• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well siam will be much better conquest than the indochina itself, because of that penisula wich is full of rarematerials, also, congratulations on making middle east your backyard...

but in any case, Alaska, please, pleeeeaaaaasseeeee ;(

@Deus Eversor

11i0p5x.jpg

To everyone: it's time to start the voting for my next aar. I'm going to do an uncivilized country next so get your votes in, and decide who I will be playing!

Try playing as Khiva :) I would absolutely be following that one!

The End of a Reign

My final months in office were exciting ones, we finished securing the Arabian Peninsula, expanded the factories by a a decent amount, and the first major war in Europe exploded! My son was next to me the entire time. I had to teach him that wars are not just a means of expansion, but that they are cruel, meaningless, and painful to millions of families that have to fight.The wars I fought were quick, and decisive, I never wanted to kill more of my people than I had to in order for the world to get my point. Sadly, this first major war was going to claim a lot of lives, but I wanted to keep as many as I could alive. My son will watch me as I organize the attack, and invasions.

168bsix.jpg

The infamous Desert Rats finish securing the Arabian Peninsula for the Russian crown!

The Desert Rats, formally known as the 10th, and 17th Imperial Regiments, prepared the final Russian invasion of the Arabian Peninsula. Hedjaz, and Yemen, sat alone, and defenseless while the expert warriors of the Russian Empire prepared for their final invasion. The Imperial Middle East Fleet patrolled the Red Sea, shelling any military installments, or possible ships that the final Arabs could use in their assaults. The Russian fleet attacked the small, and only clipper convoy the Yemenis had in the Red Sea. After a small engagement, and bombardment of the entire Yemeni coast, the Desert Rats attacked the Sarawat Mountains. These mountains were the only defensive line for the remaining Arabs, and instead of defending them to the death, they gave the mountain chain to my soldiers. It took only a short month before only the capitals were left. After a multi-pronged attacked, against both capitals at the same time did the Arabian Peninsula fall. The Desert Rats established two bases, one in Mecca, and the other in Dohrain. The men let the inhospitable Nejd Plateau to the civilians. If they wanted that land, they could attempt to keep it, but they were eventually going to accept my rule, one way or the other.

28bej46.jpg

The Arabian Peninsula is officially a Russian possession

While the war for the Arabian Peninsula came to an end, the North German Federation, and British Empire wanted me to aid them in a war against Austria, and The Netherlands. I was pleased to see this offer, the Austrians had not defended our shared border in a decade, and it was time for me to take that advantage. My plan was very simple, rush our men to the Carpathian Mountains, and set up a defensive line before any major Austrian reinforcements could reach the line. Sadly, before our men even finished securing the first set of territory, over 100,000 Austrians attacked our lines. Most were already established divisions! The Austrians feared the mighty Russian war machine, and left their other two fronts open to try, and close the Russian front. The initial assault shocked most of the Russian units, some losing a lot of men others not losing many. The major assault came in against the 6th Imperial Division. Otto managed to beat back the Austrians, only barely though. While the attack on the 6th continued for three weeks, the rest of the Russian invasion closed in, and secured the Carpathians, and Eastern Galicia. The Austrians had lost their second most productive province, and now had to drive deep into the Russian lines in order to take it back.

11bt6bm.jpg

The mighty Russian military barely survives a surprise engagement by the Austrians

The British didn’t aid the German, Russian, Swiss, and Italian invasion of the Austrian Empire. The Russians took most of the attention, allowing the Germans to march within fifty kilometers of Vienna, the Italians managed to secure all of the Balkans, and the Swiss supported the Italian advance by securing the lands east, and north of the advance. The Austrian economy was crippled with the Russian navy blockading their ports, and losing their most productive provinces within three months of the opening of the war. After six months of naval engagements, the British finally sent a small squadron of frigates to aid the Russian ironclads, and monitors of destroying the remaining Austrian fleet in the Venetian Bay. As the war came to a close, I showed my son the list of all the men that were not going to come home to their families. I showed him over 200 pages of names, all of which I will be signing a letter of my condolences to them! There husbands served me to the furthest extent possible, the least I could do was thank their families, and send a nominal grievance pay to them.

9rqavo.jpg

The First Great War ends with a clear Entente victory

My son took control of the Russian Empire on January 1st, 1882. I had taken the empire farther than anyone before me. We were the second most industrialized country, the strongest army, and navy, the most prestigious country, expanded the borders farther than ever, and brought in more than four million people under the Russian crown. My hopes were very high for Alexander! All he had to do was keep it going, and defend the lands I have given him, and he can easily be one of the greatest emperor ever!

@ Deus Eversor

The Italians pushed along the coast, and then went for Vienna once they took the coast. Their main advance was out of Slovenia. The Swiss were more of an occupying force while the Italians, and Germans killed the Austrian farmers, while I killed the real Austrian military. Sadly, this war went by way too fast, and came up literally out of nowhere. Two alliances were broken then not even a month later bam! Great War 1 here we come.

The New Man

13546-004-483DC552.jpg

A portrait of our beloved ruler, Alexander II of Russia

Alexander II was the last emperor of the mighty Russian Empire. He was assassinated in 1881, by three members of the Narodnaya Volya, “The People’s Will”. The reason for the assassination was that Alexander was planning on revoking some liberal reforms he had established with farms, and factories, as well as attempting to bring Finland back completely under Russian rule. The group heard of the news from its numerous agents, and designed a plot to kill the emperor. The plan required three bombers, each bomber would throw another bomb in case the previous one did not complete the job. The initial explosion did no damage to the emperor. It was the emperor’s will to help people that killed him. A second bomb was thrown at his feet to blow up a mere couple of seconds later. The explosion ripped his legs off, and almost gutted him. The emperor was moved to the palace where he died in his study with his family around him, exactly twenty years after ending serfdom in Russia.

a96861_a531_2-alexander2.jpg

A painting of the assassination of Alexander II

Alexander made many achievements throughout his realm when it came to giving citizens more rights, and social advancements. When it came to the economy, military, and foreign affairs, he was notoriously one of the weakest rulers ever. The economy fell into a depression, the military was nearly destroyed, and the world hated the Russian Empire at the end of his reign. Alexander made some attempts to keep the Russian nation moving, but failed historically. After his death, his Alexander III took over, he didn’t fair much better.

As I took control over the empire, my father gave me a diary that was passed down throughout the family. In the diary, the emperor before left some tips, and insights to the current situation, and how they would handle them. It was essentially my briefing of the current situation, and my direct aid. My father told me of the current situation in Europe, alliances were being formed for the eventual series of Great Wars. Germany, Russia, and the United Kingdom were taking sides while France, Austria, Spain, Belgium, and The Netherlands took their sides. Italy was the swing country, but more than likely would side with the French, and Austrians instead of fighting a defensive war while they prayed that the British, Germans, and Russians would come to their help. I immediately jumped at the situation, and started recruiting new countries to my cause. Bringing more countries, and strong ones would help fight in Africa, and South America, the two major holdings the French, and Austrians established.

51olco.jpg

The American people now will officially be under my indirect rule!

My goal was to start expanding my power into the new world. The Americans were decimated by the Confederates, and Mexicans. All three have been fighting one another, maybe a little peace between the three with some Russian intervention will work wonders. I sent a diplomatic team in early 1881, my father had given me control of the foreign affairs early. As the year progressed, my team continued to update me that more, and more progress was being made every day. By the end of the year, the Americans wanted an alliance, and we were friendly with one another. It didn’t take long, but by mid 1882, the Americans entered my sphere of influence! The mighty claw of Russia has extended across the Pacific Ocean, and brought the Americans into our influence. Next stop, Mexico!

The Reds Are Coming

My first decade in office was quite boring. No major wars, other than following my father’s advice, and taking Siam with the Japanese, no real need to develop the military, no need to make massive economic expansions. It was a very boring time for the world. The only real major change in the world was that I was able to make the British start to like Russia after numerous wars, and the French attempted to break the German wall in the Ardennes. The years passed by, I sphered Mexico, lost the USA sphere to them becoming a great power, and I aided the USA in taking the final two states from the CSA, and New England. So far my power has done nothing to anger the citizens, or to make them love me.

As the year 1891 rolled in, my advisors started to brief me about the Communists in all of Southern Russia, and the cell in the capital. I laughed when they said roughly 240 Communist brigades would rise up in the spring of 1892. My advisors were concerned that I was taking such an easy time with the threat of Communists taking over the greatest country in the world. Occasionally I would hear them talking in back rooms about how strict, and decisive my father would have been with the news. I would interrupt them time after time again, and they would never give me an answer as to what they were talking about. This secrecy angered me greatly! I am their emperor! If I give them a command they should follow it unconditionally!

24g966g.jpg

Communists! In my Russia! They all shall die!

As the spring of 1892 rolled in, I waited for the communists to rise up against me. When July rolled in, I ordered all my advisors into my chambers, I was going to lash out at them for giving me false information about the communists. On July 12th, 1892, my advisors walked into my chambers, just as they sat down, my royal guard officer burst into the room!

“My emperor, there are communists outside! They are trying to storm the palace,” the guard bursted out.
“Assemble the few guards we have in the city, and barricade the palace door, set up defenses around the stairwell, get shooters on the roof, and keep them back till I can get reinforcements brought in. As for you men, stay here, keep the country running, and make sure that this door is barricaded till I come back,” I ordered my advisors with authority.
“Sir, we only have fifty men in the entire city that are still loyal,” my guard responded.
“If we hold them outside on the stairs, their numbers are completely useless, just keep them in the open, and away from the main defenses,” I pushed my guard out the door as I followed.

23rs935.jpg

The Communist stronghold in the beginning of the revolt

My advisors were right on the communist revolt, but they were off by a couple months. At least I know that these men need to be dealt with, and dealt with quickly. The communists did indeed raise 240 brigades as well. Their main effort was in the Caucasus, Crimea Peninsula, and Ukraine. I mobilized my men that were defending the borders to immediately begin eradicating the communist uprising. The fifty loyal guards, defend the palace for three months while the 12th Imperial Regiment fought off some Finnish rebels. Once they arrived, the uprising in the capital was suppressed immediately. The remaining rebels weren’t doing any better. The bulk of the Russian military pincered the main revolt, and cut it off from the eastern revolt. Before the rebels knew what was going on, they were pushed into Kursk, and surrounded by the best the world had to offer. Once the rebel stronghold was destroyed, the main force went back to defending the Austrian-Russian border, while the cavalry, and Caucasus units finished off the eastern communists.

f8mbm.jpg

The Communist stronghold is crushed, nearly ending the revolt

The final battle of the Communist revolt occurred on January 2nd, 1893 in Kokshetau. Semyon Voroshilov ordered mass attack into the town of Kokshetau just before sunrise. The communists managed to secure the small town, but weren’t ready for a Russian assault. Semyon ordered anyone who raised a fight, or attempted to fight to be shot on the spot. The Russians entered the town, and slaughtered the two guards, they rushed into the center of town. Kicking in doors, setting defenses a blaze, killing anyone who raised an arm, the Semyon was given orders to make sure that this communist town learned, and that it learned the hard way. The men inside the barracks were barred in, the Russians laughed as they threw lit torches onto the wooden structure. The men inside watched as their barracks went from a cold damp wooden structure to a raging inferno that was going to kill them. The Russian infantry outside waited for the men to run out so they could shoot them or throw them back inside. By noon, the entire town was burning, the communists were killed, and the few stragglers that escaped were being hunted. By January 3rd, the revolt was over! My men crushed the Communists, and burned any village that sympathized with them.

24lsf4g.jpg

The Communist revolt is put down once, and for all

A couple weeks after the end of the revolt, I captured the three remaining leaders that weren’t killed in Kursk. I brought the three to three cities to show that a revolt will not be tolerated. Moscow, St.Petersburg, and Kiev all saw one of the leaders squirm on my gallows as the life was ripped from him. The citizens cheered as they saw them drop, I smiled as well. No one resisted my father’s rule, and no one will resist my rule or they will pay the ultimate sacrifice!

@ Herbert West - I believe that it is humiliation, and disarmament, but a little less along with whatever the original demands for the war were

To all my readers: Sorry for the lack of updates, I started a new job, and have been working 60 hours a week. I should have an update out tomorrow, or later tonight. Thanks for the support!

Down with the godless Commies!

@ Nikolai - I have had actually 3 more attempted communist revolts. They all were a lot smaller, and allowed my military to gain more experience. Love how the AI just hands out experience to my military.

Once again, sorry mates, work as a vendor in the holidays are crazy. I'm finally sitting down, and writing the update now. Should be out tomorrow night for sure. Thanks for the support!

A Peaceful Time

The communists didn’t accept their defeat kindly. They rose up two more times in the next three years. By 1895, the communists were still revolting, but only in Siberia, and Indochina. The citizens finally accepted my rule in the massively industrial powerhouse once called the Russian steppes. These revolts did nothing, but annoy, and aggravate me. I was continuously writing to families, and handing out money to people that I have never met, but their sons did give their lives in the revolts. The only good thing to come out of the communist revolts was the combat experience that my young recruits gained.

guerrilla.jpg

Russian infantry kill all and any communist rebels that attempt to surrender

They learned how to effectively take the rigorous guerilla warfare of average civilians, and twist that disadvantage into a major advantage. The men planned their attacks by giving the communists a false sense of weakness, then allowing the communists to attack the “weakness” which actually became an envelopment trap allowing the destruction of the rebels. The sergeants of my squads, officers of my regiments, and generals of my armies all learned valuable experience as well. Organization, marching, and combat, all became a daily event for these men as they pushed into the rebels, and destroyed them. Finally after three years of revolts, these men learned decades of combat experience in a couple of years, with very few losses.

factory_town.jpg

The Russian steppes become an industrial powerhouse throughout the entire world!

After the 1895, the revolts were contained, and the economy boomed! All of my factories began expanding not twice every ten years, but now they began to expand once a year or once every two years. Our craftsmen, and clerks became famous around the world for their expert work. Nations all over the world were buying Russian goods over British, or French goods. Russian artillery, small arms, and ammunition was the most widely used among the world. Only the Germans, and British managed to sustain their military with their own equipment. War was now going to be on Russian terms! Just because our military industry was the best in the world doesn’t mean I left everything else behind. I managed to supply a portion of the world with consumer goods, but more importantly, I managed to supply my country with whatever they wanted, and still had enough to sell to countries in my sphere of influence.

Crossing_the_Alps.jpg

The French military attempts to cross the alps to flank the Italian military
With my economy booming, and my military gaining valuable experience, it was time for something interesting to happen in the world. No wars were fought since the First Great War, in which the Austrian Empire suffered a humiliating defeat by allowing the Swiss to siege their capital, the Italians taking their coast, the Germans securing most of their border, and the Russians destroying their military, and securing their most productive province. This time the Austrians wanted to redeem themselves! France, Austria, and Great Britian led an assault accompanied by The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Sweden against the Germans, and Italians. The French wanted their 1836 border to be re-established, and was ready to fight for it! The fighting went on from 1897 to 1899, mostly in the Alps, Belgium, and French countryside. The initial attack by the French Coalition was demolished by the veteran Germans, and Italians.

The strategic counterattack took the coalition by surprise! The Germans managed to secure all of Belgium, The Netherlands, and make a massive southern hook around the French defenses at Verdun, and strike at Paris, and eventually swinging back to destroy the defensive line. With the defensive line destroyed, over 250,000 German soldiers stormed the French countryside, most of them pushed south to aid their Italian allies who were having difficulty breaking the naval blockade by the British, and the repetitive assaults on two fronts by the Austrians, and French. Finally, the British landed over 100,000 soldiers in Sicily, and marched north to secure Rome. The Italian military was destroyed by the massive British army. This allowed the war to become a stalemate! A defensive line was established, Germany on one side, and the French Coalition on the other. The line stretched from Brittany through Paris, and down to the French alps. A second line was established on the Austrian-German border, and a final line was established from the English Channel to the Northern tip of Denmark. The French eventually broke the weakened line, but a fourth line was established in the old French defenses, at Verdun, and Belgian border defenses.

German-soldiers-at-Verdun.jpg

The newly invented German machine guns mow down the French as they attack the German trench line

The biggest, and bloodiest battle to date occurred during this war. When I was informed of how many men were already killed, and how many more were marching to its location, I turned my page, and wrote notes on the battle. I wanted to know who came out victorious, and what the casualties were. By figuring this out, I could see exactly how many men both sides were willing to lose, how many they could reinforce with, and how long both sides could keep the fighting going. The battle took place at Epinal, the center of the German defenses for the southern flank, I only started to take notes after the battle has been going for over a week, and 500,000 men were involved. By the time the battle reached its one month mark, over 200,000 casualties were recorded for both sides, and they were still marching more men to the battle sight. The battle also brought the attention of the British, and Austrians, both of which started to lend reserves to the French commander. The battle didn’t slow down once all the French were removed from the battlefield, and a strictly British line was established, then lost, then a strictly Austrian line was established then lost. After six months of gruesome fighting, the region was no longer lush farmland, it was a black archaic landscape that the German commander was using his expertise to defend, and slaughter enemy soldiers. Finally, after over 750,000 casualties, roughly 600,000 French Coalition, and 150,000 Germans, the French commander ordered the coalition to retreat, and regroup. Two months later, an armistice was signed, and another month later a white peace was signed. The French military was shamed, while the Austrians, and British suffered only some minor setbacks in the eyes of the world. The Germans on the other hand, they became my new best friend.