palestine represents what even modern-day Turkey is trying to get at Jordan's expense, dominion over the holy sites of Jerusalem only enlarged to the whole area.

Israel and Lebanon represent French enclaves for religious minorities (read excuses to maintain imperialist-like naval bases along the coast as a Proletariat Republic) Jordan is a French-affiliated buffer state between Arabia and the Turkish puppets. Like before, Arabia also gets Eilat and a chunk of Jordan as a land corridor to Sinai though I didn't grab Egypt yet because I don't want a front with the imperialist powers in Africa just yet. Instead, I opted for the rather cheeky approach of giving Port Said to Egypt and claiming the Suez from Arabia thus forcing it to pick Riyadh as its capital since Cairo isn't available yet.

Sure, I am rather limited in what I can do via DH, but I am quite happy with this map. I think it represents a fairly realistic solution while giving me all those swell IC bonuses. Unfortunately, it does cut about 10 IC off the Arabian state at a time it does not have a lot of it, but the border gore of trying to work around it is hellish. Kurdistan is also still a problem on account of getting no IC bonus, but it doesn't hurt the other states too much and I prefer demographic solutions over gamey choices. A smaller Kurdistan simply does not cover the demographic presence of the population and I have a soft spot for them.

Last edited:
Maybe they used paratroopers? But even then... how?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Even I don't know how it is possible...

View attachment 853735
Maybe they're allied with a major power and hitched a ride on one of their transports. I've actually seen Japan take Malta in a TGC game once when Italy controlled the Suez.

Maybe they're allied with a major power and hitched a ride on one of their transports. I've actually seen Japan take Malta in a TGC game once when Italy controlled the Suez.

Perhaps, it is. In the game, Tibet didn't have any port provinces and of course any navies. They were just surrounded by mountains as always.
At least, Dalai Lama got a good summer resort in Europe when he is so bored in the Himalayas.:)

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: