• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(273203)

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
After 2hours of sandbox play my game crashed and all my work was lost.

I suppose crashes will be fixed soon but, what kind of game does not have an autosave?

Yes I know I can manually save whenever I want but that is not the point.

Thank you.

Many games don't have autosave.

Cities XL, the complete Giant series (about 10 games), Age of Empires, and so on.
Honestly I've seen more games without autosave than with one in the last time.

Suggestion: Write "DON'T FORGET SAVING!" on a yellow post-it and pin it onto your monitor ;)

A quick-saving feature would be nice though. Right now you have to enter the game menu, click save, type a name, confirm overwrite. It's four steps for what should be a single keypress. Saved game filenames can easily be auto-generated, e.g. "North-South Lines, Berlin Scenario, Campaign, 1924 Oct 27", also saving a (particularly annoying) step.

A quick-saving feature would be nice though. Right now you have to enter the game menu, click save, type a name, confirm overwrite. It's four steps for what should be a single keypress. Saved game filenames can easily be auto-generated, e.g. "North-South Lines, Berlin Scenario, Campaign, 1924 Oct 27", also saving a (particularly annoying) step.

Please Please Please Devs give me a ctrl+s save shortcut. I can barely play with all the crashes right now, but a quicksave feature would make very happy

It's a sign of a great game that you can play it for hours without noticing the time pass :)

But since the game does seem a bit unstable, and saving is easily forgotten, an autosave feature is really needed.

In comparison, Civ5 is as stable as a rock, but I still have it to do an autosave every four turns...

+1 for autosave. Already missed this in the beta and thought the reason why you couldn't save at all was that this maybe wasn't totally implemented. Now I have to read that isn't included in the final version! :( ... still happy to read at amazon that my game will be shipped today! :D This is gonna be a hell of a weekend! :D

It would be very nice with an autosave option (every 5m, 10m or 30m) or at least a quicksave button.
Just to clear things up: Are you asking for a quick save for cim1 or cim2? This is the cim1 forums, but it looks like you only have cim2 registered.

+1

a 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes autosave functionality would be VERY nice.

This game does not operate with usual decisions that you regret 3 minutes after doing or so, therefore an autosave feature would cause no harm, but would be a backup if the game crashes for any reason.