Automatic reminder when state edict or trading policy can be changed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wouldn't these just get annoying really quickly? Aside from the Development Cost Edict specifically, State Edicts and Trade Policies are not actually something you would change every year.

What i would like is for the Missionary Strength, Institution Spread, and Autonomy Edicts to disable themselves when the state is fully converted, up to date on institutions, and at 0% -0.03% pr. month in autonomy respectively. Maybe the Unrest and Devastation ones too.

Wouldn't these just get annoying really quickly?
It could be made mutable, via message settings like with other popups.

Aside from the Development Cost Edict specifically, State Edicts and Trade Policies are not actually something you would change every year.
It depends. You can set Autonomy edict, see that it's economical effect is not worth its cost, and want to disable it. As for Trade Policies - as for me, I often want to disable "Establish Communities" and "Improve Inland Routes" after year

What i would like is for the Missionary Strength, Institution Spread, and Autonomy Edicts to disable themselves when the state is fully converted, up to date on institutions, and at 0% -0.03% pr. month in autonomy respectively. Maybe the Unrest and Devastation ones too.
In case of Missionary Strength such behavior can be harmful if you are converting more than one province in the same state, at least if it's done automatically without asking. Province conversion stops, edict is automagically removed, you start converting nearby province and need to enable edict manually again, and then it starts new 1 year cooldown.

In case of Missionary Strength such behavior can be harmful if you are converting more than one province in the same state, at least if it's done automatically without asking. Province conversion stops, edict is automagically removed, you start converting nearby province and need to enable edict manually again, and then it starts new 1 year cooldown.
Note that i said "when the state is fully converted", i would only want it to go away automatically when every province in the state is converted.

You also just reminded me of another thing i would like changed about state edicts: The fact that setting the edict to the same thing it already is puts it on cooldown.

It could work this way: each edict should have an enabling condition, and if this condition is not met edict button is hidden (or shown in "disabled" state), and if that edict was chosen it automatically switches to "No Edict".
  • Advancement Effort: any province has growing institution
  • Centralization Effort: any province has local autonomy higher than minimum
  • Defensive Edict: country is at war
  • Encourage Development: always possible [*]
  • Feudal De Jure Law: always possible, or when any province has positive unrest
  • Religion Enforced: country religion is Catholic and there is any Catholic province in state
  • Edict of Absolutism: any province has devastation higher than 0
  • Increased Enlistment: always possible
  • Protect Trade: always possible
  • Enforce Religious Unity: any province has heretic or heathen religion
Similar principle can be applied to "Improve Inland Routes" trade policy: it could require being at war and having any uncontrolled hostile fort in trade node for enabling, and disable itself when condition becomes false. "Hostile Trading" and "Establish Communities" are more tricky though, they can be disabled if they have no possible targets, but it won't be useful most of the time, and relying on presence of diplomats in countries can lead to unwanted results.

[*] Can be used to nerf Encourage Development, see also https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/fixing-inflation-of-development-cost-in-game.1499450/

It could work this way: each edict should have an enabling condition, and if this condition is not met edict button is hidden (or shown in "disabled" state), and if that edict was chosen it automatically switches to "No Edict".
  • Advancement Effort: any province has growing institution
  • Centralization Effort: any province has local autonomy higher than minimum
  • Defensive Edict: country is at war
  • Encourage Development: always possible [*]
  • Feudal De Jure Law: always possible, or when any province has positive unrest
  • Religion Enforced: country religion is Catholic and there is any Catholic province in state
  • Edict of Absolutism: any province has devastation higher than 0
  • Increased Enlistment: always possible
  • Protect Trade: always possible
  • Enforce Religious Unity: any province has heretic or heathen religion
Similar principle can be applied to "Improve Inland Routes" trade policy: it could require being at war and having any uncontrolled hostile fort in trade node for enabling, and disable itself when condition becomes false. "Hostile Trading" and "Establish Communities" are more tricky though, they can be disabled if they have no possible targets, but it won't be useful most of the time, and relying on presence of diplomats in countries can lead to unwanted results.

[*] Can be used to nerf Encourage Development, see also https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/fixing-inflation-of-development-cost-in-game.1499450/
I think the one thing I'm missing here is the ability to enable Defensive before you start a war, which is especially relevant in settings where you can't pause (so mainly MP). Establish Communities should never disable itself, because it affects decay rate of AE and other negative opinion modifiers.

I think the one thing I'm missing here is the ability to enable Defensive before you start a war, which is especially relevant in settings where you can't pause (so mainly MP)
This sounds like a complex automation, as enabling defensive edict everywhere is not the only or the optimal strategy (you can do it only for forts, or for states which can be reasonably expected to be reachable for enemies in a short time). Perhaps the best solution would be to improve state edict macrobuilder so you could apply the same edict to multiple (or all) provinces with as little clicks as possible.

"Lazy" alternative solution is to skip condition of defensive edict and allow to keep it running at peace time, so in MP you could leave it enabled where you want all the time (spend in-game money to avoid micromanagement).

Establish Communities should never disable itself, because it affects decay rate of AE and other negative opinion modifiers.
Are you sure it works this way? I though decay rate of AE was only affected by "Improve relations" modifier which is country-wide and is not affected by trading policy.