• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(108041)

Second Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2008
Avignon:The Rise of the Anti-pope​

The Prologue

For many years, the province of Avignon had been ruled by the Papal State however one day, the archbishop, who had been stationed there to govern Avignon, soon had a radical idea.What if he could revolt against the pope and become even more powerful in the Catholic world.So he suddenly managed to get the people and the full Papal garrison on his side as he preached a bleak future in which a "reformed christianity"would spread across Europe, and he blamed all of this on the Papal State and the pope being corrupt and if Europe supported the archbishop then this spread will be prevented.And so, with a swift execution of all soldiers loyal to the Pope and with France continuing to deny the Papal troops military access the archbishop declared Avignon independent and proclaimed himself the anti-pope.From here he selected the anti-cardinals and formed the anti-curia and thus began the quest for Europe to realise that the anti-pope, not the pope is the religious leader to look up to.

Mwuahahaha!

And so it begins!

Now I will send my mission! :D

Sorry,when I started France immediately declared war before I built an army and annexed me so this AAR is just going to continue as a narrative AAR.I will still take any missions but will intergrate them into a story.I will post chapter 1 tommorow hopefully

HC.AFC said:
Sorry,when I started France immediately declared war before I built an army and annexed me so this AAR is just going to continue as a narrative AAR.I will still take any missions but will intergrate them into a story.I will post chapter 1 tommorow hopefully
Oh. Gee, that's some bad luck, mate. :p This really was doomed.

Chapter 1:Repelling France

In the war room of the antivatican the antipope Clemens IX was having a meeting with his cardinals.
"Welcome and thank you for coming today.If we are going to start our reign of rule over the Catholic Church the theory was that we would need to convince other countries that I am the rightful one, chosen by God himself."
Cardinal Spinelli piped up "Itook the message to England,Castille,Aragon,Portugal and France, however all the leaders rejected your rule I'm afraid, your holiness."
"Don't worry Spinelli with my plan, they will learn, how about your journey to Germany,Cardinal De-medici?
"Well your holiness, all accepted barring Lorrain and Anhalt."
"They will be dealt with.Cardinal Borgia,your trip to Italy?"
"All rejected apart from Siena, where a diplomat is waiting to see you."
"Send him in!"
The Sienese diplomat walked in.
"Well?"inquired Clemens
"Your holiness,I would like to ask you if you would like to form an alliance with death?"
"Excuse me?"
Cardinal De Medici noticed the knife in the diplomats pocket.Then without warning,the diplomat drew his knife and stabbed Clemens in the chest.
"And by the way,France declares war."
And with that, the assassin jumped out of the window and bounded along the rooves until he was out of sight.
Cardinal Borgia immediately all troops to be Ready.
###################################################
"Excuse me detective?"
"Yes sir?"
"A new case has just come in.I need you to sit quietly and listen.The antipope was assassinated last night,the assassin was dressed as a Sienese diplomat.He has been on a rampage lately and the situation has become urgent.I want yo to be Avignon's representative at the International Dectetive Agency's meeting at Rhodes.Your ship is ready so I suggest you depart n..........."
"Sir?Oh my God,he's been poisoned"
He turned round to see the whole city on fire, and the Fleur di lis flying high.

Man, I was really looking forward to this :eek:o

I guess Avignon is a very hard country to play (you just need to secure your border with france and then you are good.)

Too bad, it would've been a very good AAR with quite a challange

Sorry that it didn't work out for you with Avignon. Try one of the "big boys" for your next AAR. :)

There is one golden rule for AAR-writing: As long as you enjoy writing it, it will hold a value. So if you feel that you enjoy writing, despite you being rather unlucky in this game, then by the Nine -- continue! It is a marvellous hobby. :)

Chapter 2-The rise of the New Catholic Order

All appeared to be lost for the hopes of a new era of Catholicism, the anti-pope Clemens IX had been assassinated by a "Sienese diplomat" and Avignon had fallen to the French armies.People across Europe in mourning for the lost cause as their leaders continue to support the corrupt Papal state and their greed. The year was 1501 and the leader of the New Catholic Order knew that it was only a matter if time before the dark days of religion.

Henri took to the podium to address his followers,"Brothers! We are gathered here, at the Andaman Islands in exile as we are not welcome in Europe, with our promises to a better future.France and the Papal States think that they have eradicated us.They may have assassinated our founder however it is our duty to follow in his footsteps.This is but for one reason.GOD WILLS IT!!!!!!!!!

While I sleep God instructs me! Last night he told me that our time is now brothers!Tomorrow we sail to the heathen state of ALGIERS!!!