• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(735025)

Lt. General
2 Badges
May 6, 2013
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • 200k Club
I am still , not all the time , getting the arty firing on auto when I have it set for manual . Happened today in a match , that I would have lost anyway . I don't know why this happens but the system clearly isn't registering something . A quick fix maybe to have it default to manual instead of auto ?

Were you shooting at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :D
I think elarma said he had the same thing happening vs me.

I can't say I've really noticed this behaviour more than marginally, but it has happened. In my limited experience it's no so much that arty won't - eventually - fire at your set target, but it will at times take a pot-shot at a target of opportunity (in your arc) before your manual target. Which of course costs you a lot of cool-down. Possibly because targeting AI has set it sights on a target when there was no manual aim? I dunno.

I really think it has to do with setting it on manual before it targets anything in the very beginning of the game . In that particular match , I failed to set it to manual before if got hold of a scout . But the problem is it will still shoot at different targets after being set on manual even though it fired at it's original target . After that point , sometimes it shot where I wanted it to and sometimes Not . Just one misfire and it gets confusing as to where it's going next . I should have known better and just set it to auto and left it . But overlords are big juicy carrots to me , lol . Couldn't resist . At the very least there should be a way to completely cancel an order , manual or auto . Right where you click on a weapon and it brings up manual and auto would have been a perfect place for a Cancel Order , at least for this weapon , possibly for the rail gun also .

granted while it's been a while since I played, I'm fairly sure it happened to me also