• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perfect! Bleed them all white... :D

Green_alien said:
I experimented today a little. Horrible I tell ya what happened: Wurttenburg,Poland,Brandenburg,France,Savoy,Helvetia,Saxony,Parma on one side austria on the other.

Meh.

Fear not, for the mighty Austrian army is equal of all challengers! When I played Austria I annexed Wurtemberg, Savoy, Helvetia, Saxony, and Parma, cut Poland down to a single province, and made an alliance with Brandenburg and France. Remember that the only suitable punishment for those who challenge the might of the Habsburgs is total annexation :D . Having faced mega-BB wars as Austria before, here's the simple way to end them: 1) remember who actually DOWs you (forget their allies), strike at the actual offender, seizing one province should be enough to convince to accept at least WP, and any treaty you make with the declaree cancels any gains made by their allies, 2) many nations can be bought off and some will wisely accept WP, 3) divert all income to treasury and raise lots and lots of troops, the AI often sends in large armies but to neglects to raise any reinforcements, 4) any province you cede today can be retaken in 5 years :D. As for the frequency of fighting, 1) it's no less than I expect of good Austrians, and 2) I became Europe's babboy as Austria after 2 1/2 annexations, and once you've got a BB reputation, it's almost impossible to get rid of, so you might as well make use of it.

Well I generaly know what you said what I didn't know 'till few last month was badboy wars. I dare to say I am experienced player but I never tought of these wars as about 'event' ,also I didn't knew 'till now htat it is impossible to get rid of it.

But other things I knew before but still thanks for your interest that gives my AAR purpose and reason why to continue. :)

I started playing an Austrian game (I blame you and Zach :p ) but I've gone the peaceful route and have managed to annex Bavaria, Bohemia, Hungary and Saxony. I think I will take Venice next. Diploannexing is good as free armies are something you just can't beat and Emperor Karl owns as a diplomat.

Turkey is nasty in the 1540's. Just had a seven year war with them and we bled each other dry but I took Serbia so it's a victory! :p

I look forward to your further adventures as I continue to play mine. :)

Patched it? I play EU 1.10 with IGC 2.3. Maybe I was just lucky but Hungary took a couple tries same with Venice but all must be assimilated by the Burg! :rolleyes:

I'm proud of myself, I didn't offensively DoW anyone until I converted CRC. Wars of conversion were interesting in Germany. :D

In 1550 AD. Austria was looking more westwards toward France and Lorraine however in middle of them was Baden.

Austria was sure the states want to stop her at all cost and so Austria put armies on it's western borders and war started.

Baden's alliance leaved Baden without protection and soon Karlsruhe was stormed by king's forces.

However strangly it's preivous allies declared was on austria, and soon Brandenburg.

Austria was in horrible position facing vast armies of Palatinate,Kleves,Cologne and Brandenburg fighting with morale of armies fighting for protestantism.

There were numerous fights in Baden and Bavarian provinces just like in Thuringen that joined soon. Baden was in about 6 battles and 5 sieges just in last year.

But after that France with Savoy,Helvetia,Papal sates and Parma joined war on side of german states.

90 000 was on march.

Milan was sieged just like Tyrol and there was no hope left.

Mecklenburg,Poland and Saxony just like hungary attacked Austria.

Hanseatic union joined soon but peace was made soon also for 13 000 ducats.
(13 gold)

After horrible losses on both sides that were never counted Austria made peace with alliance of Palatinate giving them Wurttenburg and Baden.

Austria patiently awaited it's chance.

Austria was always relying on her economy and attrition.

All states were exhausted and Austria had enough borrowed money, raised taxes and other income to face it's enemies that had no armies that were build during peace left, however situation was complicated by rebels in Milan making rebelions whenever they could.
Remaints of army were re-sieging province by province in small numbers so they didn't suffered any attrition while wast armies of enemies turned into dust while using 90 000 men on one fort.
White peaces were made with Hungary and France.
Now Austria concentrated on Poland and made peace with it.

Saxony was beaten and all it's provinces were added to Austria.

Invaders-2 new provinces Austria-3 new provinces.

War ended after 6 bloody years of fight and there were no families that wouldn't lost a son or father in all of germany, altought in Austria nearly every provincial fortress was siege and thus Austria had most of causalties.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eh sorry for my english.

I had to make it shorter as this war was bloody long.

Of course people are still reading it! Update update update! :D

Hey, I even did an update so you better get crackin! :p

5 years after the end of latest war, Austria decided it will finally conquer brandenburg. It was one of the next steps in the movement to unify germany by force.

The troops were gathered on north borders and new troops were trained, the war was ready to begin.

But western states decided they have enough of Austria with her instant conquering and never ending gains, and so incited by pope or lust, Papal states, Spain, Palatinat, Kleves, Cologne, Poland-Lithuani, Hanseatic league,Parma, Savoy, Swtizerland and England, one by one declared wars.

Before their troops arrived, Asutria was nearly done with siege of Brandenburg capital and other provinces.

Palatinat gained western provinces of austria and Savoy with allies conquered Milan

(One would say it should be turned into desert after all these wars eh?)

Austria was in desperate position, the monarch becomed insane.

The rebels of the east gained previously polish provinces after they were betrayed by Poland that accepted peace due to war with Prussia. The rebels were moving into Bohemia.

Hanseatic league accepted peace for 7 000 ducats (7)

The Austrian army was desperate since only local militia was defending all of Austria, only few thousands of troops remained and new and new debts were made. It was certain Austria will be soon bankrupt.

Austria threw all it had on Savoys regaining Tyrol and Milan, horrified by smooth advance of these new recruits, peace was negitiated, however Modena still continues in it's war.

Palatinat did peace with Austria in return of one province. Brandenburg did too under condition that brandenburg will remain independent state, holding their only one lasting province.

Hungary gone into war with Austria, however soon their capital was captured with 97 cannons, 3000 troops and 500 cavalry.

There is still war raging on in year 1567, rebels in the east, Austria in debts and with uncertain future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damned badboy wars!

What do you mean, damn badboy wars?! BB wars are a godsend, meant for the expansion of your righteous nation! What are you thinking? :D :D

BB Wars can be difficult as Austria since there are so many fronts you can be invaded from. Best idea is whenever you plan a campaign, keep enough troops in reserve to meet the BB agressors. Remember which country leads the alliance (i.e. if Poland DOWs and France and Spain answer as Poland's allies, hit Poland first and hit them hard, when you force them to peace, France and Spain will be out too).Patientence is also key, as the AI will frequently send a large army in but fail to raise reinforcements, use this to your advantage, I find that most fronts are winnable if you let the huge AI armies whittle away to attrition before meeting them head on. Other than that, keep plugging, since as Morpheus says, the BB war is the easiest way to get big fast.

Yeah, I always try to avoid their main army (unless my army is up to the task of crushing my enemies army outright ala the Burgundy tale :) ) and let them reduce themselves via attrition and instead sweep into their territories with small cavalry detachments to stop building and kill any new recruits.